M4 TACTICAL ILLUMINATOR on my 5.7? HOW??????????

A place to talk about your torches
22eley

M4 TACTICAL ILLUMINATOR on my 5.7? HOW??????????

Post by 22eley » 18 Nov 2013, 16:43

Its too wide is there :ponder: a fix so I can use it? made by insight teck thanks john [email protected]

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Re: M4 TACTICAL ILLUMINATOR on my 5.7? HOW??????????

Post by MrSlippyFist » 19 Nov 2013, 20:29

Got a link or a little more clarification?
Embrace the Suck

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 19 Nov 2013, 21:38

My first guess for the source of the problem is buying something with the word "tactical" in the name :laugh: Kidding

Seriously though, what exactly is the problem?
I am guessing (for reals this time) that the rail mount on the light is too big for use on the FsN and you are looking for a shim of some kind to fill the gap?

I can tell you that particular light was not made for the FsN but for S&W's Sigma Model E. S&W's rails look similar to those on my H&K .40 USP which would not accept a light/laser meant for the FsN, I tried. Therefore I expect the opposite would be true as well, a light/laser meant for the S&W would not work on a FsN.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

22eley

Post by 22eley » 21 Nov 2013, 08:51

Rapier1772 wrote:My first guess for the source of the problem is buying something with the word "tactical" in the name :laugh: Kidding

Seriously though, what exactly is the problem?
I am guessing (for reals this time) that the rail mount on the light is too big for use on the FsN and you are looking for a shim of some kind to fill the gap?

I can tell you that particular light was not made for the FsN but for S&W's Sigma Model E. S&W's rails look similar to those on my H&K .40 USP which would not accept a light/laser meant for the FsN, I tried. Therefore I expect the opposite would be true as well, a light/laser meant for the S&W would not work on a FsN.
I was thinking someone made a adapter that you could use, but I could not find one, and the M4 is a lot wider that the FN rail. I should trade it of put it on EBAY and buy a M3 and least I THINK the M3 will work? thanks john

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Nov 2013, 09:02

It's best to consult the manufacturer or retailer & check the compatibility with various firearms. Just make sure the FsN is on the list for that item.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.