Men like Allen West...

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: Men like Allen West...

Post by panzermk2 » 08 Nov 2010, 07:31

Llagoud wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ack-caucus
Congressman-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) said he plans to join the Congressional Black Caucus next year.

West, one of two black Republicans elected to Congress in Tuesday's election, said he plans to join the Democratic-dominated bloc, to challenge, in West word's, the CBC's "monolithic voice."

"I plan on joining, I'm not gonna ask for permission or whatever, I'm gonna find out when they meet and I will be a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and I think I meet all of the criteria and it's so important that we break down this 'monolithic voice' that continues to talk about victimization and dependency in the black community," West said on WOR radio.

"We've got to turn this thing around, and I think it's time for some different voices to be in that body politic," he added.

West hasn't been shy about giving grief to President Obama, the nation's first black president, grief on issues of race. West accused the president of exploiting race for political purposes after his administration decided not to prosecute members of the New Black Panther Party on allegations of voter intimidation in the 2008 election.
What I would give to be in the public gallery for the first meeting.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 21 Mar 2011, 02:32

10 minutes with Allen West.

tparty

Post by tparty » 21 Mar 2011, 17:27

Those of us who have shouldered the burden of command understand. Then there are the ones who have been organizing communities--they will likely never get it. That doesn't mean we're better. It's just a fact.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 14 Jan 2012, 05:47

......unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/all ... 16699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VeTTeMaNC486

Post by VeTTeMaNC486 » 19 Jan 2012, 01:33

Llagoud wrote:
......unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/all ... 16699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dude just got real.