Status of 5-7 ban

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
Tarik

Status of 5-7 ban

Post by Tarik » 09 Apr 2014, 03:57

Good day everyone,

New member looking to buy an FN 5-7.

As part of my research, I came across a lot of crap about an attempt to ban the guns and ammo, but i haven't seen anything recent. Anyone hear of what the status is?

If it makes a difference, I am a Canadian and if it gets banned in the US, they will probably put it on the Canadian prohibited list and then the RCMP will most likely seize them.

And if there are other Canucks on the forums - where the heck do you get ammo? :ponder:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: Status of 5-7 ban

Post by blueorison » 09 Apr 2014, 04:43

It's been said and rumored many times, and in the past I would have said it won't get banned.

However, at this point in (sad) American history, you never know. I would err on the side that would allow you to own what you want, and not worry about the rest. At this current point in time there is no indication there will be a ban.

If you want one, get one, and make sure you have enough ammunition.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Tarik

Re: Status of 5-7 ban

Post by Tarik » 09 Apr 2014, 05:07

Sounds good. Im glad the wifey is in the game too, cause it is a lot easier to talk her into purchases than if she wasn't.

Part of the reason i ask is because the RCMP just put a few on our prohibited list in a very sneaky fashion, so i wouldn't put it past them to try again.

Thanks for your input, and hello from the great white north (well, most is brown and green now!!)