Every newyorker must sign this petition to repeal gun restri

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
j_parker

Every newyorker must sign this petition to repeal gun restri

Post by j_parker » 25 Jan 2013, 18:22

Nysecond.org please I am begging every New Yorker to go to this website and sign up for the class action law suit and sign the petition to repeal this unconstitutional monstrosity. And thank you sen. Kathy marchione for understanding that restricting law abiding citizens will never stop criminals from doing what they do. I don't know if non New Yorkers are allowed to sign this petition maybe someone with a better understanding of these things can clear that up for me but this would be in everyone's interest to get on board with this because it will not stop with newyork. But maybe if we can stop it now it might save everyone else from having to put up with this

grimmond
Gold Member

Re: Every newyorker must sign this petition to repeal gun re

Post by grimmond » 26 Jan 2013, 08:59

I say everyone needs to sign it whether you live in New York or not. The page lists that if you are a gun owner and the law effects you then you can sign it. Well I feel that even though I don't live in New York their law does effect just about everyone due to that law will set a precedent for other states to follow.

Raveren

Re: Every newyorker must sign this petition to repeal gun re

Post by Raveren » 29 Jan 2013, 18:53

grimmond wrote:I say everyone needs to sign it whether you live in New York or not. The page lists that if you are a gun owner and the law effects you then you can sign it. Well I feel that even though I don't live in New York their law does effect just about everyone due to that law will set a precedent for other states to follow.
Yes, I agree that precedent is everything. I live in Florida, but I went ahead and signed up for both options anyway.