Shooter's world powders

General reloading

Moderator: Grantness

rustypipes12

Shooter's world powders

Post by rustypipes12 » 12 Mar 2021, 09:00

I've been trying out the SW powders in various calibers. The Auto Pistol is supposed to be equivalent to ACC#5 and the Major pistol to ACC#7. One thing I've noticed is increased recoil so I've been loading to the low end. I decided to try these when nothing else was available around me but I'm really starting to like them! They seem to burn cleaner than most and have flash suppressant in them.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Shooter's world powders

Post by panzermk2 » 25 Sep 2023, 09:48

As you have found out equivalent does not mean the same, even more so when used in 5.7 loading since the case pressures range it works in is outside that of normal powders.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

towerofpower93

Post by towerofpower93 » 27 Sep 2023, 02:56

Can you provide some load data you've been using along with any chrono data you've been able to compile? Would be interesting to see what kind of velocities you're getting with these powders so they can be compared to known 5.7 powders.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 28 Sep 2023, 15:16

Ive been impressed with Major Pistol. There are a few loads posted already. My only complaint so far is you have to take steps to deal with static cling.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 29 Sep 2023, 09:24

OK here is what you do.

Make sure you ground your bench.

I also have a stand alone 12 gauge wire ground wire running off ALL my presses.

Humidity , you want 47% for best powder dropping. I run humidifiers half the year and dehumidifiers the rest. This is one of the biggest way you can control your static issues.

Also BEFORE you fill your powder measure, spray the whole area with clothing static guard, table, floor, chair you are using EVERYTHING, including inside you polymer hopper tube. Let it dry. Even with all my measures I still use the spray. I buy it by the case.

You can also after that rub graphite powder on the inside of the powder hopper. Most folks think the black dust that sticks to their finguresis small gun powder particle. It is not. It is graphite. Graphite is used as a lube for the powder as it's inert.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 30 Sep 2023, 13:49

That’s good info. Thanks Jay.