Strike Industries Shock Buffer

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Strike Industries Shock Buffer

Post by blueorison » 11 Feb 2013, 00:51

Another shock buffer on the market.

Won't be the first or last time someone has made or will make something that "mitigates recoil, reduces wear, etc." along with a broad set of claims.

I always try to keep an open mind, however, no matter my bias which is formed from experience.

My issue is that if the buffer is in place - because of the location of this particular buffer - doesn't it prevent my slide from moving completely to the rear?

This is a big negative. At the end of the video, his slide doesn't lock back. This might be because his slide didn't travel all the way to the rear and far enough to the rear to lock back. Or maybe not.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Re: Strike Industries Shock Buffer

Post by PainKillaX » 11 Feb 2013, 01:13

That was my concern too, with the slide not traveling far enough back. Which for a pistol like the XD-S, could result in a lot of problems. Like not ejecting my friggin casing.

smpsmp

Re: Strike Industries Shock Buffer

Post by smpsmp » 11 Feb 2013, 23:59

I've never bothered with any of the buffers. The ones to really stay away from though are those complete guide rod / recoil spring recoil reducing ones. The shock buffers just wear out, and at worst cause a jam, but the others can blow out the hole where the guide rod slides through and destroy a slide.

If reducing recoil is something one wants then either add weight or download the round you're shooting. Simplest thing to do is add a light if you have a rail on the gun. Adds weight for less recoil, adds a light, and adds a stand off for a contact shot.