FNP-9 capacity

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
terrapin98k

FNP-9 capacity

Post by terrapin98k » 09 Feb 2011, 18:51

Hey guys, Im new to the forum. I am seriously looking at buying an FNP-9, so I have been looking around at the pricing. I found a few fnp-9's in the local gunshop but from the research i've done, the price they were quoting seemed outrageous, around 750 before tax and call in fee. I told the dealer that I had been checking pricing, and that I had seen them at reputable online dealers for between 450-550. He checked it out and said he is seeing the same thing, but seemed to be for the 10rd version and that the one he was selling was a high capacity version, ie more money.
To get to the point, are the 10rd version and 16 round version different, or does this just have to do with the capacity of the included magazines? I was under the belief that the 10 rd versions sold were just to meet the capacity limitations of certain states. Are the magazines interchangeable?
What thoughts do you all have?
Thank you in advance!

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: FNP-9 capacity

Post by f3rr37 » 09 Feb 2011, 21:00

Wow, that is expensive! I saw one at a local shop for $400-$450.
The 10rnd and 16rnd guns are exactly the same, it is just the magazines that are different (capacity), you can use both 10 and 16 mags. Yes, the 10 round versions are for the certain states who do not like regular capacity magazines. Yes, the mags are interchangeable, however they're not interchangeable with the new FNX-9s.

Welcome!

lazi

Post by lazi » 09 Feb 2011, 21:55

that price is way high. some places like to quote manufature retail price and pretend like that's the going price. that day is long gone. if they don't know how much other dealers are selling items for then they crappy business men.

everything said in the post above is correct. find a reputable dealer online and a local dealer to receive the firearm for you. save yourself the money you can't find somebody local willing to work with you.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 09 Feb 2011, 22:16

Hey Fuzzy, didn't Tanners have a sale of FNP's just a few months ago for like $400?

How did they go crazy and rare all of a sudden? Perhaps I'm missing something..?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

afielder45

Post by afielder45 » 10 Feb 2011, 06:52

blueorison wrote:How did they go crazy and rare all of a sudden? Perhaps I'm missing something..?
They have discontinued the higher capacity mags in the FNP's, as of sometime late 2010. They are getting to be hard to find (high capacity mag, that is).

@ terrapin98k
If you are looking for a MS gun (manual safety), make sure that you look for a FNP-9 USG model. The standard FNP-9 is just a decocker lever. The USG model is a decocker/MS lever. I screwed up and did not know this, and bought a standard model.

terrapin98k

Post by terrapin98k » 10 Feb 2011, 08:45

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I had a feeling the guy was just trying give me BS. That gun shop is known for it's high prices and the owner is a real jerk. I will take you advice and order one. I would like the usg model, but they seem more scarce than the 16rd version. Does anyone know a reputable online source with decent pricing?
I'll prob have it shipped to that shop since they do transfers for $40, maybe then they will see how much they should be charging for it.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 10 Feb 2011, 10:06

Check with some of our sponsors.
They always take care of members and I've yet to meet one that wasn't priced competitively.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 10 Feb 2011, 13:34

The FNX's have a 17 round capacity and come with a safety lever that also acts like a decocker.

Why do you especially want the FNP model?
Shoot more, worry less.

terrapin98k

Post by terrapin98k » 10 Feb 2011, 14:24

@blueorison
Price is a particular interest for me, as I have been able to locate some FNX models, but they run $60-100 more. After comparing specs, I prefer the FNP. I understand FNX have 17 round capacity and a decocker safety lever, but this is really not enough for the increase in my opinion. I understand that the FNX may have improved upon the initial design of the FNP, but it seems like it is mainly the amidextrous appointments, which I don't need being a right handed shooter.
The truth is, a friend of mine has and FNP and I really fell for it.

Any way, I did as suggested and just placed my order through Tanner's for the FNP-9 USG. $435 on the closeout through Gunbroker! I can't thank you guys enough for your help, and I can't wait to get it!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 10 Feb 2011, 15:09

Yeap, Tanner's is pretty spanktastic (am I allowed to say that? :D)

You should understand now how amazing the supporters and benefactors are on this forum.

These are a rare breed of people that are quickly getting burned out by the ignorants.

Keep encouraging them :)
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 10 Feb 2011, 15:14

afielder45 wrote:
blueorison wrote:How did they go crazy and rare all of a sudden? Perhaps I'm missing something..?
They have discontinued the higher capacity mags in the FNP's, as of sometime late 2010. They are getting to be hard to find (high capacity mag, that is).

@ terrapin98k
If you are looking for a MS gun (manual safety), make sure that you look for a FNP-9 USG model. The standard FNP-9 is just a decocker lever. The USG model is a decocker/MS lever. I screwed up and did not know this, and bought a standard model.
! I better order some more for the .40
Last edited by blueorison on 10 Feb 2011, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Let's keep it a little cleaner on the open forums :)
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 10 Feb 2011, 20:30

blueorison wrote:Hey Fuzzy, didn't Tanners have a sale of FNP's just a few months ago for like $400?

How did they go crazy and rare all of a sudden? Perhaps I'm missing something..?
Back quite a while ago... The FNP's have been discontinued.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 11 Feb 2011, 00:23

Fuzzy always ends the discussion. He either says he doesn't know or speaks absolute truth. NEVER fall into the mistake of arguing for he'll make a fool of you. We have a few here who BS, but not Fuzzy- ever.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access