Question about the safety and double action

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
birddseedd

Question about the safety and double action

Post by birddseedd » 22 Apr 2013, 06:18

I bought my fns partially because it has a manual safety. But I am a little confused about the other safeties. I know it has a safety (drop safety?) that prevents it from firing unless the trigger is pulled.

my question is how does it work with the double action. I was told something about it only being half cocked and is cocked the rest of the way when you pull the trigger? does this mean that the trigger has the same pull every time? vs a glock that has a stronger pull to cock the first pull and the rest are fully cocked? and how does the safety work with this

thank you very much. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but haven't really read anything bad about it. most say its more accurate than a glock aswell. sure is a heck of alot prettier

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Question about the safety and double action

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Apr 2013, 07:40

A description of the safeties is on FNH's webpage: http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=2 ... roduct=295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drop safety is what it says - a safety in case you drop it.
Trigger safety is part of the trigger which "prevents" firing unless the trigger is pulled.
('Prevents' means the theoretical purpose of a safety but don't ever rely on them. YOU are the real safety)

Cocked & half-cocked do not apply to striker fired guns such as the FNS9. The terms are in reference to hammer positions.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

srt-4_jon

Re: Question about the safety and double action

Post by srt-4_jon » 22 Apr 2013, 07:41

birddseedd wrote: my question is how does it work with the double action. I was told something about it only being half cocked and is cocked the rest of the way when you pull the trigger? does this mean that the trigger has the same pull every time? vs a glock that has a stronger pull to cock the first pull and the rest are fully cocked? and how does the safety work with this
That isnt how a glock works.