I just got my replacement parts today---here is the walkthrough for replacing everything. Excuse my crappy "cell phone" pics, but it was all that I had---
Okay...grab your tool kits and proceed with me on my trip to replace my broken cocking handle on my FN FS-2000. Hope this helps you guys out there in a similar situation that I found myself in!
If you have any questions, check my previous post with parts and instructions in the FN-F2000 armorer's manual that I posted above ^^^
1. Alright...you're going to need an armorer's hammer (or small hammer), a 1/8" punch, 1/16" punch, a 3/32" punch, and your allen wrenches.
2. Disassemble your FS2000 and using your allen keys, remove the 6 side plate screws and separate the slide plates. DO NOT disassemble the barrel groups or anything else.
3. Open up your FN FS2000 "Broken Cocking Handle" parts kit and you should have the following:
4. Now...take your left hand slide plate and SUPPORT IT on a hard surface. Find the broken cocking handle and identify the area where the STRAIGHT COILED PIN attached to the cocking handle guide.
5. Using the 1/8" Pin Punch, drive the pin all the way out the bottom. STOP RIGHT THERE. Leave the punch all the way through the guide and handle. Collect yourself...make sure your are in an area where you can find a spring if it goes flying through the air
Cup your hand over the assembly and remove the punch. The parts should fall out into your hand. Way to go! You've survived to this point, none worse for the wear!
6. This is your COCKING HANDLE GUIDE. This is important...so hold onto it for later.
7. Now we're going to concentrate upon building the COCKING HANDLE ASSEMBLY. I DID NOT include the COCKING HANDLE SPRING (more on that later---just stick with me). You should have these parts:
8a. Now, take the two SLIDE RETURN PLATE SPRINGS and place them into their little slots in the COCKING HANDLE.
8b. They should drop right in....with one of the ends of the spring protruding from the back of the COCKING HANDLE. It should be the same on both sides when both springs are dropped into place:
9. Now the tricky part. Take the SLIDE RETURN PLATE and slide it down inside the COCKING HANDLE. Slide it down half-way, until you can wedge the legs of the two springs into the notches halfway down the plate. Once this is done, I put a punch through the cocking handle to straighten out the spring "eyes" and lined it up with the hole in the cocking handle. NOW...HOLD THE WHOLE DAMN THING TOGETHER--TIGHTLY.
10. Now...using your THIRD ARM (lol), drive the small, STRAIGHT PIN through the front of the cocking handle. This will hold the whole, damned mess together!
11. You should now have a completely assembled COCKING LEVER ASSEMBLY. Now comes the fun part...attaching it to the COCKING LEVER GUIDE.
12. Next...go ahead and put the COCKING LEVER GUIDE on the INSIDE of the LEFT SLIDE PLATE. Note the location of the hole in the COCKING LEVER GUIDE (in YELLOW). BE CAREFUL.
13. If you ARE NOT CAREFUL, you will reverse the direction of the COCKING LEVER GUIDE and you'll have to start ALL OVER AGAIN if you screw up. Make sure that if you're looking down the side plate on the inside of the SIDE PLATE, that the SLIDE PLATE GUIDE looks like a "cup"---not a "flattened end" with a hole in it.
13. Remember the COCKING LEVER SPRING I talked to you about earlier? Go ahead and put it into place into the little channel behind the SLIDE RETURN PLATE (inside the COCKING LEVER ASSEMBLY).
14. Now the TRULY FUN PART! Carefully bring the COCKING HANDLE ASSEMBLY to the COCKING HANDLE GUIDE. Situate the COCKING HANDLE ASSEMBLY onto the COCKING HANDLE GUIDE and ensure that the COCKING HANDLE ASSEMBLY SPRING fits onto the "nipple" of the COCKING HANDLE GUIDE. Then simply drive the COILED STRAIGHT PIN into the hole in the COCKING HANDLE ASSEMBLY, thusly mating it to the COCKING HANDLE GUIDE.
15. HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!
Now...just simply press your SIDE PLATES together, replace the Allen screws and your back in business!