New Member Introduction

General discussion.
jmz5
Site Admin

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by jmz5 » 22 Sep 2008, 04:39

CDAT wrote:New member got my 5.7 in FL back in 2005 when at EOD school, got a PS 90 last year, just found out about this site yesterday from a link from different site, had no idea that Elite ammunition even was around, hope to get some from them when I get home from Iraq.
Welcome!
كاف

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 22 Sep 2008, 07:49

hello all, i am john and i am 25. i have been shooting since i was about 3 and got my first gun (winchester model 94 30-30) when i was 7. i found this site from a friend that was looking for a ps90 which got me looking at them and also the five-seven. i did some searching online and found the "uneducated" people talking trash, so i got discouraged a bit. he found this site after i found the EA site and found the pretty interesting loads they have. he showed me this site and that confirmed my want of the five-seven. the next gun show about a week later i picked one up. i have not gotten to fire it yet, but i feel i will love it. everyone i show seems very interested in it, and yes there are still several no believers out there among my friends. my one friend is a cop and just laughed at the round when i showed him, so them he pulled a .40 out of his issue gun (which he ONLY carries on duty and never carries a gun at all off duty), his remark "now this has stopping power, that is a toy". i then took a .45 out of my XD that was on my hip and then a .357 out of my snubbie that was in my pocket...i told him he should learn to respect the small and fast bullets, especially being a cop. i showed him this site and some of the ballistic results and he was in shock lol.

P-40

Post by P-40 » 22 Sep 2008, 12:16

Hi,
my name is Gavin an im a new to the handgun carrying community. I wanted to save up since i was 16 to get a FiveseveN but finally i turned 18 the age in indiana in which u can carry/own but not purchase a hand gun. I had been saving but got into 45's so my first buy was an RIA 1911 an i love it to death. shortly after buying the 1911 i herd about the FNP's an started to look into them but could not find out locally. So i went to the 1500 gun show down in indianapolis an picked up a FNP-40 for $416. i was used an has been treated well but does have some wear on the slide. When i first shot the gun i absolutely hated it. But now im trying to get use to the pistol an have gotten a fobus holster so now so i become even more sue to it, it will be my carry weapon.

i joined the forums 1 week ago

And im am back to my pursuit to find a 5.7x28mm pistol.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 22 Sep 2008, 13:07

Hi,

My Name's Steve and I'm a 5.7x28mm FaN...

I came across FN's nifty little cartridge while looking for something with many of the advantages of .22LR (light recoil, high potential capacity, quiet w/ a can.) that also addressed some serious deficiencies in the .22LR (rimfire, banana magazines, terminal ballistics.) At the time everything about the cartridge and guns that fired it was out of reach, so I kept looking.

On 04/04/04 I was at a gun show. It was 10 minutes to closing and I was walking past the very last booth tucked in the farthest corner of the show. I spotted a distinctly curved trigger guard in a display case and did a double-take.
Me: Is that a Five-seveN
Delaer: Yep, the individual officer's model.
Me: Cool! Can I fingle it?
Dealer: Sure.
Me: Aren't these restricted?
Dealer: Sort of. ATF has approved that model for sale to individuals. The magazines are AWB compliant.
Me: Got ammo?
Dealer: How much do you need? We have several cases.
Me: You take plastic?
Dealer: Yep.
Me: (Looking at the clock) I'll take it. And 500 rounds. And your card.
<Paperwork>
<Phone call to NICS>
<Me Fidgeting, wondering if this is a huge mistake>
Dealer: OK, You're good to go.
<Credit card stuff>
<Shock>

That was many moons (and thousands of dollars) ago. I've since added a USG, a Tactical, and a DAO to the collection, along with a PS90 and a PS90TR - and I've ventured into the NFA world with the GemTech SFN-57.

This forum is my electronic "home." I've come to call many of the other posters here my friends. I wound up here, by invitation from DML5. He'd noticed a blog that I was keeping and thought that I'd be interested. Understatement.

Last words: Yes, it's OK if you still like your .45 (or 9mm or 5.56 or 7.62 or whatever.) Most of the people here like the system for what it is, but won't try to "convert" you based on mis-statements about what it is.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

EARS

Post by EARS » 22 Sep 2008, 14:33

A gun show attending dream come true.

tejohnson
custom title: a nobody

Post by tejohnson » 22 Sep 2008, 14:48

Howdy,

My name is Todd. I am becoming more of a fan of firearms from FNH about every day.

Being from West Virginia, I grew up around an arsenal as a kid. Recently I have become more fond of plinking at the range and picking up pistols (preference towards Springfield), and other interesting firearms that are not typical hunting rifles you see around the WV hillsides.

So one day I was in DC walking from the Treasury CIO's office on Pennsylvania Ave to snag some lunch at Old Ebbit Grill. As I walked in front of the White House, I noticed a non uniformed USSS employee sporting a very interesting bullpup, thinking "now that is interesting". Then, when (don't laugh) Call of Duty 4 came out, I immediately recognized the rifle and put a name to it.

Then came this site (well, the old one) by way of Google, and an awesome deal from Tanner's on a PS90, which saved me a few hundred from buying from CDNN.

Stepping into NFA territory, (which I had planned from the start as my first post was where to buy a PS90 non-barreled PS90 receiver) I have a barreled receiver waiting at TROS, and my SWR Spectre is sitting in a Class-III dealer's safe while I wait on BATFE approvals & transfer paperwork.

Now I am throwing cash around for reloading equipment & supplies, which I though was supposed to help save in ammo costs. I am also working on building a benchtop CNC machine which will be powered by Linux.

As if you have not figured it out yet, I am a computer geek for the government.

DeadEye

Post by DeadEye » 25 Sep 2008, 15:43

Greetings All,
Just got a PS90 and was searching the net for info on accessories and ended up here.
My boss gave me the FN bug and now I need a raise to buy ammo. :thumb:
I need time-off to go shooting to. :guns:

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 25 Sep 2008, 15:50

Welcome. :cya:
كاف

heavyd

Post by heavyd » 26 Sep 2008, 19:07

Hi everyone. I am new to this community by a couple weeks. I was raised with guns as my father was a collector but i havent touched a gun in 20 years. I just started again and i was so intrigued by this gun when i saw it in a store, I had to get it. I was looking for feedback before purchasing and i found this sight. Great to be here.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 26 Sep 2008, 19:14

Welcome, heavyd! And welcome back to the sport, too.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 26 Sep 2008, 20:07

No worries heavy. It's like riding a bike. It will come back to ya in no time! :thumb:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 26 Sep 2008, 22:25

heavyd wrote:Hi everyone. I am new to this community by a couple weeks. I was raised with guns as my father was a collector but i havent touched a gun in 20 years. I just started again and i was so intrigued by this gun when i saw it in a store, I had to get it. I was looking for feedback before purchasing and i found this sight. Great to be here.
Outstanding. That's the kind of thing I like to hear. Be sure to let us know what you think. It's great when people approach it with an open mind for what it is instead of dismissing it completely because they are misinformed or just plain ignorant. *Cough* Sniper Central *Cough*
Embrace the Suck

heavyd

Post by heavyd » 27 Sep 2008, 07:02

i definitely got fired up after getting this gun. my next investment is the laser. one thing i did realize is that i am not as good of a shot as i used to be. ( or i thought i was better than i really was :)). i just submitted for my free boxes of ammo from fnhusa, so i am looking forward to that.

EARS

Post by EARS » 27 Sep 2008, 07:36

The difference in your shooting ability may be the gun. I was used to shooting a 45 all the time. The first couple of times out, my groups were not that great. Then I caught myself antisipated(sp?) the recoil. When I stopped that, gained the control on my USG and had my groups back. Congrats to the forum and your new purchase.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 27 Sep 2008, 07:44

Yes, you'll definitely find that this weapon shoots differently than others. Recoild anticipation seems to get a lot of people. They expect the weapon to kick a lot harder because of the size of the cartridge but once you've fired it, you realize that the recoil is next to nothing.
My wife is dead on with mine simply because she isn't used to larger caliber weapons.
Give yourself a little adjusting time and you'll be just fine. :thumb:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 27 Sep 2008, 07:54

welcome
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

rotorblade

Post by rotorblade » 27 Sep 2008, 09:51

Hi I'm rotorblade I was on the previous forum for a long time even before the PS90 came out. When I heard about the PS90 Coming out I Knew I was gonna get one and August of 2006 I got one. It has been a joy ever since. Never really cared for the Pistol though I really wanted to get one to go with the PS90. But alas I have too much Muscle memory, mags, spare parts, time, and money in 9mm Glocks to really care for it. But the PS90 OHHH BOYY, YEAH. I sold rifles and other stuff only holding on to my Glocks to get this rifle.

Funny thing I have to set aside 20 min and a extra mag for all the gawkers and people who want to shoot it when I show up at the range with it. It gets lots of ohs and ahs.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 27 Sep 2008, 16:54

Welcome back! Even though you were around before me!
Embrace the Suck

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 27 Sep 2008, 18:17

Welcome back Rotorblade :D

Love the name, BTW

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 28 Sep 2008, 06:01

You would Wolly. :D
كاف