New Member Introduction

General discussion.
Brewerbob

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Brewerbob » 27 Nov 2012, 09:52

Brewerbob wrote: Thought of another question tho. Will the Gemtech shown also work with the FN57? I checked the Gemtech website and they only list a suppressor for the FN57 and not the AR57. I'm guessing they are one and the same?
Guess I need to do a little more looking...

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SAR57-4p49.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note: May not be used on the FN 5-7 pistol or P90 subgun. Suppressor is shown as mounted on the AR57 upper, not included.

Can anyone explain this to me; why can it be used on the AR57 but not on the FN57? This makes no sense to me.

Santagata

Beginner's help

Post by Santagata » 06 Dec 2012, 14:47

I'm new to the gun thing! I want to get a FN Five-seveN USG ODG one! See this will be my first and last gun. I'm plan on get new! I have some basic questions i think!
1) is this a good beginner's gun?
2) easy to tear down and clean?
3) how hard to find this version (USG ODG)?
4) what sights are on the USG FDE? (Just shooting at ranges)
5) what include in with a "new" gun?
6) what the MSP on one?
7) how I can an FN dealer in CT?
8) any information about ammo cause the ammo thread is confusing me! (Factory ammo? SSsomething)
9) anything else helpful advise or answers

I pick this version due on the looks of gun! The stopping power and low recoil! And also due to video game guns which has the FN Five-seveN! I already did the google and yahoo research! Plus i have 2 cops and 1 CO in the family! As the big brother I want the most powerful gun!!
Last edited by Santagata on 06 Dec 2012, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 06 Dec 2012, 15:21

It is a good beginners gun but be advised, it is very light & easy to pull off target. Do not get flustered, just keep practicing. Also, given the current state of ammunition, you might want to check on ammo availability before purchasing.

Yes, it is easy to disassemble for cleaning.

ODG has been discontinued by FN so it is rather hard to find any more.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 06 Dec 2012, 16:01

Is the USG FDE still in production?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 07 Dec 2012, 23:11

Santagata wrote:Is the USG FDE still in production?
Yes.

Forum, you are welcomed to.

Google, you must find.

Use, you must.

Why am I talking like this.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: Beginner's help

Post by blueorison » 07 Dec 2012, 23:20

I'm new to the gun thing! I want to get a FN Five-seveN USG ODG one! See this will be my first and last gun. I'm plan on get new! I have some basic questions i think!

Yeah.... so basic Google would work, but because I give you love, here is the answers in .02 format.

1) is this a good beginner's gun? No. Yes. Depends how much you suck at shooting.

w/index.php?title=FiveseveN#Accuracy:_D ... ccurate.3F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2) easy to tear down and clean? Yes. You really never have to clean it. It shoots very cleanly. Doesn't get dirty, for some reason. The powders they use must be made of fairy dust.

3) how hard to find this version (USG ODG)? Somewhat hard, give it time. They are still out there, you just have to find them.

4) what sights are on the USG FDE? (Just shooting at ranges) Both fixed and adjustable.

5) what include in with a "new" gun? Medallion and carrot which will give you +5 newbie accuracy at the range. But only on paper targets. And that's the carrot. The Medallion is for turning in at the end of your ques...

oh. 3 Magazines, instruction manual, firearm, plastic case, lock, fired shell casing, mfg's warranty.

6) what the MSP on one?
I don't know what an MSP is, but it costs around $1050. Order your FsN from one of our sponsors; probably A&A. Owner is Charles. He is legit.

7) how I can an FN dealer in CT? I am not sure what English is, but this isn't.

8) any information about ammo cause the ammo thread is confusing me! (Factory ammo? SSsomething)

Yes. Ammo+gun=PEWPEW.

9) anything else helpful advise or answers

Google. Clearer questions so I can answer them more precisely.

I hope you enjoyed my humor and was not enraged by it. I meant to offense :) Let me know if you have any other questions. You can PM me after checking the Forum WIKI and using the search. I am more than willing to help you, and I promise not to be as sarcastic! :)

"I pick this version due on the looks of gun! The stopping power and low recoil! And also due to video game guns which has the FN Five-seveN! I already did the google and yahoo research! Plus i have 2 cops and 1 CO in the family! As the big brother I want the most powerful gun!!"

Um.... ok cool. There is no such thing as stopping power, sorry to crash your airplane.

I am not into the whole video game gun thing or "looks" of a gun, and am into the more "function and practical use", but I can empathize, and more power to you if you want to buy one for those reasons.
Shoot more, worry less.

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 08 Dec 2012, 01:31

Be mad about what? I hate the google, yahoo, and the wiki! Very different answers to one question!

nickyill

New Member in Dayton, OH

Post by nickyill » 20 Dec 2012, 13:46

....been looking at nabbing a 57 for ages, it's my first handgun...fired 9mm and 45 handguns and AR-15's, looking forward to firing this as well - if I could only find some ammo! Not looking to collect a ton of pistols, wanted to buy something that I'd be happy to see every time I opened the case and headed to the range. Picked up Flat Dark Earth with fixed sights model, would like to add a P90 as well at some point....Hope to learn more here!

Savage99F

Post by Savage99F » 31 Dec 2012, 15:26

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker here for several months and decided it would be good to register. Purchased a PS90 back in mid November. Have put only a hundred rounds through it but I sure do like it! Topped it off with a EOTech xms2-0. Have some extra mags coming. Made a brass catcher for it. Hmmm, what else do I need?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 31 Dec 2012, 15:52

Optic, extra mags, brass catcher... Sounds like you're pretty well set unless you need reloading advice (check reloading section of the forum for that). Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 31 Dec 2012, 15:54

Savage99F wrote:Hello everyone! I've been a lurker here for several months and decided it would be good to register. Purchased a PS90 back in mid November. Have put only a hundred rounds through it but I sure do like it! Topped it off with a EOTech xms2-0. Have some extra mags coming. Made a brass catcher for it. Hmmm, what else do I need?
Don't need anything, you sound like you know your stuff. If you really want, you can get a mag coupler. I wouldn't recommend it. Or SBR it and suppress it.

Get out there, train, practice, be fluent with your platform, and have fun :)
Shoot more, worry less.

bruger

Post by bruger » 01 Jan 2013, 16:10

I have been involved in collecting and shooting for many years and love to reload almost all of the rounds that I shoot. I find it very challenging to shoot at distance with handguns not originally designed to shoot large distances. This is where I find my Five Seven particularly adept at performing. I regularly shoot it on the rife range at 100 yards with either the factory or custom ammo. At closer ranges I enjoy hitting the same point.

I get strange looks with a pistol on the rifle range but, find it a challenge. Do many people do the same? I am the only one on my range doing this.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 01 Jan 2013, 17:43

Blue's a long range pistol shooter & while I may shoot pistols at long ranges - I can't hit a smeggin thing :laugh:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 01 Jan 2013, 17:50

Welcome to the forum, bruger :)

I enjoy shooting pistol, too. I shoot Glocks at 100yds in 3Gun competitions.
Shoot more, worry less.

clocker

Post by clocker » 03 Jan 2013, 11:44

Hi folks,
I've been reading this forum as a guest for quite a while and finally decided to sign up :) It all started when a friend introduced me to that darned Five-seveN last year. Feeding that thing has not been easy (or cheap), so I turned to reloading. Thanks to the case gauge from EA and some pointers from the forum, I can afford to spend more time on the range. Anyways, looked like a good group of people here so I'm looking forward to learning more.

blair

Post by blair » 06 Jan 2013, 06:02

Hello All:

Thank you for all the terrific info ! I've spent quite a bit of time reading through the posts - and utilitzing the search function -...lol.

I look forward to the learning curve and my continued study of this awesome platform.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 06 Jan 2013, 09:56

blair wrote:Hello All:

Thank you for all the terrific info ! I've spent quite a bit of time reading through the posts - and utilitzing the search function -...lol.

I look forward to the learning curve and my continued study of this awesome platform.
WHAT?! YOU USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION?!!!

INSANNNEEEEEEEEE

Welcome, :)
Shoot more, worry less.

blair

Post by blair » 06 Jan 2013, 10:02

Just for you, Blue............. :D

Nine

Newbie here

Post by Nine » 10 Jan 2013, 19:26

New to the site and just wanted to say hey to everyone. Bought a 5.7 earlier this month, and as you all know ammo is noware to be found. Sucks, can't even test fire my damn gun. I'm hearing April for supplies to come in.....what's the word here?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: Newbie here

Post by blueorison » 10 Jan 2013, 20:41

Nine wrote:New to the site and just wanted to say hey to everyone. Bought a 5.7 earlier this month, and as you all know ammo is noware to be found. Sucks, can't even test fire my damn gun. I'm hearing April for supplies to come in.....what's the word here?
Same story, different person.

Welcome to the forum :)

Check out the Wiki up there, there's a lot of good info.

As for the ammo, there are still sources at certain LGS. Search for the ammo thread; people who source it post on it daily.
Shoot more, worry less.

ROCKETW19

Re: Newbie here

Post by ROCKETW19 » 10 Jan 2013, 21:16

blueorison wrote:
Nine wrote:New to the site and just wanted to say hey to everyone. Bought a 5.7 earlier this month, and as you all know ammo is noware to be found. Sucks, can't even test fire my damn gun. I'm hearing April for supplies to come in.....what's the word here?
Same story, different person.
same story? that is the first time I ever hear April? I am new here also but I have not read anything about that yet?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 10 Jan 2013, 21:44

I think it's along the lines of "it's coming, just wait longer" same story. That story is common.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 10 Jan 2013, 22:31

Inside sources tell me that a batch is coming this month.

Go talk to your LGS to call you instantly if they get any, and report in.
Shoot more, worry less.

FLY-IN

Post by FLY-IN » 13 Jan 2013, 21:57

I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Jan 2013, 23:45

FLY-IN wrote:I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN
Welcome. Your words are heard, and put to thought.

I'll pray for your wife. God bless your family. Great work with honing your skill and being the antithesis of blue falcons.
Shoot more, worry less.

Virginian
custom title: Thread Necromancer

Post by Virginian » 14 Jan 2013, 07:51

FLY-IN,

Welcome and thoughts and prayers sent from VA.

Eric

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 14 Jan 2013, 08:29

FLY-IN wrote:I'm brand new to the Five seveN. In fact I'm still shopping for one. My priority is it's big brother the PS90 first then the pistol. Although I'm new to this cartridge, I'm a long time shooter, long time loader. I remember the last time I qualified with my M-16 I put 10 rounds in my Navigators target so he could get his Marksmanship Ribbon. There was quite a quandry when the range officer counted 61 holes in his target when he only had 60 rounds to fire. Like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies, "I can shoot a gnat off a pot a' grits in a deep fog a 300 feet". Well, I can shoot a jack rabbit on the run with a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum. And I had a special load with a 125gr soft nose bullet that I used with 38 spcl brass in my 357 to shoot chipmunks on the run. I didn't do that too often cause I thought them critters were kinda cute. Now I need personal protection. Someone stole my 9mm during our move and I saw the PS90 demo in "Close Combat Weapons Competition" and thought this is a great carbine for home pertection and the sister pistol will due nicely when I'm out on business. The lure of your site was for reloading advise; as in what is optimal for both weapons. I'm a retired disabled Vietnam Vet. I have a son that is making the Army a career and he is a hunter and a shooter as well. My Bride of 41½ years is currently under treatment for gallbladder cancer. Her outlook is very hopeful. If you are spiritual, your prayers for her (Joyce) would be appreciated. I look forward to many friendships in this forum. Warmest regards, FLY-IN
Welcome FLY-IN,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a year or so now, a member for 6 months, and only picked up my 5.7 last week. Like you, I want a PS 90 as well. I want my space gun to join my FN collection as well as a few other FN products. I have been wanting a 5.7 for over a year now and finally found one for a reasonable price. It grew on me the first time I fired it and when they say you can't stop grinning, it's the truth.

Next, thank you and your son for your service to our country. I'm a Gulf War Era vet ( never deployed, but served from 92-99 in the ARMY ). I'm disabled because of my service as well. I will also keep your wife in my prayers.

Mike.

FLY-IN

Post by FLY-IN » 14 Jan 2013, 11:39

I'm humbled and grateful for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. And I too am very proud of all you who have worn the uniform of our armed services. We are truly the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE.
Warmest regards,
FLY-IN.

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 14 Jan 2013, 12:09

FLY-IN wrote:I'm humbled and grateful for your thoughts and prayers for my wife. And I too am very proud of all you who have worn the uniform of our armed services. We are truly the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE.
Warmest regards,
FLY-IN.
welcome fly , you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts.

mclarengts

New Guy

Post by mclarengts » 17 Jan 2013, 05:46

Hello guys Im new here, I just bought my FiveseveN yesterday! i love it, ill be here reading and learning all I can learn..

NLVMike

Re: New Guy

Post by NLVMike » 17 Jan 2013, 06:02

Welcome, enjoy the gun and the forum :)

mclarengts

Re: New Guy

Post by mclarengts » 17 Jan 2013, 06:08

thanks!

pmakki

Post by pmakki » 21 Jan 2013, 11:13

Hello everybody. This is my first post on this forum. Joined a few days ago. Currently own a PS90 and 5.7. Great pieces. Want more. Anyway, the FiveseveN forum looks like the site to be in. There is definitely a wealth of knowledge here. I am from St. Louis. Mo. I enjoy the great interaction viewed here. I know there is a lot to learn and hope to sponge it all up. The FiveseveN was recently purchased with adj. sights and 3 20 rd mags and 1 30. Adjustable sights. Used, but like new. Bought the PS90 a few yrs back. Also used, but like new. Love them both. Again, Hello Everybody. Time for me to read on.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Jan 2013, 13:01

Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum! You're following the same order I did :laugh: PS90 first then the FsN.
I only bought the FsN because of these bozos, but they were right :laugh:

pmakki

Post by pmakki » 21 Jan 2013, 13:16

Followed your footsteps yes? Hope you didn't trip. Been doing a lot of reading today, good info. Ordered threaded barrel from EA. Looks like a long wait, but in no rush. Thanks for acknowledging me.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 21 Jan 2013, 16:49

Welcome to the party. You'll get to sponge something up, but maybe not what you expected :laugh:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Jan 2013, 17:44

pmakki wrote:Followed your footsteps yes? Hope you didn't trip. Been doing a lot of reading today, good info. Ordered threaded barrel from EA. Looks like a long wait, but in no rush. Thanks for acknowledging me.
Oh I've stumbled before, but it wasn't on my decision to buy the PS90 or FsN :D Haven't regretted buying either platform :thumb:

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 21 Jan 2013, 17:59

Welcome to the forum.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 23 Jan 2013, 22:34

Welcome, guys!

The forum WIKI on the banner is quite helpful with FsN FAQs, etc.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll do my best to help ya'll out :)
Shoot more, worry less.

watkykjy
custom title: he sees you.

Post by watkykjy » 01 Feb 2013, 06:26

Hi guys,

I'll be breaking the seal on my FDE USG tomorrow and thought I'd better get registered to have some insight into these guns. I recently purchased my USG at normal price from a friend who was wise enough to buy a few before they became... expensive. Hopefully I can find some ammunition for it! I plan to carry this pistol every day and look forward to adding it to my collection. I am a lifelong Glock shooter and this Belgian will be right at home with the rest!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 01 Feb 2013, 13:08

watkykjy wrote:Hi guys,

I'll be breaking the seal on my FDE USG tomorrow and thought I'd better get registered to have some insight into these guns. I recently purchased my USG at normal price from a friend who was wise enough to buy a few before they became... expensive. Hopefully I can find some ammunition for it! I plan to carry this pistol every day and look forward to adding it to my collection. I am a lifelong Glock shooter and this Belgian will be right at home with the rest!
Welcome to the forum!

Great first post! Don't forget to take the sticker off the slide cover! :)
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 01 Feb 2013, 15:29

Welcome aboard.

Bricktop

Post by Bricktop » 01 Feb 2013, 16:33

Greetings - I was a member here some time ago, but I lost track.

I once had a Five seveN, and I mistakenly sold it. I am looking to get another, but they are hard to find right now.

I still have my FNP9, FNP45, and Hi Power.

I look forward to getting re-connected, and I appreciate the updates on the 5.7 on the board here and of course, any help in locating one!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 01 Feb 2013, 18:53

Welcome back Bricktop.

How dare you sell your FsN & keep a Hi Power. That's blasphemy! :p

oldiron1

Newbie! New-to-Me Five Seven! (Pic)

Post by oldiron1 » 03 Feb 2013, 20:35

Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to the forum although I've been lurking for a while as I'm new to the world of Five Sevens and am really glad to have finally been able to joint the "club" as of recently! I've always been a handgun guy and love my FNP-9. A good friend of mine bought a Five Seven a couple of years ago, which was my first introduction to the model which I loved right away, but for the longest time, just couldn't justify the price tag to myself. (of course that was prior to the price hike in the past couple of months) Price is certainly relative.....and of course once I realized that I couldn't find one any longer, I only wanted one even more!

Besides my buddy's, I have only known of one other local, which belongs to an FFL friend that I figured would never sell it. I went to a gun show a couple of weeks ago and ran into my FFL friend with a table there and saw the Five Seven USG as he said he sold it that morning and I also learned that I should never ask questions that I don't want to know the answer to, when he said he sold it for $1,250. Needless to say, it was a long car ride home knowing a reasonably priced one was under my nose this whole time and I didn't even realize it.

Last week Thursday, he called and asked if I was serious about wanting it as the guy he sold it to at the show can't pass a background check he found and it was mine for the same price if I wanted it....that phone call had made my week! I signed the papers on it yesterday and will be picking it up tomorrow. What made it even better for me though, was finding out that it is still brand new, unfired! He even had 250rds of 197 ammo that he offered to sell me reasonably. (Is there a way to determine how old the pistol is/when it was manufactured?)

Now, I'm obsessed with learning about my new pistol and doing as much research as I can while spending more time here on the forum! (I'm super excited if you can't tell.)

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 03 Feb 2013, 20:56

Welcome, congratulations, and yes, 1250 is very reasonable. 1200$ was standard, in the past. Our forum sponsors had it for 1050$.

It's rather simple. Check the date on your fired casing. haha.
Shoot more, worry less.

dohie175

Post by dohie175 » 06 Feb 2013, 23:22

Hi,

New to the forums and just picked up a five seven after lusting for this gun for a long time. Several months ago our local range had one for rent and it was my first time to shoot one after wanting one for awhile. I was hooked, soon my buddy picked one up and I have been trying to hunt one down only to see the prices continue to go up. Decided to pull the trigger and join the club.

Look forward to learning more!

Pahitman

Post by Pahitman » 09 Feb 2013, 16:07

Hi guys,

New to the forum. I manage a gun shop in Pa. I've been reading for awhile and decided to join the forum. I've reloaded for years but never for the Five Seven (never had to) but now I'm gonna start.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 09 Feb 2013, 20:16

Great to see you all. This is nice place to learn a thing or two, and meet a few grammar Nazi's :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 09 Feb 2013, 20:41

NLVMike wrote:Great to see you all. This is nice place to learn a thing or two, and meet a few grammar Nazi's :)

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 09 Feb 2013, 21:11

NLVMike wrote:Great to see you all. This is nice place to learn a thing or two, and meet a few grammar Nazi's people who write literately, because they take pride in meaning what they say, and saying what they mean. :)
FIFY :thumb: :laugh:
Shoot more, worry less.

rzrbck

New Member with his First 5.7!!! FINALLY!

Post by rzrbck » 21 Feb 2013, 19:22

I have wanted one for a long time and finally got one at a very decent price! Looking forward to reading up on this forum for ideas! Came with 5 mags and 300 rds. Perfect starter package!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Feb 2013, 19:29

Almost perfect starter package - you need at least another 1000 rounds :laugh:

Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum!

henvanvo

Post by henvanvo » 24 Feb 2013, 00:24

Hi all happy to join

SandmanV12

Post by SandmanV12 » 27 Feb 2013, 19:48

Hello guys, new to the site and can't believe it took me this long to check to see if there was a FiveseveN site out there. :wall:

whitey

Post by whitey » 05 Mar 2013, 16:36

Hello Everyone, I've been lurking for awhile on fivesevenforum, finally decided I had better get with the program. I'm retired and able to follow up on some interests like guns/shooting. Yes, CA is the worst for guns. I would move but my roots are here. I was looking through some gun magazines, saw the FN 5.7 pistol, researched x 100 and finally bought one. I've been accumulating gear and ammo. Next I plan to take a course or three in gun safety and marksmanship. I shot targets as a kid with my dad but nothing since. I'm online a lot so I look at several forums. I always end up at this one because it has friendly people and accurate, thorough information.

Oh, the tragedy in CT and the subsequent talk of gun control for some reason reallygot to me. I already had the pistol but I joined the NRA (I'm usually not much of a joiner) and I'm taking a bigger interest in the issue. "Oh we don't want to take your guns away, we just want to (fill in the blank). I say yes you do want to take my gun. That is exactly what you want to do.

I must say that almost every person I have come into contact with about guns i.e. people selling me my FN 5.7, the FFL that handled the buy, online ammo sellers, etc. have the nicest, most friendly, helpful folks you could hope to run into.

See you around.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 05 Mar 2013, 17:27

whitey wrote:Hello Everyone, I've been lurking for awhile on fivesevenforum, finally decided I had better get with the program. I'm retired and able to follow up on some interests like guns/shooting. Yes, CA is the worst for guns. I would move but my roots are here. I was looking through some gun magazines, saw the FN 5.7 pistol, researched x 100 and finally bought one. I've been accumulating gear and ammo. Next I plan to take a course or three in gun safety and marksmanship. I shot targets as a kid with my dad but nothing since. I'm online a lot so I look at several forums. I always end up at this one because it has friendly people and accurate, thorough information.

Oh, the tragedy in CT and the subsequent talk of gun control for some reason reallygot to me. I already had the pistol but I joined the NRA (I'm usually not much of a joiner) and I'm taking a bigger interest in the issue. "Oh we don't want to take your guns away, we just want to (fill in the blank). I say yes you do want to take my gun. That is exactly what you want to do.

I must say that almost every person I have come into contact with about guns i.e. people selling me my FN 5.7, the FFL that handled the buy, online ammo sellers, etc. have the nicest, most friendly, helpful folks you could hope to run into.

See you around.
Nice having you. I feel for you being in CA, as I spent most of my life in N.Y. Use the search function for any questions you may have and if you don't find an answer that way, just ask and we will do our best to answer you.

Beecher Tool

Post by Beecher Tool » 20 Mar 2013, 16:45

Well....this could be interesting.....having lurked here for a bit...I thought I would give it a try....I already see a significant number of regulars I know from "the other FN Forum"......its been an interesting journey, and from reading posts..I am merely the latest casualty in a long line. Going to take this nice and easy....I feel like I have just finished having a "forum enema" administered...mostly lurking for no.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Mar 2013, 20:57

Welcome to the forum and as per the norm you will now start collecting a paycheck from me/EA to say nice things about EA. :D

Just joking only half the forum is on my payroll.............................................

Anyway welcome to the forum.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

kmiles

Post by kmiles » 29 Mar 2013, 07:09

Hello my name is Ken. I have been lurking here for a about a year since I acquired my FsN, then FNAR, then FNX9 and now SCAR 16 (I do not see it as a problem), but figured that I would join now so that I could add my insights to the forum. I have been reloading for the FsN for the last 6 months or so, and the information in that section have helped with where to start with some loads. I now have 6 "different" bullets that I use for various loads that I have worked up. I also load for the FNAR and the FNX. If things continue the way they are going, I will be picking up a set of 5.56 dies real soon.

Cwc

Post by Cwc » 29 Mar 2013, 18:11

Welcome to the forum Ken. I started in the opposite order as you. I perfected some really good loads for the 5.56 and then started experimenting with the 5.7. The reloading section has a wealth of knowledge.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 29 Mar 2013, 19:58

Great to see some new names here. I look forward to what you have to offer. Not as many posts about shooting lately, with this little ammo shortage we are going through. This too, shall pass.

Some pretty good amateur comedians here too. Welcome aboard.

Lomotil
custom title: Resident Pacaholic

Hiya guys!

Post by Lomotil » 17 May 2013, 16:56

Hello there, I suppose I should've made my first post here, as my one reply to an existing thread, and subsequent new topic are awaiting approval from a moderator before going live.

There's a funny story that I always have to share whenever the Five-seveN (or F2F transactions) comes up in discussion, and in my formal introduction, I feel it only proper to share it with you fine folks.

I stumbled upon a rather amazing deal on my pistol via an online marketplace site. It turned out that I was in a relatively close proximity to the seller, and we exchanged a few emails about the possibility of meeting in person to avoid the added expense of shipping and FFL fees. After I produced a link to the actual government literature that silenced his concerns about the legality of such a transaction, we agreed on a price, and a meeting was to follow.

I end up meeting this fellow in his downtown corner office, several floors up, and with a great view of his city. Now, on my way into the building, I had asked the fellow at the security booth (which I had to pass) where the water fountain was, and he gave me directions - running late, I told the fellow that I'd have to hit it on my way out. The importance of this event will become clear in a few moments. The seller and I had a nice chat about firearms in general, the reason he also had a 50 cal up for sale on the same site (the muzzle brakes would blow off the screens on either side of his booth at the shooting range,) and the Second Amendment. It was quite an enjoyable visit, and coincidentally, the least amount of money I've had to spend while talking to any attorney, much less an actual partner in his law firm.

At the end of our visit, the pistol (in like-new condition, complete with all three magazines and all the original accessories in the original case) easily fit into the briefcase that I had brought with me. The 1,400 rounds of ammo (in the original shipping box,) and the hard-molded custom holster, obviously did not fit.

The gravity of my situation wouldn't dawn on me until shortly after I entered the elevator to leave.

The doors opened, and there were 4-5 suits in the elevator on their way down, engaged in a conversation. I enter, turn my back toward them, briefcase in left hand, and a box that plainly stated it was housing 2,000 rounds of ammunition under my right arm.

I was still ignorant at that point. But then, I started to notice that the elevator got very quiet, and the last words spoken were repeated three times, as if someone was in the middle of a story, got distracted, and their mouth was still trying to tell the story.

Then it dawned on me.

I live in a border state, I had a pistol with a very well-known reputation on my person, and a ton of ammo under my arm to feed it. And I'm heading down toward the ground level of a major national bank building (in the CENTER of a VERY Liberal city.) If that weren't enough, I still have to pass by that same security booth on my way out, and might possibly need an excuse for not wanting to visit the water fountain on the other side of the 15-some-odd bank tellers.

Longest elevator ride of my life. Probably for the suits behind me, too. Heh, thinking back, I hope at least one of them was thankful he was wearing black that day.

I shot outta that elevator with a rather rushed pace, smiled and thanked the fellow at the security booth (of which there were three by then,) and swiftly left through the exit. Got to my car, let out a sigh of relief, then bolted out of the parking garage faster than $hit through a goose.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 18 May 2013, 03:44

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the funny story.

I probably would have gotten myself into some serious trouble because I typically tend to capitalize on those situations by doing something... provocative. In this case, once I noticed that the suits became silent, I probably would have silently stared at them with a huge grin on my face for bout 15 seconds. Then I would say, with an even bigger grin, "I've got new socks on."

After that just walk out of the elevator.

Yeah, jail would have been an interesting experience...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 18 May 2013, 06:04

Welcome, Lomotil!

That is quite a story! :)

Thanks for sharing, it was fun to read.
Shoot more, worry less.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 19 May 2013, 14:35

Welcome Lomotil! Did you pick a name of a medicine on purpose?

Lomotil is a medication used to treat severe diarrhea :laugh:
كاف

Beecher Tool

Post by Beecher Tool » 19 May 2013, 15:47

Tincture of Opium works better for the same problem

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 19 May 2013, 18:09

But that's a schedule 2 drug. It's also addictive, hence the schedule 2 rating.
كاف

Lomotil

Post by Lomotil » 04 Jun 2013, 10:43

jmz5 wrote:Welcome Lomotil! Did you pick a name of a medicine on purpose?

Lomotil is a medication used to treat severe diarrhea :laugh:
It was on purpose. I've been using "Lomotil" since the early days of the Internet (as a user-name, not the medicine itself.)

I was a pharmacy tech at the time, and I thought it was odd that there was a schedule V narcotic used to treat chronic diarrhea. In fact, I thought it was downright hilarious. I envisioned frat parties where crushed up tablets were sprawled out on a coffee table, and snorted by new pledges as a form of hazing. The whole mental image would get even more detailed, and I just found the notion so amusing that I adopted the name. As it turns out, Lomotil is, in fact, a very weak member of the opiate family, so that's why it found it's way into the controlled substances list.

True story. In fact... "No sh!t." Image

For those that are unfamiliar with the scheduling, medications are listed in "Schedules" according to their abuse potential. Schedule V is the lowest controlled substance level out there, and includes Lomotil, some weak codeine cough syrups, etc. Next up is IV, which is where you find things like Xanax, Klonopin, and Restoril* (funny side-story to follow.) Then you have some of the more fun stuff in Schedule III, your Vicodin, Codeine, etc. When it comes to Schedule II, these are even more restricted, detailed prescribing/dispensing/inventory records are kept by the states. These are your strongest prescribed painkillers, Oxycontin, Duragesic (the 3-day transdermal pain patch,) Marinol, and your amphetamine-family of drugs (Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta.) Schedule I are drugs that are not to be prescribed, includes medications that are still "under study" to determine if they possess any redeeming qualities. This is where you'll find all the natural substances that can't be patented, too.

* If I recall correctly, Restoril (Temazepam) is required by the FDA to be prescribed in blister-packs only, as a response to the problem some people would have when flying. One of the side-effects of Restoril is short-term memory loss, and people were getting on flights, taking a nap, then being woken up when the plane lands and freaking out because they didn't remember getting on a plane or where they were going. As if putting them in blister packs would solve the problem of people taking more than one at a time.

Lomotil

Post by Lomotil » 04 Jun 2013, 10:46

Also, I have to mention, I got a little chuckle out of one of the "checkmark option" description below the reply box:
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
:laugh:

Lomotil

Post by Lomotil » 04 Jun 2013, 10:49

jgreenberg01 wrote: Then I would say, with an even bigger grin, "I've got new socks on."
:lmao:

That's positively GOLDEN. Love it!

I think I'm going to start saying that at work during awkward times...

Thanks for all the nice welcomes, guys!

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 06 Jun 2013, 03:55

Lomotil wrote:
* If I recall correctly, Restoril (Temazepam) is required by the FDA to be prescribed in blister-packs only, as a response to the problem some people would have when flying. One of the side-effects of Restoril is short-term memory loss, and people were getting on flights, taking a nap, then being woken up when the plane lands and freaking out because they didn't remember getting on a plane or where they were going. As if putting them in blister packs would solve the problem of people taking more than one at a time.
They must have repealed that, Temazepam comes in bottles. Unless that is a brand name thing, but no one dispenses brand anymore.
كاف

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 07 Jun 2013, 20:15

Hello. I've been lurking/posting on this forum for some three and a half months now, but I didn't want to formally introduce myself until I could supply pics. :D I've been a hunting, shooting, and reloading enthusiast for almost thirty years (ever since I got out of high school), and, as my username indicates, I love loading for and shooting hand cannons. However, I also like smaller caliber guns for hammering at small game like coyotes and prairie rats (dogs), and usually use a .223 or 22-250 for those endeavors. For years I've wanted to get a Les Baer Ultimate AR chambered for the .204 Ruger, but have never had the money to spare on the rare occasions I have found one available. It seemed like an ideal plinking and small game gun with light recoil and high capacity semi-auto function.
About four months ago, a friend of mine invited me to take a conceal/carry class, which turned out to be given by a couple FNH salesmen (http://www.reactiontoviolence.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Needless to say, it was a blast. We each shot about a hundred rounds through various guns of different calibers, including a FiveseveN and a short barrel P90. It was at that point I fell in love with the 5.7 x 28mm. I must confess, at that point, my knowledge of the 5.7 was limited to nonexistent. I spent the next couple weeks researching the 5.7, during which I also ran across this forum, until I finally decided I wanted a PS90, and put myself on a wait list for one. My one reservation about starting a new caliber like the 5.7 was the lack of anyone who manufactures/sells unfired 5.7 brass. I handload most of my ammo, and that seemed like the biggest downside to it. :facepalm: Starline or someone else needs to get on the ball and start making some. Meanwhile, while waiting for my gun, I spent well over $1K on accessories ranging from an EOTech 552, to three sets of reloading dies (Lee, RCBS, and RCBS small base), magazines, powder, bullets, an Otis 5.7 cleaning kit, and limited amounts of factory ammo that I could find at reasonable prices. Well, I finally got my PS90 last weekend, and below are pics. This is gonna be fun!! :D

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Jun 2013, 20:24

Cool welcome to the forum

Was Pete one of the instructors?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 07 Jun 2013, 20:41

Welcome!
Shoot more, worry less.

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 07 Jun 2013, 20:59

panzermk2 wrote:Cool welcome to the forum

Yep. That's who I bugged and got the PS90 from. :)

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Jun 2013, 23:25

500SWfan wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:Cool welcome to the forum

Yep. That's who I bugged and got the PS90 from. :)

Old buddy of mine.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

KAR

Post by KAR » 14 Jun 2013, 20:06

Hi, I'll try to keep this short. I've been shooting and reloading for over 20 years. For the last several years I have wanted a Five Seven...thanks to a friend of mine taunting me with his. With today's political climate I figured I had better purchase one while I can. I bought two of them a couple of months ago...one black with fixed sights and one FDE/adjustable sights. Now I carry a Five Seven everywhere I go. I have just gotten set up for reloading and have found this site to be a great resource. Thanks everyone, for all the information.

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 15 Jun 2013, 08:19

Welcome.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 16 Jun 2013, 18:34

Welcome y'all!

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 17 Jun 2013, 08:37

welcome to the forum all you new members :D
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson

Death

Post by Death » 26 Jun 2013, 20:08

Hi every one,

I think the community here is great. I found this forum searching for reloading data for the Five Seven. I found such solid info here I decided to join.

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 27 Jun 2013, 12:31

Death wrote:Hi every one,

I think the community here is great. I found this forum searching for reloading data for the Five Seven. I found such solid info here I decided to join.
welcome to the forum Death :thumb: :lmao: I just welcomed Death :skep:
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Jun 2013, 13:56

I bet he was hoping to "outlive" the time Bill & Ted melvined him all those years ago. Not yet D :laugh:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 27 Jun 2013, 15:23

huddleston101 wrote:

Shame on you! I would ban you but you are already in the 9th circle.
Shoot more, worry less.

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 27 Jun 2013, 15:33

blueorison wrote:
huddleston101 wrote:

Shame on you! I would ban you but you are already in the 9th circle.
:skep: dang blue you trying to say I am in hell :skep:

MNDruggist

Post by MNDruggist » 13 Jul 2013, 13:39

Hello Everyone,
New MKII owner and member here. I had to join because every topic I googled took me to these forums. I'll hold off posting until I get through the noob stickys and F.A.Q. section. My price was $1299.99 I tried to get my local dealer to match some internet prices. They wouldn't budge since this is the new model (most other internet listings are the USG for around $1150) and they could sell it a lot higher if they wanted to. I've been looking for over 9 months, so I guess if I over-paid an $100 I can live with that. I'm pumped that it came with 3 mags, how cool is that? The ammo they had in stock was $28/box for FNH SS197SR so I picked up a few. I can't wait for the weather to clear so I can put some rounds downrange.

Here is a pic:

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 13 Jul 2013, 15:56

Welcome to the forum MNDruggist , you will find a lot of good info on here and a lot of good members.. :thumb:

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 13 Jul 2013, 16:34

Welcome to the forum, MNDruggist, yep, all 5.7s come with 3 mags ( bought new ) congrats

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Jul 2013, 17:24

Congratulations and welcome, MND! :)

Keep an eye out for your answers and let us know how she shoots!
Shoot more, worry less.

Powers

Post by Powers » 14 Jul 2013, 17:41

Hello,
New guy to 5.7x28 firearms, but not to FN. I own a SCAR 17 and an FNX-45 Tactical, and other stuff. But I have on the way a brand new Five Seven MK II. Should have it by the end of this coming week. I have looked around and found great info. I am also on a few other forums, mainly fnforums.net. But I hope to get to know my way around here and lear as much as I can while participating. I am spend my time Texas and Oklahoma.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 Jul 2013, 22:32

Welcome to the forum.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 15 Jul 2013, 20:05

Powers wrote:Hello,
New guy to 5.7x28 firearms, but not to FN. I own a SCAR 17 and an FNX-45 Tactical, and other stuff. But I have on the way a brand new Five Seven MK II. Should have it by the end of this coming week. I have looked around and found great info. I am also on a few other forums, mainly fnforums.net. But I hope to get to know my way around here and lear as much as I can while participating. I am spend my time Texas and Oklahoma.
Welcome.

I spend my time also in Texas and OK.
Shoot more, worry less.

Fridge Raptor

Post by Fridge Raptor » 29 Jul 2013, 18:42

Hi everyone,
I bought my FsN about a year ago. I've only put about 250 rounds through it due to traveling all the time for work. Cost me about $1,100 brand new and it came with a holster. Sweet deal as far as I'm concerned.
I just picked up my first can (AAC Element 2) a week ago(started the process in December) for my P22 and started searching for threaded barrels for a FsN and ended up here. Sooooo much info and knowledge here on this website. I'll be wearing out my battery on my iPad like a college kid with a new girlfriend. Looking forward to sharing tips and info on here.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 30 Jul 2013, 10:18

We sell EFK barrels that have also been prepped and test fired by us in a stick FsN. The barrel on the left has had the chamber prepped as we do when we accurize a gun.

http://www.eliteammunition.net/57x28mm_ ... arrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Fridge Raptor

Post by Fridge Raptor » 31 Jul 2013, 15:35

Thanks Panzer!

Yank
Gold Member

Post by Yank » 02 Aug 2013, 14:20

Hello FiveSeven members,
New member, long time lurker and new owner of 5.7 MM II. Had it for two months and loving it. Like a dream come true the day it arrived especially after the months of research and reading done right here. Thank you all for that. Thought I'd take a second and give my intro...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 02 Aug 2013, 14:49

Welcome to the forum!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 02 Aug 2013, 14:52

Yank wrote:Hello FiveSeven members,
New member, long time lurker and new owner of 5.7 MM II. Had it for two months and loving it. Like a dream come true the day it arrived especially after the months of research and reading done right here. Thank you all for that. Thought I'd take a second and give my intro...
Welcome! Again...? :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Toemader

Post by Toemader » 02 Aug 2013, 20:10

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to those of you who make this site possible. After waiting six months my 5.7 arrived this week and I'm looking forward to testing it out. I'm already entrained by some of the comments here about reliability of the round. Of the hundreds of shooting victims I have cared for on the trauma hall, not one has said "Oh no worries, I was only shot with a small caliber round, I'll be fine." I have full confidence that I will be very happy with my purchase. I look forward to bantering with you all and learning as much as possible.