General discussion.
Fotis

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Fotis » 12 Dec 2011, 09:19

Fixed it. Sausage fingers! :laugh:

Bummer

Post by Bummer » 24 Dec 2011, 16:39

I stumbled across a picture of the Five-seveN with twenty rounds sort of strewn around it and thought "Hmmm. That looks interesting." More Googling. More reading. Lather, rinse, repeat. I was hooked.

A couple of weeks ago I told my wife that I lusted for a fairly obscure gun. She asked why I didn't have it already. So I ordered one. Three days later I had it in my hot little hand, cleaning away, and just fondling it like crazy. Mmmmm. Nice.

I Googled for forums, and found this one. Joined. Chipped in. Here I am. I like to learn as much as I can about my toys, and this looks like a good place to learn about the Five-seveN.
Steve

ABATE, AMA, MRF, PGR, WWR, NRA. Yamaha RS Venture, Pentax, GNU Linux, 1911, Five-seveN.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 24 Dec 2011, 17:12

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction. Careful with the fondling though... I hear you can go blind from doing that...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Bummer

Post by Bummer » 24 Dec 2011, 20:09

Thanks. It's been fun so far. I've had to wear glasses for years. :)
Steve

ABATE, AMA, MRF, PGR, WWR, NRA. Yamaha RS Venture, Pentax, GNU Linux, 1911, Five-seveN.

AlaBill

Post by AlaBill » 29 Dec 2011, 11:27

Hi All,

Brand new here and brand new to the Five-seven. Walked into our new tactical gun shop and indoor firing range and looked at the PS90. From there they showed me the Five-seven and I was hooked. Out the door with my "after Christmas" present to myself.

Found this sight by googling the Five-seven. Wow is there a lot of great info on here! Great, great site.

I've always been a 1911 guy but the cost for the semi-custom guns just keeps going up and up; Wilson's, Ed Brown's, and similar guns are $2500+ and up. so my choice was easy, the five-seven plus the PS90 for less than a single 1911.

Anyway, thanks to all and I hope I don't ask too many questions that have been answered over and over. Trying to learn the search function here.

AlaBill

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 29 Dec 2011, 11:56

Welcome AlaBill,
Congrats on your present (my christmas present to me was a .357 :clap: )

I didn't realize 1911s had gotten so expensive, kinda sucks but if you can get 2 good weapons for the price of their one, that's all the better. Oh, except now you have to feed 2 instead of one - uh oh. :laugh:

For trying to learn the search function, there is a how-to link in my sig line - we kinda wrote it as a joke but it's accurate & there if you need it :laugh: If you can't find it, feel free to ask :thumb:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

AlaBill

Post by AlaBill » 29 Dec 2011, 13:01

Rapier,

Both of these links are informative. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Don't worry, I'm not embarrassed to ask.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 29 Dec 2011, 15:04

AlaBill, welcome to our forum, you sound like a Texan. You use the tools available to you like the search function, and also check out the Forum Wiki on the bottom left-hand of the banner.

Many newcomers don't use either, I do appreciate that you do. If you have any questions you cannot find an answer to feel free to ask, or send me a PM. I find that many unnecessary feelings-hurt happen on the open forum even though my intent was never as such. :)

So what makes your gun shop Tactical? :)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

lastmadcrow

Post by lastmadcrow » 29 Dec 2011, 15:34

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking around here for a while and I suppose it's time for a formal intro. So, I'm from and live in the Houston area. Moved back here after a five year stint and two deployments as a gunners mate in the navy.

I own a nice Texas-size selection of firearms including a pair of FiveseveNs which also has become my favorite pistol to shoot. I spend as much time at the range with my weapons as possible (and economically feasible). My philosophy is if I have a firearm malfunction, I want it to be at the range. We always laughed in the service saying that our berettas had built-in critical need detectors and would only FTF when you needed it to function the most.

Anyway, I stumbled upon the site and have gorged myself on the massive amounts of info here. Thank ya'll.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 29 Dec 2011, 16:40

Welcome!
كاف

AlaBill

Post by AlaBill » 29 Dec 2011, 17:00

blue,

Alabama but our accent is often confused with Texas.

The store is Hoover Tactical Firearms and they carry nothing but pistols and tactical long guns. They don't cater to hunters at all as there was a really great hunting store up the street. It was started by a former policeman and so they have the that type of firearm background. They recently moved from a 1800 sq ft showroom into a really large former food store. They now have 6500 sq ft of retail, an indoor shooting range with space for both 25 yd pistol and 50 yd rifle. They also have a classroom that will seat 40 or so, a deli, and rent machine guns. Plus they are in a great, high end, part of town. When I was there on Tuesday it was a madhouse. The next time I'm there I'll snap few pictures and post them here for all to see.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 30 Dec 2011, 17:19

That sounds amazing. Especially the part about the deli!!!

I thought about driving to Alabama for a match once, but went to the one in TN, instead. I feared for my life haha...

Would love to see pictures of this wonderful place!
Shoot more, worry less.

mdun6

Post by mdun6 » 05 Jan 2012, 18:00

Hello all,

New member as of today and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt and i'm from Ohio. I recently started going to the range again and enjoying the hobby I had forgot about. I have a Sig P250 in 9mm, a Ruger SR9C, a 1965 Browning Challenger and a Winchester 30-30 rifle. I am thinking about getting a Five Seven so that is why I joined to see what you guys have to say about it (pros and cons).

Matt

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 Jan 2012, 19:01

Here's a thread about the pros & cons
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a couple of more threads which will likely show up in the search function but that is one I remember off hand.
Welcome to the forum! :cya:

2ndAMVa

Post by 2ndAMVa » 08 Jan 2012, 20:24

Hi Alabill,
Welcome from 2ndAmVA from Virginia.
This is a terrific forum!

AlaBill wrote:Hi All,

Brand new here and brand new to the Five-seven. Walked into our new tactical gun shop and indoor firing range and looked at the PS90. From there they showed me the Five-seven and I was hooked. Out the door with my "after Christmas" present to myself.

Found this sight by googling the Five-seven. Wow is there a lot of great info on here! Great, great site.

I've always been a 1911 guy but the cost for the semi-custom guns just keeps going up and up; Wilson's, Ed Brown's, and similar guns are $2500+ and up. so my choice was easy, the five-seven plus the PS90 for less than a single 1911.

Anyway, thanks to all and I hope I don't ask too many questions that have been answered over and over. Trying to learn the search function here.

AlaBill

2ndAMVa

Post by 2ndAMVa » 08 Jan 2012, 20:25

Welcome, Matt!
This is a terrific forum to learn all about the FN 5.7.
I used to have three, and a friend begged to buy one.
I only have two left. No amount of begging will let me give up these two!!!!

mdun6 wrote:Hello all,

New member as of today and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt and i'm from Ohio. I recently started going to the range again and enjoying the hobby I had forgot about. I have a Sig P250 in 9mm, a Ruger SR9C, a 1965 Browning Challenger and a Winchester 30-30 rifle. I am thinking about getting a Five Seven so that is why I joined to see what you guys have to say about it (pros and cons).

Matt

2ndAMVa

Post by 2ndAMVa » 08 Jan 2012, 20:28

Welcome Lastmadcow,
And thank you for your service to our country!
I've got one 5.7 for each hand, too. :D
My 5.7 has not had a single malfunction so far.
I hope you enjoy this forum! Good info and good people here.

lastmadcrow wrote:Hello everyone.

I've been lurking around here for a while and I suppose it's time for a formal intro. So, I'm from and live in the Houston area. Moved back here after a five year stint and two deployments as a gunners mate in the navy.

I own a nice Texas-size selection of firearms including a pair of FiveseveNs which also has become my favorite pistol to shoot. I spend as much time at the range with my weapons as possible (and economically feasible). My philosophy is if I have a firearm malfunction, I want it to be at the range. We always laughed in the service saying that our berettas had built-in critical need detectors and would only FTF when you needed it to function the most.

Anyway, I stumbled upon the site and have gorged myself on the massive amounts of info here. Thank ya'll.

ian_usmc

Post by ian_usmc » 10 Jan 2012, 16:51

Been lurking around your forum for the past week or so, mostly for reloading info for the 5.7.
I don't currently own anything chambered in 5.7 at the moment. But my friend just bought an ar-57 and I frigging love it lol. Just figured I would introduce myself and say thanks for the plethora of info on this rather obscure cartridge.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 10 Jan 2012, 17:39

welcome to the forum! Grab the adult beverage of your choice and start reading.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 10 Jan 2012, 17:47

... Your going to need adult beverages glad to have you on the forun

buckcz

Post by buckcz » 28 Jan 2012, 12:39

Greetings from Michigan gentlemen!

My name is Buck and I run a nuisance wildlife control company in Michigan. I love guns, grappling, and good food 8). I haven't bought a FNH Five-seveN yet but I am on the verge. I was google surfing and found this forum. It seemed like a good place to find info, accessories, ammo feedback, trouble shooting etc.

Thanks for keeping a site running for this line of guns!

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 28 Jan 2012, 13:46

Welcome to the forum you found a great place to find any information you will probably ever need an best part is it grows every day hope you find everything you need!

gryphon

Post by gryphon » 28 Jan 2012, 16:03

Greetings from a fellow Michigander, Buck. Nuisance wildlife control, eh? It wasn't you who trapped the raccoon who tore up my attic, was it?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 28 Jan 2012, 17:41

Welcome to the forum.

Green or Blue?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 28 Jan 2012, 18:37

Hi, Buck!

If you have any questions, just give me a holler and I'll do my best to help!

:)
Shoot more, worry less.

highmark_rich

Post by highmark_rich » 16 Feb 2012, 21:57

Hi everyone,

Just joined today. I've had a Fiveseven for a little over a year now and have frequented this site for all sorts of information.

I own quite a few different weapons but the 5.7 was the only 'love at first sight'. I was looking for something with a little more round capacity and was doing a google image search and up popped the 5.7. When I saw the round I thought it was the coolest bullet I'd ever seen, and 21 to boot! Anyway I had one and was shooting it within a week.

I've just reloaded some 5.7 after getting a lot of info off here and some supplies from EA. Had some more questions that hadn't previously been brought up so I joined!

This is my first forum and I'm excited to be part of it.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 16 Feb 2012, 22:07

highmark_rich wrote:Hi everyone,

Just joined today. I've had a Fiveseven for a little over a year now and have frequented this site for all sorts of information.

I own quite a few different weapons but the 5.7 was the only 'love at first sight'. I was looking for something with a little more round capacity and was doing a google image search and up popped the 5.7. When I saw the round I thought it was the coolest bullet I'd ever seen, and 21 to boot! Anyway I had one and was shooting it within a week.

I've just reloaded some 5.7 after getting a lot of info off here and some supplies from EA. Had some more questions that hadn't previously been brought up so I joined!

This is my first forum and I'm excited to be part of it.
Congratulations! And welcome to finally joining up! It seems that we still have a lot of lurkers... :laugh:

Looking forward to more posts from you.

I guess I would say the whole "wiki" deal, but from being on here in the past, you already know it, so, welcome! :laugh:
Shoot more, worry less.

jbrown

Just picked up a Five SeveN

Post by jbrown » 17 Feb 2012, 07:41

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself as I've just made my first Five SeveN purchase. I've long been interested in this firearm, and having recently rented one from a local range, I was itching to get my hands on one to own.

Well, this week was the perfect storm. After making a solid profit from selling an old watch of mine, I stumbled onto a good deal on an FsN locally. So naturally, I HAD to purchase it :D

The guy had bought it in 2009 and never fired it. I guess he got busy with kids, etc... Oh well. It's in mint condition and I paid $850 for everything (including a 10 round mag extension). All in all, seems like a solid deal.

Anyhow, here are the obligatory photos and I look forward to using this forum!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Just picked up a Five SeveN

Post by Rapier1772 » 17 Feb 2012, 13:20

Welcome! That's a pretty good deal, congrats

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Feb 2012, 15:50

Sweeet! Great job, Mr. Brown!!!

Very happy for ya, thanks for sharing pictures! :) :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 17 Feb 2012, 21:33

Welcome!

Bax

New Guy

Post by Bax » 23 Feb 2012, 09:37

I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I help run another forum and it is always nice to have new members introduce themselves.

I live in Salt Lake and love to hunt, fish, camp, or do most anything outdoors. But my favorite hobby is shooting. There is something about learning to control your breathing, and proper trigger squeeze, etc that makes the shooting sports interesting to me. I feel like I am more in competition with myself than with my targets, which makes shooting a fun challenge to me.

Over the past few years I have been very interested in the 5.7 and have lurked on this forum off an on for a few months trying to decide if I should take the plunge into a 5.7. Honestly the only hesitancy I had was fear of reloading the cartridge. I know there isnt a ton of data out there, but I figured that I should just stop being a wimp and take the plunge. So please forgive me for any silly questions that I may ask.

I just picked up a OD PS-90 Standard last weekend and topped it with a Trijicon red-dot holosight. But have yet to have the time to go out and sight it in. Hopefully this weekend I will have the opportunity to get out and see how it shoots.

Initially I bought a Meprolight holosight for the rifle because I liked the idea of not needing to replace a battery, but after getting it home I discovered that the reticle washed out in bright light and I could barely see it. And since I bought this rifle primarily for varmint hunting, I realized that the Meprolight just wouldnt fit my needs so I went with the Trijicon RMR reflex sight instead since I could see it in daylight.

I hope to be a beneficial contributor as time goes on and I learn more about this nifty little cartridge.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 23 Feb 2012, 16:22

Welcome, Bax!!!

MRD and RD/Holo/Tritium/Fiber sights are definitely a very hard choice and can only be solved through considering application value.

If you have any questions, feel free to search the forum, or send me a PM and I'll gladly do my best to help you out :)

Hope you enjoy your time, here!
Shoot more, worry less.

Bax

Post by Bax » 23 Feb 2012, 17:16

Thanks for the warm welcome blueorison!

I will try my best to search out questions before I start another thread on the same topic. It always drives me nuts when that happens on the other forums I frequent, so I will do my best to keep this forum from being muddled with repetitive topics.

I have many questions. But have already learned a ton from the things I have read on here 8)

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Feb 2012, 20:36

Welcome, Box! Glad to have you on board. Its always nice hearing that people actually learn things on here. :)

granther

hello!

Post by granther » 29 Feb 2012, 10:35

Well i just got a fiveseven pistol(FDE with target sights) and have some dies on order so I figured that I would register. I look forward to the wealth of information housed here and talking to some like minded folks.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Re: hello!

Post by flyingirish04 » 29 Feb 2012, 11:08

Congrats on the new pistol!
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: hello!

Post by panzermk2 » 29 Feb 2012, 11:10

Welcome to the forum!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 29 Feb 2012, 17:11

Welcome! Run around! There is much information to find :)

Check the wiki, there are many answers in there.

If you can't find it, you can always send me a PM and I will do my best to help!

Have fun roaming!
Shoot more, worry less.

Bax

Post by Bax » 29 Feb 2012, 17:19

blueorison wrote:Welcome! Run around! There is much information to find :)

Check the wiki, there are many answers in there.

If you can't find it, you can always send me a PM and I will do my best to help!

Have fun roaming!

Agreed. There is SOOOOOOO much information on this forum :cool:

Niggam

Post by Niggam » 01 Mar 2012, 07:09

Hey all,

Ive been lurking on the interwebz for quite some time now (2+ years) gathering info on various handguns, trying to figure out what i wanted in my first firearm. I had an early interest in the FiveseveN, but thought it (foolishly) to be inappropriate for PD, and subsequently wrote it off in leu of a 1911 or some sort of 9mm . Well, i stumbled upon this forum and let me tell you, did it ever open my eyes. I lurked on here for many many hours, soaking up what i could...and decided to finally pick up a 5.7...for my first handgun.

Now im just waiting for the weekend...my usg and 500 rounds of 197 are ready to play :)

Niggam- Lafayette, IN

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 01 Mar 2012, 10:23

Welcome to the forum!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 01 Mar 2012, 13:21

Welcome you made a great choice the five seven is a awesome gun. I will admit the weight takes some getting use to with such a light front end it's so easy to pull the trigger, but the gun is solid and is a nail driver and honestly I think if you can shoot a 5.7 you can shoot about anything.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 01 Mar 2012, 13:54

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction! We look forward to hearing any thoughts you have after shooting it...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

BlueArmadillo

Post by BlueArmadillo » 03 Mar 2012, 08:53

Greetings & Felicitations.....from deep in the heart of Texas. Kinda newbie.....but been lurking around quite some time. I have owned a couple of FsN's for several years but just this past week acquired a PS90 (triple rail). I have gone simple and placed a Truglow reflex on top with a small, flat red laser right in front but not blocking reflex. There is also a Surefire on left side rail. Right side is so far empty but I have no idea what else to add. Going to range tomorrow to shoot 90 for first time. Picked up the cheaper Bulldog case with the foam cutouts. Just need to settle on a sling of some sort. I spent the first 25 years of professional life in the tv news biz then went to work for a local governmental entity for 11 years. The past 8 years I have been running a private business and doing some consulting work in the gov/media/business relations field. (bureucratic commando of sorts).
I am looking forward to learning from you characters.....

Thanks in advance......(I think) :ponder:

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 03 Mar 2012, 13:22

Welcome to the forum. There are allot of good people and info here.
Last edited by SHEEPDOG on 05 Mar 2012, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

BlueArmadillo

Post by BlueArmadillo » 04 Mar 2012, 07:22

Dillo here.....checking back in.... I am about halfway thru reading 71 pages of posts on this thread..... trying to come up to speed. I have no military or law enforcement experience other than being a city administrator and dealing with a 100 man police force on a regular basis. Being ex-media, I was often pressed into service as a PIO at major incidents. I was also a product of a Jr. NRA rifle team in what seems 100 years ago. Used to do a lot of hunting but I don't think I am mad at them deer anymore. Did set up a longrange hog gun to assist friends on farms and deer leases. (300 RUM with a 4.5-14 Zeiss). Used to be a .45/.308 guy...but fell in love with little, fast bullets. Have owned two 5.7 USG's for a few years. One still NIB...the other decked out with a nasty Veridian C5. I lingered over the decision of acquiring the PS90...but gave in last week. Have been picking up a few boxes at a time, of "EA Good Stuff"..... the S4's are pretty impressive.... Anyway....I will have the occassional stupid question.... I am here to learn. Thanks
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best"......Voltaire

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 04 Mar 2012, 09:29

BlueArmadillo wrote:Dillo here.....checking back in.... I am about halfway thru reading 71 pages of posts on this thread..... trying to come up to speed. I have no military or law enforcement experience other than being a city administrator and dealing with a 100 man police force on a regular basis. Being ex-media, I was often pressed into service as a PIO at major incidents. I was also a product of a Jr. NRA rifle team in what seems 100 years ago. Used to do a lot of hunting but I don't think I am mad at them deer anymore. Did set up a longrange hog gun to assist friends on farms and deer leases. (300 RUM with a 4.5-14 Zeiss). Used to be a .45/.308 guy...but fell in love with little, fast bullets. Have owned two 5.7 USG's for a few years. One still NIB...the other decked out with a nasty Veridian C5. I lingered over the decision of acquiring the PS90...but gave in last week. Have been picking up a few boxes at a time, of "EA Good Stuff"..... the S4's are pretty impressive.... Anyway....I will have the occassional stupid question.... I am here to learn. Thanks
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best"......Voltaire
Welcome. :)

Happy readings! Nice tag, by the way. Does it have anything to do with LaRue Dillos? I just sold two special editions that were blue!!!

If you have any questions that you can't find answers to in the wiki and search, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help. :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

NewGunNut

Post by NewGunNut » 05 Mar 2012, 20:45

Hey everyone, I bought my Five-Seven two days ago after doing some research and this is one of the sites that helped me make my decision so thanks for that! I've only began collecting a year ago. Thanks for the great advice so far and hopefully I can make a good contribution to repay you all.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 05 Mar 2012, 21:10

Welcome to the forum. We are all gun nuts.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 Mar 2012, 21:59

Not all. Some are just nuts. :D
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 06 Mar 2012, 17:18

Some are both! :p

Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf » 12 Mar 2012, 00:15

Yet another newbie here. I'm picking up my five-seven tomorrow, and I figured this was the best place for info. I hope to see you folks around.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 12 Mar 2012, 01:24

Welcome Lonewolf

EvoLee

Post by EvoLee » 12 Mar 2012, 15:42

Another newbie here. I made a couple of posts about a week ago in another thread but never formally introduced myself. I bought my five seven brand new about 3 weeks ago ($980 OTD with 100 rnds ss197- decent deal IMHO) from the Bass Pro Shop in Richmond, VA. I've only been shooting since November of last year and I own a couple of Glock 9mms and a Kel Tec Sub2k 9mm. Slowly getting into the hobby/sport or whatever you wanna call it.

Ironically, I work for a company that makes bullet proof vests (not Kevlar, but Spectra) here in central VA.

I've already learned a good deal from this site and hope to one day give some knowledge back as I get more experienced with the five seven (and maybe a PS90 down the road).

Cheers to a very nice looking and informative website.

Lee

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 12 Mar 2012, 18:43

Welcome Lonewolf and EvoLee.

Drayco

Post by Drayco » 13 Mar 2012, 08:05

Uhm... Hi.

Got a Five-seveN a few months a ago and ran across this place looking for cleaning info. (I'll make a more specific post in the relevant forum in a few minutes, and yes, I've checked the FAQ. VERY useful, thank you.)

I'm kind of in a unique situation here as the Five-seveN is my FIRST gun. (So yeah, pretty big newb here. Again, will be making post in the proper area.) Heck, I'm also new to the gun-appreciation scene in general, so all the community-based bashing on the 5.7 x28mm? Haven't heard a WORD of it.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 13 Mar 2012, 09:32

Welcome, there's lots of info here. Some is even on topic. :laugh:
Dig around with the Tactical Search and Advanced Search.....if you're not seeing answers just ask. :thumb:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Mar 2012, 17:23

Drayco wrote:Uhm... Hi.

Got a Five-seveN a few months a ago and ran across this place looking for cleaning info. (I'll make a more specific post in the relevant forum in a few minutes, and yes, I've checked the FAQ. VERY useful, thank you.)

I'm kind of in a unique situation here as the Five-seveN is my FIRST gun. (So yeah, pretty big newb here. Again, will be making post in the proper area.) Heck, I'm also new to the gun-appreciation scene in general, so all the community-based bashing on the 5.7 x28mm? Haven't heard a WORD of it.
Awesome :) You're one of the few that have read the FAQ!!! I'm continuing to update it, and it'll get even more comprehensive.

The FsN was my first gun, also! I've only been a firearm owner for a few years, and have a lot to learn.

If you have any questions you can't find answers to, feel free to send a PM if you'd like. And prepare to read a lot of hate towards the platform and cartridge/caliber, online! Fair warning! :lmao: :cya:
Shoot more, worry less.

KaosOveride

Post by KaosOveride » 19 Mar 2012, 13:00

Well i guess ill jump on the bandwagon here and introduce myself.
I'm not so much a gunnut as i am just a nut.
I spent some time in the military, and some time in the desert, and bought my 57 after my latest deployment.
A quite professional was shooting one on a range I was at and well we got to talking and I decided that I just had to have one.
I have also very recently (within the last 2 months or so) gotten into reloading (ill post my experiences later)
I found fivesevenforum while I was looking for ammo for the 57 and stumbled across EA

On another note I have been lurking around these forums for a few months now, gobbling up as much information as I can.. So thank you to all of you other nuts and gunnuts alike for sharing your wealth of information.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 19 Mar 2012, 13:19

Welcome!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 19 Mar 2012, 13:20

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of nuts around here... you'll fit right in... :D

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 19 Mar 2012, 16:12

KaosOveride wrote:Well i guess ill jump on the bandwagon here and introduce myself.
I'm not so much a gunnut as i am just a nut.
I spent some time in the military, and some time in the desert, and bought my 57 after my latest deployment.
A quite professional was shooting one on a range I was at and well we got to talking and I decided that I just had to have one.
I have also very recently (within the last 2 months or so) gotten into reloading (ill post my experiences later)
I found fivesevenforum while I was looking for ammo for the 57 and stumbled across EA

On another note I have been lurking around these forums for a few months now, gobbling up as much information as I can.. So thank you to all of you other nuts and gunnuts alike for sharing your wealth of information.
Welcome, dude!! Glad to have more MIL nuts onboard. They are certainly more adept than airsoft nuts. Not that I'm knocking on airsoft.. or anything.. after all, a google search for FiveseveN brings up all airsoft, anyway.. hahhaa :lmao:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Shoot more, worry less.

KaosOveride

Post by KaosOveride » 20 Mar 2012, 11:18

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Im lurking in the reloading areas but starting to branch out. +1 for airsoft by the way my kids and i play all the time

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 20 Mar 2012, 15:37

You can be a couple of different kinds of nuts at once you know...I was quite knowledgeable on airsoft before the big boy toys got a hold of me. I'm realizing now just how much of a pain that can be. Stupid BCM and their sexy rifles.

Anyway, WELCOME to all the new guys. Sometimes I have helpful things to say but not often. Things are never dull here that's for sure.

bagabonz

NEWB after the first 200 rds.

Post by bagabonz » 25 Mar 2012, 17:32

Hello to all. I'm a new 57 owner and would like to thank the group for all the info found so far in the search and research here. It's hard to find a question not already covered many times or not currently under dissection.
I purchased a used pistol on Gunbroker that was in near new condition. I would only be guessing how many rounds went through it before me but probably at least 4-500.
I have had zero failures so far with 200 rounds of 197 fired. The gun has performed flawlessly as far as feed and ejection. I am a novice shooter and found the 57 to be simple to operate and extremely well thought out and executed.
I was not accurate at all with it the first time out. This was partially due to it needing some sight adjustments for me, and my in-experience in grip and stance. I am still looking for a natural and comfortable posture. Everything was low and left of center. I was all over the place.
The second time out was this morning and I really took my time. I shot 3-4 rounds and adjusted the sights. I repeated this for 50 rounds. I was finally able to get some reasonable groups at 10 yards. The next 50 rounds, I concentrated on stance and grip. Things improved greatly when I was able to keep my left thumb firm along the left side below the slide, and maintain a good picture throughout the pull. Finding the spot in the pull just before it goes bang and being able to stay set through that point.
I can see how a little trigger work can really improve your accuracy.
I would next like to try some 195 ammo and see how that goes. I will eventually try some EA stuff, but right now thats a little dear for me and my experience level.
I did join a pistol club and a few members have a 57 as well, I'm sure I can glean some more advice as I get to know the folks.
Anyway, I'm really enjoying shooting this pistol. I also have Ruger single six 22, Seecamp 32, Ruger LC9, S&W 357 mag., and Grampas 1940 Colt 1911A1.
Thanks!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: NEWB after the first 200 rds.

Post by blueorison » 25 Mar 2012, 18:50

bagabonz wrote:Hello to all. I'm a new 57 owner and would like to thank the group for all the info found so far in the search and research here. It's hard to find a question not already covered many times or not currently under dissection.
I purchased a used pistol on Gunbroker that was in near new condition. I would only be guessing how many rounds went through it before me but probably at least 4-500.
I have had zero failures so far with 200 rounds of 197 fired. The gun has performed flawlessly as far as feed and ejection. I am a novice shooter and found the 57 to be simple to operate and extremely well thought out and executed.
I was not accurate at all with it the first time out. This was partially due to it needing some sight adjustments for me, and my in-experience in grip and stance. I am still looking for a natural and comfortable posture. Everything was low and left of center. I was all over the place.
The second time out was this morning and I really took my time. I shot 3-4 rounds and adjusted the sights. I repeated this for 50 rounds. I was finally able to get some reasonable groups at 10 yards. The next 50 rounds, I concentrated on stance and grip. Things improved greatly when I was able to keep my left thumb firm along the left side below the slide, and maintain a good picture throughout the pull. Finding the spot in the pull just before it goes bang and being able to stay set through that point.
I can see how a little trigger work can really improve your accuracy.
I would next like to try some 195 ammo and see how that goes. I will eventually try some EA stuff, but right now thats a little dear for me and my experience level.
I did join a pistol club and a few members have a 57 as well, I'm sure I can glean some more advice as I get to know the folks.
Anyway, I'm really enjoying shooting this pistol. I also have Ruger single six 22, Seecamp 32, Ruger LC9, S&W 357 mag., and Grampas 1940 Colt 1911A1.
Thanks!
Welcome, bag!

Your experience sounds like a very fun and learning one. I'm sure that you will be able to find an experienced shooter at your club to help you with your learning process to becoming a better shooter.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM, but you sound like a very capable person who does use the search function and likes to do his own work instead of relying on others. My kinda person!

Keep updating us on your journey, we'd love to hear of it. :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member

Post by SHEEPDOG » 26 Mar 2012, 19:12

Welcome to the asylum.

Drago

Post by Drago » 27 Mar 2012, 16:32

Hello from Louisiana!
Been wanting a five seven for years, just bought a ODG with adjustable sights that someone bought and put 40 rounds through then desided they didn't like it. He said he couldn't hit anything with it. I don't know which gun he was shooting but it wasn't this one. This thing would be surgical with trigger work, I love it.

This my five seven... there are many like it... but this is mine....

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 27 Mar 2012, 18:22

Drago wrote:Hello from Louisiana!
Been wanting a five seven for years, just bought a ODG with adjustable sights that someone bought and put 40 rounds through then desided they didn't like it. He said he couldn't hit anything with it. I don't know which gun he was shooting but it wasn't this one. This thing would be surgical with trigger work, I love it.

This my five seven... there are many like it... but this is mine....
Welcome to the asylum Drago and as for the FsN, his loss is your gain!!!!

bagabonz

Post by bagabonz » 28 Mar 2012, 08:39

Drago,
I think I know the gentleman you bought from. First name starts with an H right? He and I purchased the same weekend but I live in Calif.
so had the 10 day wait. My groups were as bad as his until I sighted it in for me and got used to the feel a bit better. I agree on the trigger as well.
Might do the accurizing at EA eventually.
Patience young skywalker...

Drago

Post by Drago » 28 Mar 2012, 11:14

bagabonz wrote:Drago,
I think I know the gentleman you bought from. First name starts with an H right? He and I purchased the same weekend but I live in Calif.
so had the 10 day wait. My groups were as bad as his until I sighted it in for me and got used to the feel a bit better. I agree on the trigger as well.
Might do the accurizing at EA eventually.
Patience young skywalker...
That's him, nice guy, small world. Trigger is not bad (shot worse) but it could be so much better, too bad EA can't work 5.7's year around. Thinking about seeing if my local guy wants to give it a try.

brianz

Post by brianz » 28 Mar 2012, 19:19

Well ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say "Hello". I have been lurking off and on for a while and just recently got the chance to get an FsN. Unfortunately it appears as though I'm losing my next three days off so co-workers can be with their wives while they have babies (damn selfish if you ask me) so it will be a few days before I am able to get to the range. I suppose in the long run it's okay. I can just take the over time and put it towards ammo.
I haven't joined the pay section (I will get around to it one of these days) but even without that access I must say the wealth of information is astounding. Thanks to all those who have helped put it here and I hope to contribute a little over time.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 28 Mar 2012, 21:05

Welcome :)
Shoot more, worry less.

boll weevil

Post by boll weevil » 31 Mar 2012, 04:26

Hello all-
Just bought my first 5.7 after much of deliberation. I should have done it year ago.....

About me, former army current LEO and complete gear queer. (Can people still say that in this PC world?) Instead of the usual mid life crisis of a Harley and a 19 year old blonde, I opted for the LWRC, TAD and 5.7 route....

Looking forward to learning more about my shiney new toy.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 31 Mar 2012, 06:11

A) Welcome to the forum and your new obsession!
B) I think you will find that there are ONLY politically correct people here, so be careful
C) There's nothing wrong with getting an FsN AND a hot young blonde.

I'm just sayin'...

EDIT: you're new so you should probably know that this is the sarcasm font...

Jxone

New Owner Of A Five Seven

Post by Jxone » 25 Apr 2012, 10:16

What up fellas
Newbie to the forum and to the five seven.
Bought it on Sunday at a gun show.
Been drooling over it for about 8 months now
and finally got the money to buy one. Haven't shot it yet.
But can't wait until I do.

Hope to learn more about it on this forum.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: New Owner Of A Five Seven

Post by blueorison » 25 Apr 2012, 20:14

Jxone wrote:What up fellas
Newbie to the forum and to the five seven.
Bought it on Sunday at a gun show.
Been drooling over it for about 8 months now
and finally got the money to buy one. Haven't shot it yet.
But can't wait until I do.

Hope to learn more about it on this forum.
Welcome, dude!

Glad you will soon have a lot of fun, happy for ya.

If you have any questions that you can't find answers to in the Forum Wiki or Tactical Search or Google, send me a PM and I'll do my best to help out :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Prucrustinator

Post by Prucrustinator » 02 May 2012, 13:32

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been lurking around the forum for a while, and finally got my chance to pick up a Five-seveN today. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to take it out til this weekend. Just an interesting observation. It is new, and with the square trigger guard is obviously a USG model. However, it came with a fired casing from the factory with a note stating the model is F.S IOM. I know there was some mislabeling during the transition, but I find it humorous that this many years later they are still misidentifying the models.

HarleySteve

Post by HarleySteve » 05 May 2012, 10:15

Hello All,

I have lurked around this forum for a few months. I took the plunge and ordered my first FN, a PS90 earlier this week. It should be here sometime next week. I have a few other guns, but this is the first FN I have owned. I did carry a FN manufactured M4 during at my last post before I retired from the Army last year. I have most of the essential firearms, and now that shouldn't have to move around much anymore I am starting to collect the fun toys, it seems like FN has some of the cooler toys on the market. I really should have ordered my PS90 years ago when ammo was plentiful and prices were better. It has been a real chore this week tracking down SS197 piecemeal. Next on the list will be a FiveSeven as soon as I save up some more S&H Green Stamps.

Thanks for creating this forum,
Steve

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2012, 17:17

Welcome Steve. Looks like you went my route, PS90 first & FsN second :laugh: It seems ammo is in short supply lately so I highly recommend getting into reloading if you are not already doing it. Currently, the best source for that data is on this forum's reloading section - but maybe I'm biased :D

FNMANDO

Post by FNMANDO » 05 May 2012, 17:41

Hello everybody!! I've been lurking for just a weeeee bit......I finally joined today!! I hope you guys allow girls to play too!! :) I'm shopping for my first Five-Seven! Shot one the other day and fell in love! I'm not new to guns.......been shooting for quite awhile! Quick question for you guys......why would a gun store refuse to sell FN and tell me they will only "order" me one if I insist? The store does not sell ANY FNH products......guns, ammo. They also told me that the gun was a piece of junk and the ammo was $45 a box. Odd??? Anyways, hello to everybody!!!! :)

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 05 May 2012, 18:13

Everyone with an interest is welcome here. Find another gun store - haters are gonna hate.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2012, 18:35

Where is that? Definitely find another gun store!

The only place I've seen ammo on the shelf which is that expensive, is Gander Mountain.

If FN guns are "junk", what are they calling "good" guns? Even if they just meant the FsN, same question applies. Unless they can back it up with proof, I hate places like that.

Most of the people & stores that I talk to & feel that way haven't actually seen/handled/shot one.

FNMANDO

Post by FNMANDO » 05 May 2012, 18:46

Its at Olde English Gun Shoppe in Tipp City ohio........

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2012, 19:09

English- there's your problem :laugh:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 May 2012, 22:57

FNMANDO wrote:Hello everybody!! I've been lurking for just a weeeee bit......I finally joined today!! I hope you guys allow girls to play too!! :) I'm shopping for my first Five-Seven! Shot one the other day and fell in love! I'm not new to guns.......been shooting for quite awhile! Quick question for you guys......why would a gun store refuse to sell FN and tell me they will only "order" me one if I insist? The store does not sell ANY FNH products......guns, ammo. They also told me that the gun was a piece of junk and the ammo was $45 a box. Odd??? Anyways, hello to everybody!!!! :)
Because they are fuddy duddy idiots who think they know everything.

Ask them what the difference between steel-cased ammunition and steel-core ammunition. Ask them which one has a bi-metal round.

They won't have a clue. They'll tell you the magnet tells all.

Well, most people won't know what I'm talking about, anyway. But just go ask them. Then post your answer so I can laugh :D

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay. Check out the Forum WIKI; there's an FsN FAQ list in there. If you have any questions I can help with and you can't find the answers, feel free to send me a PM.

:cya:
Shoot more, worry less.

FNMANDO

Post by FNMANDO » 06 May 2012, 13:32

:laugh: Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm actually torn between the AcuSport model and the standard USG model..... anybody have a preference either way? Thanks guys!!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 06 May 2012, 17:26

Knowing the tactical ninjas, they would choose the Accusport.

If they are the same price, it's your choice! I would give input, but it would be outweighed by the non-practical choice of "it looks good".
Shoot more, worry less.

FNMANDO

Post by FNMANDO » 06 May 2012, 19:03

Tactical ninjas!! :lmao: I haven't heard that one!! I think we all might be a bit on the tacical nerd side........which is just fine by me! Rather have advice from people who know what they are talking about as opposed to a couple of idiots who are cluless!! :thumb:

SandysBills

Post by SandysBills » 07 May 2012, 15:52

Newbie here. Located on the east coast. Just recently bitten by the handgun bug, most existing firearms are hunting related. Bought a SR9 Ruger and then got the wife a Berreta 9. After that spent several weeks lurking here and other firearm websites. Decided that any pistol that could reach out accurately to 100 yards had a distinct avantage. Just got the FN57 today from the gun dealer. Cant wait till this weekend....... :thumb:

LA-LI-LU-LE-LO

Post by LA-LI-LU-LE-LO » 10 May 2012, 16:48

:clap: HELLOOO to everyone here on the forum. Just here to ask questions and sell stuff.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 10 May 2012, 17:35

LA-LI-LU-LE-LO wrote::clap: HELLOOO to everyone here on the forum. Just here to ask questions and sell stuff.
Please read the rules in the Classified section before selling... other than that, welcome to our forum. :)

ripcity

Post by ripcity » 24 May 2012, 13:02

New to the forum from Oregon. Recently go into reloading the 5.7. I have reloaded for a couple of years now with multiple other calibers. I recently received my first order from EA that included the trimmer shell plate along with the case gauge. I'm glad I got the case gauge because the first couple of cases I re-sized I didn't move the shoulder back far enough. A lot of good information on here.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 24 May 2012, 17:20

ripcity wrote:New to the forum from Oregon. Recently go into reloading the 5.7. I have reloaded for a couple of years now with multiple other calibers. I recently received my first order from EA that included the trimmer shell plate along with the case gauge. I'm glad I got the case gauge because the first couple of cases I re-sized I didn't move the shoulder back far enough. A lot of good information on here.
Welcome! I'm in Portland as well, but thankfully moving out of this place in about 3 weeks. :)

washguy
Silver Member

Post by washguy » 24 May 2012, 18:40

Hi Guys I just found this forum and thanks for having me! Just got a five seven in black with target sites. I havnt even fired it yet :D Me and my gal go the range in Leonard Tx bout fifty miles from Dallas...we are big into our 6.8spc's and our 308's...they have steel plates out to five hundred which is awesome...pistol range is nice too. I dunno why we bought the five seven.. somehow it just seemed right!
cant wait for saturday.... :clap: Wash

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 24 May 2012, 19:10

Welcome, wash!

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 24 May 2012, 19:25

Welcome! If you took this quiz ( http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/10 ... acter-quiz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), would you stil be Wash?
J/K
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

mcracco

Post by mcracco » 29 May 2012, 01:50

New shooter here. Actually old shooter and reloader but new to new to FN and the 5.7x28. Currently into M&P's / IDPA and cranking out boatloads of ammo on a Dillon 1050.

But...my origins are shooting big bore bottle neck rounds out of handguns back in the IHMSA days. So, when I happened to see the FiveSeveN on Top Shot a while ago it didn't take much to get me hooked. A little different than a single shot .30-30 or .308 Win with a 10" barrel but still very intriguing.

As is my custom, I have jumped in with both feet;
  • * brass, bullets ordered
  • * dies, turning accessories ordered
  • * researching load data
  • * patting myself on the back for not replacing the RCBS Rock Chucker with a second Dillon
I'm half way to having the cash for the gun itself and hope to be doing the paperwork on one in a few weeks. :D

Glad I found this forum and thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 29 May 2012, 15:15

Cool, welcome, mcracco!

You will find a wealth of information about reloading on the forum. I shoot IDPA, occasionally. I was just teaching a new student of mine, yesterday, on IDPA.
Shoot more, worry less.