New Member Introduction

General discussion.
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by panzermk2 » 19 Mar 2012, 13:19

Welcome!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 19 Mar 2012, 13:20

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of nuts around here... you'll fit right in... :D
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 19 Mar 2012, 16:12

KaosOveride wrote:Well i guess ill jump on the bandwagon here and introduce myself.
I'm not so much a gunnut as i am just a nut.
I spent some time in the military, and some time in the desert, and bought my 57 after my latest deployment.
A quite professional was shooting one on a range I was at and well we got to talking and I decided that I just had to have one.
I have also very recently (within the last 2 months or so) gotten into reloading (ill post my experiences later)
I found fivesevenforum while I was looking for ammo for the 57 and stumbled across EA

On another note I have been lurking around these forums for a few months now, gobbling up as much information as I can.. So thank you to all of you other nuts and gunnuts alike for sharing your wealth of information.
Welcome, dude!! Glad to have more MIL nuts onboard. They are certainly more adept than airsoft nuts. Not that I'm knocking on airsoft.. or anything.. after all, a google search for FiveseveN brings up all airsoft, anyway.. hahhaa :lmao:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

KaosOveride

Post by KaosOveride » 20 Mar 2012, 11:18

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Im lurking in the reloading areas but starting to branch out. +1 for airsoft by the way my kids and i play all the time

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 20 Mar 2012, 15:37

You can be a couple of different kinds of nuts at once you know...I was quite knowledgeable on airsoft before the big boy toys got a hold of me. I'm realizing now just how much of a pain that can be. Stupid BCM and their sexy rifles.

Anyway, WELCOME to all the new guys. Sometimes I have helpful things to say but not often. Things are never dull here that's for sure.

bagabonz

NEWB after the first 200 rds.

Post by bagabonz » 25 Mar 2012, 17:32

Hello to all. I'm a new 57 owner and would like to thank the group for all the info found so far in the search and research here. It's hard to find a question not already covered many times or not currently under dissection.
I purchased a used pistol on Gunbroker that was in near new condition. I would only be guessing how many rounds went through it before me but probably at least 4-500.
I have had zero failures so far with 200 rounds of 197 fired. The gun has performed flawlessly as far as feed and ejection. I am a novice shooter and found the 57 to be simple to operate and extremely well thought out and executed.
I was not accurate at all with it the first time out. This was partially due to it needing some sight adjustments for me, and my in-experience in grip and stance. I am still looking for a natural and comfortable posture. Everything was low and left of center. I was all over the place.
The second time out was this morning and I really took my time. I shot 3-4 rounds and adjusted the sights. I repeated this for 50 rounds. I was finally able to get some reasonable groups at 10 yards. The next 50 rounds, I concentrated on stance and grip. Things improved greatly when I was able to keep my left thumb firm along the left side below the slide, and maintain a good picture throughout the pull. Finding the spot in the pull just before it goes bang and being able to stay set through that point.
I can see how a little trigger work can really improve your accuracy.
I would next like to try some 195 ammo and see how that goes. I will eventually try some EA stuff, but right now thats a little dear for me and my experience level.
I did join a pistol club and a few members have a 57 as well, I'm sure I can glean some more advice as I get to know the folks.
Anyway, I'm really enjoying shooting this pistol. I also have Ruger single six 22, Seecamp 32, Ruger LC9, S&W 357 mag., and Grampas 1940 Colt 1911A1.
Thanks!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: NEWB after the first 200 rds.

Post by blueorison » 25 Mar 2012, 18:50

bagabonz wrote:Hello to all. I'm a new 57 owner and would like to thank the group for all the info found so far in the search and research here. It's hard to find a question not already covered many times or not currently under dissection.
I purchased a used pistol on Gunbroker that was in near new condition. I would only be guessing how many rounds went through it before me but probably at least 4-500.
I have had zero failures so far with 200 rounds of 197 fired. The gun has performed flawlessly as far as feed and ejection. I am a novice shooter and found the 57 to be simple to operate and extremely well thought out and executed.
I was not accurate at all with it the first time out. This was partially due to it needing some sight adjustments for me, and my in-experience in grip and stance. I am still looking for a natural and comfortable posture. Everything was low and left of center. I was all over the place.
The second time out was this morning and I really took my time. I shot 3-4 rounds and adjusted the sights. I repeated this for 50 rounds. I was finally able to get some reasonable groups at 10 yards. The next 50 rounds, I concentrated on stance and grip. Things improved greatly when I was able to keep my left thumb firm along the left side below the slide, and maintain a good picture throughout the pull. Finding the spot in the pull just before it goes bang and being able to stay set through that point.
I can see how a little trigger work can really improve your accuracy.
I would next like to try some 195 ammo and see how that goes. I will eventually try some EA stuff, but right now thats a little dear for me and my experience level.
I did join a pistol club and a few members have a 57 as well, I'm sure I can glean some more advice as I get to know the folks.
Anyway, I'm really enjoying shooting this pistol. I also have Ruger single six 22, Seecamp 32, Ruger LC9, S&W 357 mag., and Grampas 1940 Colt 1911A1.
Thanks!
Welcome, bag!

Your experience sounds like a very fun and learning one. I'm sure that you will be able to find an experienced shooter at your club to help you with your learning process to becoming a better shooter.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM, but you sound like a very capable person who does use the search function and likes to do his own work instead of relying on others. My kinda person!

Keep updating us on your journey, we'd love to hear of it. :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 26 Mar 2012, 19:12

Welcome to the asylum.

Drago

Post by Drago » 27 Mar 2012, 16:32

Hello from Louisiana!
Been wanting a five seven for years, just bought a ODG with adjustable sights that someone bought and put 40 rounds through then desided they didn't like it. He said he couldn't hit anything with it. I don't know which gun he was shooting but it wasn't this one. This thing would be surgical with trigger work, I love it.

This my five seven... there are many like it... but this is mine....

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 27 Mar 2012, 18:22

Drago wrote:Hello from Louisiana!
Been wanting a five seven for years, just bought a ODG with adjustable sights that someone bought and put 40 rounds through then desided they didn't like it. He said he couldn't hit anything with it. I don't know which gun he was shooting but it wasn't this one. This thing would be surgical with trigger work, I love it.

This my five seven... there are many like it... but this is mine....
Welcome to the asylum Drago and as for the FsN, his loss is your gain!!!!

bagabonz

Post by bagabonz » 28 Mar 2012, 08:39

Drago,
I think I know the gentleman you bought from. First name starts with an H right? He and I purchased the same weekend but I live in Calif.
so had the 10 day wait. My groups were as bad as his until I sighted it in for me and got used to the feel a bit better. I agree on the trigger as well.
Might do the accurizing at EA eventually.
Patience young skywalker...

Drago

Post by Drago » 28 Mar 2012, 11:14

bagabonz wrote:Drago,
I think I know the gentleman you bought from. First name starts with an H right? He and I purchased the same weekend but I live in Calif.
so had the 10 day wait. My groups were as bad as his until I sighted it in for me and got used to the feel a bit better. I agree on the trigger as well.
Might do the accurizing at EA eventually.
Patience young skywalker...
That's him, nice guy, small world. Trigger is not bad (shot worse) but it could be so much better, too bad EA can't work 5.7's year around. Thinking about seeing if my local guy wants to give it a try.

brianz

Post by brianz » 28 Mar 2012, 19:19

Well ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say "Hello". I have been lurking off and on for a while and just recently got the chance to get an FsN. Unfortunately it appears as though I'm losing my next three days off so co-workers can be with their wives while they have babies (damn selfish if you ask me) so it will be a few days before I am able to get to the range. I suppose in the long run it's okay. I can just take the over time and put it towards ammo.
I haven't joined the pay section (I will get around to it one of these days) but even without that access I must say the wealth of information is astounding. Thanks to all those who have helped put it here and I hope to contribute a little over time.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 28 Mar 2012, 21:05

Welcome :)
Shoot more, worry less.

boll weevil

Post by boll weevil » 31 Mar 2012, 04:26

Hello all-
Just bought my first 5.7 after much of deliberation. I should have done it year ago.....

About me, former army current LEO and complete gear queer. (Can people still say that in this PC world?) Instead of the usual mid life crisis of a Harley and a 19 year old blonde, I opted for the LWRC, TAD and 5.7 route....

Looking forward to learning more about my shiney new toy.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 31 Mar 2012, 06:11

A) Welcome to the forum and your new obsession!
B) I think you will find that there are ONLY politically correct people here, so be careful
C) There's nothing wrong with getting an FsN AND a hot young blonde.

I'm just sayin'...

EDIT: you're new so you should probably know that this is the sarcasm font...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Jxone

New Owner Of A Five Seven

Post by Jxone » 25 Apr 2012, 10:16

What up fellas
Newbie to the forum and to the five seven.
Bought it on Sunday at a gun show.
Been drooling over it for about 8 months now
and finally got the money to buy one. Haven't shot it yet.
But can't wait until I do.

Hope to learn more about it on this forum.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: New Owner Of A Five Seven

Post by blueorison » 25 Apr 2012, 20:14

Jxone wrote:What up fellas
Newbie to the forum and to the five seven.
Bought it on Sunday at a gun show.
Been drooling over it for about 8 months now
and finally got the money to buy one. Haven't shot it yet.
But can't wait until I do.

Hope to learn more about it on this forum.
Welcome, dude!

Glad you will soon have a lot of fun, happy for ya.

If you have any questions that you can't find answers to in the Forum Wiki or Tactical Search or Google, send me a PM and I'll do my best to help out :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Prucrustinator

Post by Prucrustinator » 02 May 2012, 13:32

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been lurking around the forum for a while, and finally got my chance to pick up a Five-seveN today. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to take it out til this weekend. Just an interesting observation. It is new, and with the square trigger guard is obviously a USG model. However, it came with a fired casing from the factory with a note stating the model is F.S IOM. I know there was some mislabeling during the transition, but I find it humorous that this many years later they are still misidentifying the models.

HarleySteve

Post by HarleySteve » 05 May 2012, 10:15

Hello All,

I have lurked around this forum for a few months. I took the plunge and ordered my first FN, a PS90 earlier this week. It should be here sometime next week. I have a few other guns, but this is the first FN I have owned. I did carry a FN manufactured M4 during at my last post before I retired from the Army last year. I have most of the essential firearms, and now that shouldn't have to move around much anymore I am starting to collect the fun toys, it seems like FN has some of the cooler toys on the market. I really should have ordered my PS90 years ago when ammo was plentiful and prices were better. It has been a real chore this week tracking down SS197 piecemeal. Next on the list will be a FiveSeven as soon as I save up some more S&H Green Stamps.

Thanks for creating this forum,
Steve