Is your weapon collection complete?

General discussion.
ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 15:47

I know many on here have limitless knowledge about various weapons and probably have a limitless wishlist. But my focus is more narrow and today I feel like I have just about everything I want.

FsN, PS90

Classic AK, tactical-looking Arsenal AK, Vepr 308 (with a nice pile of custom 20rd mags)

Really nice M44 Mosin Nagant

Ruger 10/22 takedown

9mm, 10mm, 7.62x25mm Tokarev handguns

3 Ar's (FDE, OD, and black) (PSA, Colt, Sig)

Savage 110 BA Lapua

Mossberg pistol shottie with that spooky-looking breaching muzzle.




DAMMIT, upon writing this I just realized another gun I MUST have one day.... the VEPR 12 Gauge..


Okay, I'm back to feeling unsatisfied.. :(
Last edited by ShockedNKansas on 29 Jul 2013, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by fd57 » 29 Jul 2013, 18:00

No wheel guns?

Missing out.

Image

Fridge Raptor
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 17:42
Location: Lancaster, Pennsyltucky

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by Fridge Raptor » 29 Jul 2013, 18:04

I've got a nice little collection. I told my old lady I was done adding to my collection but...
I've decided That I need a keltec KSG, a cheytac, PS90 and an AR10. After that I should be done.
The chey is more of a wish list item since I can't justify the price tag without buying the old lady a new car at the same time.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 18:17

fd57 wrote:No wheel guns?

Missing out.

Image
Highly reliable, but for some reason I just have no desire to own them. My dad has a bunch of wheel guns. I always tell him to trade them in for something "cooler". I will say this, if you want a S&W 500, there is only one type of gun that can handle that round. I think if I were to buy a wheel gun, it would be for a S&W 500.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 18:20

Oops, forgot to include my Yugo M57 Tokarev.

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by fd57 » 29 Jul 2013, 18:31

ShockedNKansas wrote: Highly reliable, but for some reason I just have no desire to own them. My dad has a bunch of wheel guns. I always tell him to trade them in for something "cooler". I will say this, if you want a S&W 500, there is only one type of gun that can handle that round. I think if I were to buy a wheel gun, it would be for a S&W 500.
Yes, reliable. And also equally important, easy to work on. And finally, won't fail to fire like many semi-automatics when pressed against something. :)

S&W 500? You'd be better off investing elsewhere. A monster truck is fun, but maybe once around town and here and there on the trails. But not an every day driver, date vehicle, market runner, etc. The S&W 500 is beyond overkill, and many will say it's no fun beyond a few rounds. Mainly the decibels, but also the recoil. And in the dark you may go blind.

The .454casull is much better round than the 500.

Here? The .41magnum is the king of the wheel guns.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 18:43

If you notice by my past purchases, practicality is not a prerequisite for me buying a firearm. I am kind of weird. I prefer to buy things that are unusual. The kind of guy that would choose a FiveseveN as his carry piece is not a practical man. lol

I would buy a 500 because it is unusual, one of the biggest, baddest, etc. Your 41 mag is pretty cool because it is unusual (to me).

N4TAB-Tom
Junior Member
Posts: 29
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 11:39
Location: NC

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by N4TAB-Tom » 29 Jul 2013, 19:48

Golly, Gee Whillikers, Mister, why would I list my stuff in a public venue?

JMO, Sir..

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 20:47

You have a point, a conspiracy-laden point, but one that I did take into consideration before I posted. If the black helicopter man wants to swoop in and take my guns, he is sure welcome to try.

Molon Labe and all that jazz. :)

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by flyingirish04 » 29 Jul 2013, 21:47

ShockedNKansas wrote:
fd57 wrote:No wheel guns?

Missing out.

Image
Highly reliable, but for some reason I just have no desire to own them. My dad has a bunch of wheel guns. I always tell him to trade them in for something "cooler". I will say this, if you want a S&W 500, there is only one type of gun that can handle that round. I think if I were to buy a wheel gun, it would be for a S&W 500.
There are several firearms out now that shoot 500SW. All of them can handle the round.

But I carry a 454 Alaskan for bear defense. It is small enough to care without issue and powerful enough to stop a large bruin charge. And though painful after twenty rounds or so, it is very shootable, particularly if you plink with 45LC.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 30 Jul 2013, 09:27

flyingirish04 wrote:
There are several firearms out now that shoot 500SW. All of them can handle the round.

But I carry a 454 Alaskan for bear defense. It is small enough to care without issue and powerful enough to stop a large bruin charge. And though painful after twenty rounds or so, it is very shootable, particularly if you plink with 45LC.
I did not know that there are more guns shooting the 500.

One odd question: Do you think the development of the specific .454 and .460 caliber pistol round was influenced by the two american car manufacturer's big block engine displacements? You know, the 460 Ford and 454 Chevy. It seems hard to imagine that the designers choosing that exact caliber would coincidentally match the top "big blocks" of Ford and Chevy.

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by flyingirish04 » 30 Jul 2013, 13:15

I'm pretty sure Dick Casull was a MOPAR guy.


No, seriously, I have no idea.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by fd57 » 30 Jul 2013, 13:22

ShockedNKansas wrote:If you notice by my past purchases, practicality is not a prerequisite for me buying a firearm. I am kind of weird. I prefer to buy things that are unusual. The kind of guy that would choose a FiveseveN as his carry piece is not a practical man. lol

I would buy a 500 because it is unusual, one of the biggest, baddest, etc. Your 41 mag is pretty cool because it is unusual (to me).
The .41magnum cartridge is an odd-ball, much like the 5.7x28mm cartridge. A real sleeper. Light loads like a .357 and heavy loads like a .44magnum all within the .41magnum's grasp. Many black bear guides (for hunting) carry firearms chambered in the .41magnum cartridge. Often described as .44magnum ballistics with .357 handling (recoil).

Image

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by flyingirish04 » 30 Jul 2013, 13:41

41 Mag is a cool cartridge indeed.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 30 Jul 2013, 15:46

fd57 wrote: The .41magnum cartridge is an odd-ball, much like the 5.7x28mm cartridge. A real sleeper. Light loads like a .357 and heavy loads like a .44magnum all within the .41magnum's grasp. Many black bear guides (for hunting) carry firearms chambered in the .41magnum cartridge. Often described as .44magnum ballistics with .357 handling (recoil).
I've heard that 10mm ammo loaded to its potential is very similar to .41 mag.

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by flyingirish04 » 30 Jul 2013, 16:06

ShockedNKansas wrote:
fd57 wrote: The .41magnum cartridge is an odd-ball, much like the 5.7x28mm cartridge. A real sleeper. Light loads like a .357 and heavy loads like a .44magnum all within the .41magnum's grasp. Many black bear guides (for hunting) carry firearms chambered in the .41magnum cartridge. Often described as .44magnum ballistics with .357 handling (recoil).
I've heard that 10mm ammo loaded to its potential is very similar to .41 mag.
Close but not quite. Close to run of mill 41, but 41 has much more potential. I love the 10mm though.

I would say a 10mm gets as close to 41 Mag as a 280 Ackley gets to 7mm Rem Mag. Pretty darn close, but the 7 Mag loaded heavy can out muscle it.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

fd57
Senior Member
Posts: 772
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 14:13

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by fd57 » 30 Jul 2013, 18:45

ShockedNKansas wrote:I've heard that 10mm ammo loaded to its potential is very similar to .41 mag.
I've heard that I'm 6'2", 210lbs, and blonde hair. ;) ha ha

So that is said in jest because that is a common source of discussion - 10mm and .41magnum. They are similar in as much as a 1971 LT-1 engine is very similar to a 1971 Boss 351 engine. IE, they're both engines, and similar in size, but ultimately the Boss 351 punches the LT-1 back into dolly land. :)

500SWfan
Junior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:52
Location: Eastern Colorado

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by 500SWfan » 30 Jul 2013, 20:18

fd57 wrote: S&W 500? You'd be better off investing elsewhere. A monster truck is fun, but maybe once around town and here and there on the trails. But not an every day driver, date vehicle, market runner, etc. The S&W 500 is beyond overkill, and many will say it's no fun beyond a few rounds. Mainly the decibels, but also the recoil. And in the dark you may go blind.
Speak for yourself. :) I shoot a hundred rounds through one (or more) of my 500's every time I go shooting and love it. I don't shoot the Handi-Rifle (not pictured) without a shoulder pad, though. I did that once...uh...yeah...just once :facepalm:
Image

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by flyingirish04 » 30 Jul 2013, 22:10

That ES is not fun to shoot. I speak from experience. The long bbls are fine. Still worthless as a backcountry carry gun for me. Way too big.

I will say the BC PC gun you have does shoot very well. Great HG hunter.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

ShockedNKansas
Senior Member
Posts: 992
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 20:30
custom title: G0 SH0X

Re: Is your weapon collection complete?

Post by ShockedNKansas » 31 Jul 2013, 09:20

flyingirish04 wrote:That ES is not fun to shoot. I speak from experience. The long bbls are fine. Still worthless as a backcountry carry gun for me. Way too big.

I will say the BC PC gun you have does shoot very well. Great HG hunter.
To each his own. 500SWfan may just like pain. :) I will tell you this, I would like to see a video of the 500 snubbie going off at night. It would look like an explosion in your hand would it not?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests