FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!

General discussion.
Bones
custom title: Bones

FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!

Post by Bones » 02 May 2011, 14:25

:furious: FEDEXX sucks. They lost a pacage of 4 boxes of SS190. The claim has been ongoing for over 3 weeks now. I called them today again 6th time :furious: They informed me that they now needed proof of the value! What the hell was the point in paying for the insurance? FEDEX SUCKS.....NEVER EVER NEVER AGAIN! :furious: Everything has been going UPS now with out a hitch even though it is more expensive you can see it every step of the way :thumb: ....We have a 5.7 member that has been very understanding and is the greatest. My hat off to you sir :D

Word from the pissed of F### Fedex :evil:

Young Guns

Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!

Post by Young Guns » 02 May 2011, 14:44

sorry about that man. i have had nothing but good dealings with them. i ship snakes via FEDEX and so far so good. after your experience though, i can definitely see why you would want to not use them again. hope you get your ammo soon man.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 02 May 2011, 14:53

Wow.
Sounds about right. They do wrong, then want you to prove the value of the item you ship.
Bastards.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 02 May 2011, 14:55

The burden of proof is on them to prove value. You marked it accordingly. You had no control over them losing it. Call them again and say that unless something is done, you are contacting an attorney.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 02 May 2011, 14:57

Show them the Gunbroker prices, not yours :p

Bones

Post by Bones » 02 May 2011, 15:30

I did. Then they wanted a copy of the check sent to me. WTF :evil: . All I can say is I am glad I was talking with someone over the phone :D I really am thankful for the guy I shipped it to. He has been a huge help and has offered to speak with FEDEX and still has a copy of the postal money order that I can provide to them as well. Really :furious: What is the purpose of paying insurance? Not only that but They are suppose to handle claims with in 5 days. Its been 3 weeks. I did however ship replacements to him but now my loss is double :facepalm: UPS has been great so far! I get emails as soon as everyone gets the goodies and they can even see them every step of the way! Go Brown :clap:

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 02 May 2011, 18:32

They are in the wrong for not paying. The burden of prove is on them.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 May 2011, 18:38

Fly, remember when they sent your outgoing package back to you? :laugh:

I think I'd go the Flying Irish route, talk to an attorney just to see what, if anything, they can do. As long as the consult is free. :D
This 3 weeks stunt is BS. Personally, I think you should only have to supply the tracking number & proof that you bought the insurance for whatever amount, the rest is on them. But I am not a lawyer :?:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 04 May 2011, 04:39

Does it really matter what was in the box, form of payment or even value if you paid for insurance up to $X amount? I mean hell you can send a box of air and insure it and if THEY lose it they need to cover the insurance value. Isn't that what it's for? Granted not for sending air, but you know what I mean. A receipt showing a tracking number and proof of insurance is all that SHOULD be needed. Now if you didn't pay for insurance and wanted them to pay I could see them makin you jump through hoops (not that they would pay, but I would understand the hassle they would make you go through).

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 04 May 2011, 05:57

Oh, snap! Rapier, I forgot about that!
Yeah.
They did, didn't they.
I had reused an OLD box. It was like...what? Six years old? I sent it out and THEY said, 'no worries' cuz I couldn't remove their old label, and their delivery guy marked through the old label and instead of putting the new label OVER the old one, he put the new label on the other side.
A few days later, the box is sitting on my front porch.
I'm totally like, WTF?! I called them and damned if they didn't want to CHARGE ME AGAIN! I got a wee bit hostile on the phone and they quickly backtracked. They picked it up and made it right, but it took a few extra days to get it shipped out.
And it was a heavy package too. What was it? Bullets or...something. Yeah...I think it was like a thousand count of .224 solid cores or something, wasn't it? I don't remember now. Small and heavy is all I remember.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 06:29

I have been having trouble at my plant getting packages from FEDEX lately. It is like they put a memo out after the new year to tell all their employees to suck at their job. They have missed packages on pick-up, delivered later than guaranteed delivery times, and now the did one better:

Without authorization, the driver started not even trying to deliver, but instead marking the packages for pick up at the FEDEX Terminal. Furthermore, they didn't even contact us that there were packages waiting!!!!!!

When asked about it to the driver, who showed up yesterday after I called about the status of the packages, he said 'my route doesn't get me to you guys till after 5 and I get dinged for having a "bad route"'. I told him that is your problem, I am the customer, figure it out and deliver during normal working hours. Either that or send it to UPS and pay for them to deliver, because they don't have your issues. I also told him that I would contacting his supervisor and saying I don't appreciate when a driver comes and whines about him not doing his job, which I did. Add another 'ding'. I also told the supervisor that I never authorized non-deliveries, so why was our account put on those terms. I told him I don't care what you have to do, just deliver the packages and if I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't have any.

I went to college with the son of an exec at FEDEX. I know him and his dad really well. I have half a mind to give them a call about this. What I have done though is told my plant to use UPS as much as possible from now on.

jsedwards25

Post by jsedwards25 » 04 May 2011, 07:05

You know, if *I* were FedEx I'd probably be a whole lot more accommodating to folks that are dealing in the transfer of large quantities of ammunition....

Jus' sayin'....

firestorm248
Gold Member

Post by firestorm248 » 04 May 2011, 07:13

UPS honestly isnt much better, when I had an issue and filed a complaint I was told I would be contacted after 24-48 hours, a month and a half later they finally called.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 07:16

Never ever had a single problem with UPS. I have had lost packages, I have had missed deliveries, and they have always done everything to right the wrong. I once lost a personal package I had ensured for $200 bucks. I filed the claim on it, I had the money in my bank account 2 weeks later. One time we were waiting for a part and the driver came in 10 minutes before we openned the gate. We called UPS, they contacted the driver on his cell to turn around and drop it off. At least with the UPS facitily here, they are whipping FEDEX's butt.

romer522

Post by romer522 » 04 May 2011, 11:39

flyingirish04 wrote:Never ever had a single problem with UPS. I have had lost packages, I have had missed deliveries, and they have always done everything to right the wrong. I once lost a personal package I had ensured for $200 bucks. I filed the claim on it, I had the money in my bank account 2 weeks later. One time we were waiting for a part and the driver came in 10 minutes before we openned the gate. We called UPS, they contacted the driver on his cell to turn around and drop it off. At least with the UPS facitily here, they are whipping FEDEX's butt.

UPS lost me when they confirmed that while they can track a 3"x3"x3" down to the truck with time/date stamps, they are capable of literally losing 4'x4' 6 foot tall pallet, not call to tell me its lost, take 3 days to find it, then miss their delivery "appointment" only to have it show up with 900lbs of random crap fallen on it damaging the contents.

Its important to differentiate between fedex express, and fedex ground. I would use UPS ground over fedex ground in a heartbeat, but if I care about my shipment at all it goes 3 day saver via fedex express. No problems ever with Fedex express.

Really when you break it down, use every option for what its original intent was because its what they do best. USPS for mail, UPS for ground shipping, Fedex Express for air shipments, and a proper freight company for freight.

Krull

Post by Krull » 04 May 2011, 11:44

Yea FedEx.....

My Polish 1960 AK had a cracked receiver when I bought it (I should have payed attention) so I called Century and they gave me a number and said "send it back" so I went to the FedEx center here since they're open at hours I can make when I'm out getting supplies-[profanity] charged me almost $100 to send the thing! :furious:

Then they took for [profanity]ever to get it to me! I was ready to call the ATF and tell them the idiots at FedEx may have lost a gun! :facepalm:

After that I have zero use for them,they run the joint like an epileptic Micky Mouse with a serious brain injury....
Last edited by blueorison on 04 May 2011, 18:27, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Warning issued. Don't cuss on open forums. Smile! :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2011, 11:51

I've had problems with Fedex express too - cost me two extra days of work because they didn't get my package 200miles in a day. Hell, I offered to go get it but they wouldn't let me - "No, it will be here." No it wasn't :furious:

But I think everyone has their problems. The only reason I have had so many problems with FedEx is because they are the ones that the companies I worked for liked to use. Any time we used UPS, it was for non priority packages. If it was late a day or two, who cares?

No matter which company you use, someone will have had problems with it.

Bones

Post by Bones » 04 May 2011, 12:09

Guess what guys and gals. They still have not fixed the issue. They suck. I paid for insurance. W T F. I am really glad the other member was cool headed about it and I did send him a replacement bu5 now my loss is double. :wall: UPS has been great by being able to see the package every step of the way and email notifications as soon as it ships with all the details and as soon as it arrives. I'm really pissed that I jumped through all their hoops for 3 weeks now and still nothing. Not even a call. :furious: FedEx promised the claim would be handled in 5 days. I guess the 5 days are a collective of them working on it 5 min one day, 2 min the next and so on. They f n suck!

Bones

Post by Bones » 09 May 2011, 03:18

Okay it took over a month :facepalm: but Fedex just settled and sent out a check :clap:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 09 May 2011, 08:58

Hmmm, must have been a typo then. Weeks instead of days, nice :wall:

aimstylus

Post by aimstylus » 10 May 2011, 09:52

Odd, I've had the exact opposite with Fedex. Perhaps it's the area...

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 10 May 2011, 10:21

I have had more better experiences then bad with FedEx. And we ship to the lower 48 States. It happens all over in my experiences.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SoCal Gunner
custom title: WTF

Post by SoCal Gunner » 11 May 2011, 13:06

flyingirish04 wrote:I have been having trouble at my plant getting packages from FEDEX lately. It is like they put a memo out after the new year to tell all their employees to suck at their job. They have missed packages on pick-up, delivered later than guaranteed delivery times, and now the did one better:

Without authorization, the driver started not even trying to deliver, but instead marking the packages for pick up at the FEDEX Terminal. Furthermore, they didn't even contact us that there were packages waiting!!!!!!

When asked about it to the driver, who showed up yesterday after I called about the status of the packages, he said 'my route doesn't get me to you guys till after 5 and I get dinged for having a "bad route"'.
I cannot believe the similarities, down to the timing, with your post and my experience with UPS at my workplace.

UPS bastard started shipping stuff back saying either "bad address" or no response 3 days in a row. Keep in mind, this is a place of business with regular hours that they've been delivering to for 25+ years!