looking for a FNC sear

Forum for discussing NFA firearms and accessories such as suppressors, SBR and full-auto goodies.
wellcraft

looking for a FNC sear

Post by wellcraft » 02 Jan 2012, 09:50

I've been entertaining the idea of having my semi-auto FNC converted to full auto since i've saved a few pennies and it looks like getting my FNC converted would be the cheapest route to to class III compared to buying a Ruger AC556 or vector UZI. if anyone knows a source for a FNC sear and who does good conversion work please let me know. i checked out curtis higgens webpage but he doesn't have any more sears although he still does conversion work. i know FNC parts are hard to come by so I'd also be interested in knowing what parts break and a source if any for spare parts. when i bought my FNC several years ago it came with an extra firing pin and spring. thanks and Happy New Year to all.

FNtacticalNUT
custom title: GOOD ole VIRGINIA

Re: looking for a FNC sear

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 02 Jan 2012, 14:14

I believe that you can just buy a new Lower for the SCAR from a Class 3 dealer. They should be able to buy it. A buddy of mine did that and it cycled fine.

Eliga24

Post by Eliga24 » 06 Jan 2012, 23:11

Whenever I research FNC sears, the source usually claims there are more FNC sears than guns in the country. Yet the sears cost $3k.

Based on the logic of supply and demand, shouldn't FNC sears be nearly free? The only other logical explanation is that some day, in the future... more FNC semi-autos will arrive and/or somebody will somehow build up FNCs from kits that will also some day arrive in the future.

Or heck someone will just go to town and build a domestic FNC.

Am I missing something? Is the value of FNC sears pretty much based on some future supply of FNCs materializing in the US? I assume you couldn't just create any gun with the same trigger pack as an FNC and use the sear.

Now if FNC sears were almost free, maybe the value of semi auto FNCs would be $6k, who knows.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 07 Jan 2012, 13:50

FNtacticalNUT wrote:I believe that you can just buy a new Lower for the SCAR from a Class 3 dealer. They should be able to buy it. A buddy of mine did that and it cycled fine.
First, the FNC and SCAR aren't the same gun.

And second, mo you can't. The SCAR is not a NFA weapon. It was made after 1986 therefore it can't be class 3. Your buddy is lying to you, or he is a LEO and bought the Mk16/17 variant.
Last edited by flyingirish04 on 07 Jan 2012, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 07 Jan 2012, 13:52

Eliga24 wrote:Whenever I research FNC sears, the source usually claims there are more FNC sears than guns in the country. Yet the sears cost $3k.

Based on the logic of supply and demand, shouldn't FNC sears be nearly free? The only other logical explanation is that some day, in the future... more FNC semi-autos will arrive and/or somebody will somehow build up FNCs from kits that will also some day arrive in the future.

Or heck someone will just go to town and build a domestic FNC.

Am I missing something? Is the value of FNC sears pretty much based on some future supply of FNCs materializing in the US? I assume you couldn't just create any gun with the same trigger pack as an FNC and use the sear.

Now if FNC sears were almost free, maybe the value of semi auto FNCs would be $6k, who knows.
Short answer: Free market principles don't apply when government creates artificial scarcity with law like the NFA.

Also, not so sure the whole idea that there are that many sears is correct, at least not anymore. But I could be wrong.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

wellcraft

Post by wellcraft » 22 Jan 2012, 16:06

anyone ever heard of or done business with a Paul Dicataldo, from Woods Armament located in ST Petersburg, FL