New SBR

Forum for discussing NFA firearms and accessories such as suppressors, SBR and full-auto goodies.
pdfromwv

New SBR

Post by pdfromwv » 17 Jul 2011, 11:58

Well, after a nearly two (!) year wait to get the barrel (don't ask :furious: ) it's finally in.

I put a AR style flash hider on it to protect the threads (nice that it's compatible). It's topped with a Burris Fastfire 4 MOA dot sight. I got hand size groups at 100 yards firing from the bench. It would probably do better with a scope and/or a better shooter.

All in all, pretty happy after the long wait.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Re: New SBR

Post by Esteves » 17 Jul 2011, 12:17

Nice!

I know you said "don't ask", but why so long for the barrel?
--
S
© 2005-2017 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

pdfromwv

Post by pdfromwv » 18 Jul 2011, 06:51

I have no independent confirmation, but I was told that FN sued CMMG over the short barrels they were manufacturing. Something about CMMG not producing the rifling to FN's liking. Again, don't know how true that is.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 18 Jul 2011, 08:28

Nice! Any problem getting a sight picture with the dual mags?

I had a similar setup with mine, though using an after market rail as mine is the usg model. Never quite comfortable using the dual mags.

Which twist rate did you choose?

pdfromwv

Post by pdfromwv » 19 Jul 2011, 04:41

Wollychop wrote:Nice! Any problem getting a sight picture with the dual mags?

I had a similar setup with mine, though using an after market rail as mine is the usg model. Never quite comfortable using the dual mags.

Which twist rate did you choose?
If I don't use over-the-ear hearing protection the cheek weld and sight picture is fine with the dual mags. Otherwise earmuffs do interfere with the dual mag setup and I'll then I use a single mag setup.

Didn't get a choice with the twist rate, I assume it's a 1:7 twist as that's the only option listed on their website now.