red dot weight

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Never Enough

red dot weight

Post by Never Enough » 10 Dec 2010, 11:16

I am getting secure with the function of my 5.7 after a couple probably minor setbacks, anyhow now i am interested in a red dot sight.I understand Elite has the mount and the Burris Fastfire II is a good red dot without the big price, is this still the consensus ? My main question is about the weight of the red dot on the slide , does it work well with any of the 5.7 ammo and would you suggest a lighter or heavier spring ? I tried the search, hope i did not miss this particular interest ,1.6 oz just seems like a lot of weight. Any input is appreciated

PearlMonte
custom title: Danger Is My Busines

Re: red dot weight

Post by PearlMonte » 10 Dec 2010, 13:28

Mine shoots likes nothing is mounted, I have the True Hunter Supply Mount... I Love Myne !!! :thumb:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 10 Dec 2010, 13:44

Both mounts work great. With EA you get back up iron sights and you have more customizable options with the rails. Rob's mount is customed for each different sight, so if you want a new sight you will have to buy a new mount. But you really don't need a new sight, so it is a non-issue. Burris FF II combo is a great deal from Rob.

I have communicated much with EA and Rob and they are straight up great people, no questions, hands down. I would not risk my hiney recommending Rob now that I wear EA's ringer, but they obviously are two great custom mount producers.

If you use EA's you can mount the FFII on your rail and then quickly remove it and mount it on your rifle for back up reflex sights. Make sure you loctite any mount you use.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Never Enough

Post by Never Enough » 10 Dec 2010, 17:41

Thanks for the input, I like the idea of back up sights and options with the EA product. Is it just me or does it look like the Burris Fastfire II would sit closer to the slide with the True Hunter Supply mount, I like how the Burris FF II sits so close like on PearlMonte"s 5.7, but then with pictures like that he could make dirt look good. If someone could post the dimensions from top of slide to bottom of Burris FF II for the two different mounts it would make me happy and I might hush for a little while. Thanks

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 10 Dec 2010, 22:25

2.5oz is about the max.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

truehuntersupply

Post by truehuntersupply » 10 Dec 2010, 23:03

With either setup you will not even know its mounted. Its super light.
http://truehuntersupply1.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are pics with my camera.

Thanks
Robert

FIVE2NV

Post by FIVE2NV » 13 Dec 2010, 09:19

I can tell you that the Nikko I just got from True Hunter is VERY light but very well made. I was shocked to see how well built and light it is.

jcoetzee

Post by jcoetzee » 13 Dec 2010, 11:23

I have to admit that 5.7 looks bad. I have one aswell and would like to do a set up like that. So exactly what do I need to buy to set mine up like that and whats that gonna put me back.

Thanks

Never Enough

Post by Never Enough » 13 Dec 2010, 13:43

jcoetzee click on the post from truehuntersupply it will tell you what you need, Robert was very helpful with his post