FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Apr 2010, 12:03

owsi26 wrote:Mine has none of those features but does have the 3861 serial number that I thought it was said to indicate a tactical model. The photo below the tactical doesn't show a rounded trigger guard. I'll look again; Maybe I missed something.

owsi26

Post by owsi26 » 22 Apr 2010, 21:06

f3rr37 wrote:
owsi26 wrote:Mine has none of those features but does have the 3861 serial number that I thought it was said to indicate a tactical model. The photo below the tactical doesn't show a rounded trigger guard. I'll look again; Maybe I missed something.

That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 23 Apr 2010, 07:51

owsi26 wrote:That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.
Then you probably have a USG with fixed sights, which is a much newer model than what was pictured.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

owsi26

Post by owsi26 » 24 Apr 2010, 08:27

Esteves wrote:
owsi26 wrote:That photo shows a trigger guard different from mine. Mine is straight on the bottom portion of the trigger guard. That is not the case for the one indicating what a tactical model looks like.
Then you probably have a USG with fixed sights, which is a much newer model than what was pictured.

Actually, no. My rear sight is adjustable. Well, whatever it is, I like it!

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 24 Apr 2010, 08:41

Then it's just a regular old USG. Should be exactly like one of the three posted on the first page.

[img3=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ ... 0004mb.png[/img3]

FDE:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0129mb.png[/img3]

ODG:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0128mb.png[/img3]

owsi26

Post by owsi26 » 24 Apr 2010, 21:39

ynoty3k wrote:Then it's just a regular old USG. Should be exactly like one of the three posted on the first page.

[img3=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ ... 0004mb.png[/img3]

FDE:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0129mb.png[/img3]

ODG:
[img3=30]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/f3 ... 0128mb.png[/img3]

It must be, it looks like the top photo. Wow, it's old and I haven't shot it yet! I have had it for perhaps a year and a half to two years.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 26 Apr 2010, 00:37

You must've gotten it when it first came out, then. It's the newest variant, sans the variant of the USG with fixed sights.

How have you not shot a gun you've bought...for 2 yrs..
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 26 Apr 2010, 07:53

blueorison wrote:You must've gotten it when it first came out, then. It's the newest variant, sans the variant of the USG with fixed sights.

How have you not shot a gun you've bought...for 2 yrs..
Wait blue, you shoot your guns?? Don't they get dirty?!

owsi26

Post by owsi26 » 26 Apr 2010, 08:10

I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm disabled thanks to a drunk driver hitting me doing 45-50MPH while I was sitting at a red light. Even worse was that I had leaned way forward to adjust the radio when he hit me. I was strapped in but it didn't help much.

To shorten this, I've had two neck surgeries for 2 of the 3 (4 new ones since then) ruptured discs. I also made contact with 100,000 volts that came in my right arm, out my left hand and mid-thigh on my right leg. I developed a muscle disease that affects both arms, my right leg, yet my left leg is fine. I know the shock caused this disease that is slowly progressing.

I've been unable to work since my second neck surgery, not so much because of that (but the surgery didn't help the excruciating pain) but the muscle disease progressed until I had to use a cane. Plus I remained in
severe pain and it has increased through the years.

I have to take a lot of medications that make me very sleepy. BUT, If I cancel my membership, it would be admitting that I'll never shoot again and I'm stubborn. Also' I don't have anyone to shoot with. I've even done the unthinkable: carrying for SD when I haven't even shot it. That includes the Five Seven.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 26 Apr 2010, 15:18

owsi26 wrote:I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm disabled thanks to a drunk driver hitting me doing 45-50MPH while I was sitting at a red light. Even worse was that I had leaned way forward to adjust the radio when he hit me. I was strapped in but it didn't help much.

To shorten this, I've had two neck surgeries for 2 of the 3 (4 new ones since then) ruptured discs. I also made contact with 100,000 volts that came in my right arm, out my left hand and mid-thigh on my right leg. I developed a muscle disease that affects both arms, my right leg, yet my left leg is fine. I know the shock caused this disease that is slowly progressing.

I've been unable to work since my second neck surgery, not so much because of that (but the surgery didn't help the excruciating pain) but the muscle disease progressed until I had to use a cane. Plus I remained in

I have to take a lot of medications that make me very sleepy. BUT, If I cancel my membership, it would be admitting that I'll never shoot again and I'm stubborn. Also' I don't have anyone to shoot with. I've even done the unthinkable: carrying for SD when I haven't even shot it. That includes the Five Seven.

Perhaps within even our darkest moments, we forget that others are there with us, to offer a knowing smile.

May you be blessed with the tolerance to deal with the pain, and the continued perspective of life that maintains your principles. I may not be privvy to your life or a good friend to your past, but your words speak of someone who always tries to do what's right.

I respect that, a lot. :)
Last edited by blueorison on 27 Apr 2010, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot more, worry less.

owsi26

Post by owsi26 » 27 Apr 2010, 05:40

That was very elequent and kind. Were those your remarks or something I should remember from school?!

I meant to say something else. With taking strong muscle relaxers, I can walk unaided - until I broke my right foot in Jan., doc said I did the worst thing possible to my foot. Broke 2 bones, dislocated 2 more and tore a ligament loose. He said It should be recovered by july but I'll have to wear an orthopedic device for the rest of my life. Naturally, it was my right foot - the leg that has problems.

My luck isn't good lately. I was in the bathroom and I heard the phone ring. Thinking it might be in regards to my dental appt. today, I rushed to the phone and my right foot got caught and I crashed to the floor injuring my right foot, right knee (it needs artifical knee and twisted my lower back - where I have another ruptured disc.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get us off topic; I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate the nice remarks.

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 10 May 2010, 09:51

Anyone in the Philly area that ever wants a buddy to go to the range with, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm there for ya. ;)

bpasky

Post by bpasky » 14 Jun 2010, 12:14

Anyone see they added an All Black FiveseveN?

Outlaw54

Post by Outlaw54 » 09 Jul 2010, 19:03

owsi26 wrote:I was afraid that I would be asked that. I have more handguns that I haven't fired, yet I pay over $200 a year for a shooting range, hunting and fishing rights, etc., but I haven't been there in years. It took a long time waiting for an opening so I would hate toose my spot.

I'm sorry to hear this, I suffer from chronic pain and will be having a knee replacement soon from playing football too long, so I feel some of your pain. Don't ever give up or give in, you are truly an inspiration to those of us with far minor injuries :(

tampaslice

Post by tampaslice » 01 Mar 2011, 22:46

I have the Olive Drab Green model and my buddy has the Flat Dark Earth model. We both use as our Conceal/carry weapons.

Adjuster

Post by Adjuster » 03 May 2011, 09:17

The FDE just said "Buy Me!"

Screamed it more like it.... :)

Too bad they don't have the PS90 USG in FDE. (I know, paint is only a rattle can away.)

SIRUS
custom title: Sirus

Post by SIRUS » 15 Jun 2011, 10:27

I carry an all black model and it's nice :D The controls don't look like an after thought.... :ponder:
Tragedy is like lightening, you can usually see it before you can hear it.

Valorius
Banned
custom title: 5.7 proponent

Post by Valorius » 14 Sep 2011, 16:36

I would think an "urban grey" model would sell very well. Apparently FN disagrees, lol.

Wenzel

Post by Wenzel » 08 Nov 2011, 00:01

The Five-seven Tactical was introduced shortly after the original double-action only variant, as a single-action alternative. It had a short and light trigger pull of 2 to 3 daN (4.4 to 6.6 lbf), as on current models.[44] It also had the addition of an ambidextrous manual safety device (located on each side of the frame, as on current models), and a slide release.[44] Aside from these differences, the Tactical variant was identical to the original double-action only Five-seven. It was discontinued following the introduction of the IOM variant.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 08 Nov 2011, 19:06

Wenzel wrote:The Five-seven Tactical was introduced shortly after the original double-action only variant, as a single-action alternative. It had a short and light trigger pull of 2 to 3 daN (4.4 to 6.6 lbf), as on current models.[44] It also had the addition of an ambidextrous manual safety device (located on each side of the frame, as on current models), and a slide release.[44] Aside from these differences, the Tactical variant was identical to the original double-action only Five-seven. It was discontinued following the introduction of the IOM variant.
Please do not plagiarise, if you copy/paste something from another site, please provide a reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven#Variants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning issued.

WolfRulz

Post by WolfRulz » 08 Nov 2011, 20:40

I ordered a set of All Black Controls from FN (I don't like the Gray - personal preference). I received a partial order a month ago and still waiting for the other pieces before installing them all. I think it just looks better in black and an easy swap. Cost was under $20 (plus my labor).
Let the Zombies come . . . . .

Iyyob

Re: Serial numbers and dates

Post by Iyyob » 27 Dec 2011, 17:02

Esteves wrote:I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that FN used the Browning serial number/date scheme on the earlier FiveseveN variants. ( http://www.browning.com/customerservice ... /index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

In 1998 Browning redid the standardization of its serial number identifications to work with its new data base program, Oracle.
1. FiveseveN Type 386=All FiveseveN models

2. Date of Manufacture
is a two digit code Z=1
Y=2
X=3
W=4
V=5
T=6
R=7
P=8
N=9
M=0

3. Serial Number beginning with 01001 at the start of each year. [FN appears to start at 00001 each year.]

Serial
Number Example:
386MZ01001

This would be a FiveseveN pistol, manufactured in 2001 with the serial number 01001.

Theory, not definitive fact, but it seems to fit.
anyone figure out the serial number info ? i know this isnt correct for mine, it looks like a usg but on the metal stamped serial number on the rail my serial number states "38619XXXX " no letters only numbers

mrbjr

Post by mrbjr » 15 May 2012, 12:33

I know this is not correct for mine either, it looks like a USG but on the metal stamped serial number on the rail my serial number states "38623XXXX " no letters only numbers

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 17 May 2012, 18:48

The video gives a better "feel" for the differences in the prototype IOMs than some of the stills that have floated around.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 May 2012, 20:39

Thanks, Esteves!

It's also done by one of our members here, on our forum, who is known for giving back to and helping out the the FsN community :)
Shoot more, worry less.

lt3097

Post by lt3097 » 20 May 2012, 15:03

Does anybody know if the rear sight on the tactical model can be changed out for a fully adjustable rear sight ? If all else fails I was thinking about purchasing another slide with the adjustable sighjt and just changing them out. Any thoughts on this ?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 May 2012, 15:11

Elite Ammunition (EA) does sight conversions. They are a forum sponsor, banner is top center. Contact them for more info & here is their webpage for that kind of service (they have more to offer as well) http://www.eliteammunition.net/elite_services.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 20 May 2012, 17:55

Yes we can and it you don't need a new slide just some bits and a cover. I can also upgrade to night sights.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

JohnyVegas82

Post by JohnyVegas82 » 03 Jan 2013, 14:25

Need help guys! I'm trying to do research for my step-father's Five-seveN. After hours of searching for an answer online, I can't seem to find anything. His pistol seems to fall into some unspecified category between the original variant and the changes made on the tactical variant in that although there is a slide release, there is no safety on this gun. The serial number starts out 386MZ10XXX. I don't know if this was some mid-generation model made before the actual tactical version. He has both IOM and USG models as well, and this one is completely different from the others. It has a low profile fixed rear and front sight, but the logo is on the handle instead of underneath the slide as shown in the original post. Anyone out there with answers? Thanks!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jan 2013, 15:36

Pictures would help a lot. There is a 'how-to' linked in my sig line for posting pics if you need it.

JohnyVegas82

Post by JohnyVegas82 » 03 Jan 2013, 20:19

Thanks for the direction. Here are two pictures:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jan 2013, 20:47

Looks nearly identical to the one posted in this thread Nov 24, 2008 which was identified as an IOM Tactical

JohnyVegas82

Post by JohnyVegas82 » 03 Jan 2013, 20:55

Actually, it wasn't the one posted November 24, 2008, but looking at that page led me to two posts of the exact same model of this gun, which was identified as a variation on the DAO models. Thanks again for the help!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jan 2013, 22:30

Derp, no safety. Missed that. Glad you found it.

JohnyVegas82

Post by JohnyVegas82 » 03 Jan 2013, 22:35

The consensus seems to be from other's with the entire collection out there that it is the 2nd Generation DAO model. Just for anyone's future reference.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 30 Mar 2013, 14:19

Some pics of the Mk2 from FNH's website:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 30 Mar 2013, 15:49

You guys know I don't put looks as a priority, when purchasing firearms to shoot; that design is ugly and looks brashly put-together.

More importantly, at least the pictures of the adjustable sight models have better rear adjustable sights than the USG models.
Shoot more, worry less.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 06 May 2013, 20:59

I got to check out the MK2 at the NRA show. It looks and feels and is a lot better, in person.

I like it. The slide is definitely manufactured a lot sturdier and the sights are a huge improvement; I am never for the preference towards an adj sight using the bladed design vs the moving block.

I'm looking forward to testing the new pistol out.

The lower frame does have a taper, so it is not 100% a duplicate of the USG's. I did not have the chance to verify and compare it to the USG for other variances.
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 May 2013, 07:46

Wonder if it fits in the same holsters? Specifically the SERPA

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 07 May 2013, 08:12

It should.
Shoot more, worry less.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 12 May 2013, 17:01

TADA, behold, serrations! Also note the bevel at the front, akin to later generation Glocks.

<3

thanks to my USPSA friend who has a nice camera and was nice enough to take this picture for me.
Shoot more, worry less.

knifemaker

Post by knifemaker » 24 May 2013, 18:51

yep, the above pic is the exact model i just got.....and it will fit in the serpa holster, but the push-button lock will not lock in - it's wider right in front of the trigger guard (where the picatiny rail begins) than it's predeccessor, and the slide no longer tapers down - it's the same width from the rear to the muzzle(and the holster is obviously molded for the tapered slide)...so i guess i'm going to have to find a new holster now...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 May 2013, 20:53

Stands to reason it's thicker up front. That was a common failure point if you put to heavy of a accessory on the rail. Glad FNH beefed it up.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

knifemaker

Post by knifemaker » 25 May 2013, 17:20

Here's the pics of the M2, including letter from FN regarding use of SS195LF in five-seven.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94263282@N03/8835298944/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94263282@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94263282@N ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Third Strike

Post by Third Strike » 08 Sep 2013, 18:23

It took a little Dremel work (similar to what the dentist puts me through) on the inside of my Serpa, #18 USG Model, but I finally got the MKII to holster, lock-up, and release without any issue.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 08 Sep 2013, 19:10

Any chance you could tell/show us what you did please? Instructions to post pics linked in my sig line.

suomenarmeija

Re: FN FiveseveN Pistol Variants UPDATED

Post by suomenarmeija » 29 Jan 2014, 20:30

My pistol looks nearly exactly like this one.

FN Logo on Grip. Blank right side plate. Very close in serial number to this specimen.

UPDATE

The gun is as new in the original FN box. 2 Mags. Some paperwork inside. I confess that I have not shot it and neither did the previous owner. My guess is that it is nearly unfired...maybe 150 rounds max.

Wondering a value on it.

I'm getting ready to part with it due to some medical bills and hoped that the group could help make sure I don't get boondoggled.

Also, if anyone knows the best place to market this piece, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks, guys!

Tom

=

MC1

Post by MC1 » 15 Mar 2014, 07:31

I would be interested. I can By PM or email. I am also looking for a Tactical model. Pleas contact me if you have either model available for sale. Thank you.

Raul
Last edited by MC1 on 16 Mar 2014, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 Mar 2014, 15:01

MC1, we recommend that you don't post your phone number out in the open like that. Bots & spammers come through looking for stuff like that & you may end up on someone's calling list.
It would be best to just post that you are interested & invite them to PM you, then you can exchange phone numbers in private.

Good luck in your search.

MC1

Post by MC1 » 16 Mar 2014, 10:06

Thank you! You are right.

Raul

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Mar 2015, 16:54

Info update.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

CPTKILLER
custom title: CPT Killer

Post by CPTKILLER » 18 Mar 2015, 06:13

I'm pleased with my MKII. A new holster is on the way from Stealthgear USA.

Dinozaudio

Post by Dinozaudio » 25 Sep 2015, 18:48

I am having some difficulty being able to identify my 5.7 . I was hoping this board may have an idea of what I have . The Sn is in the correct place but has been stamped with an ampersand directly after it. I know this is from the factory and I am the first to register it. Hope you guys have a clue thanks for all the help

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 25 Sep 2015, 20:09

Do you have a picture?

How to post pics instructions are linked in my sig line.

Dinozaudio

Post by Dinozaudio » 26 Sep 2015, 06:20

https://goo.gl/photos/9C2XzZAqzJ7Xc35m9

I hope this works.I cant seem to figure the coding out.Thank you for all your help

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 27 Sep 2015, 14:32

Dinozaudio wrote:I am having some difficulty being able to identify my 5.7 . I was hoping this board may have an idea of what I have . The Sn is in the correct place but has been stamped with an ampersand directly after it. I know this is from the factory and I am the first to register it. Hope you guys have a clue thanks for all the help

Not an ampersand, it's Proof mark. There are a few on the pistol just like it. Just put up a pic of the pistol.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Sep 2015, 15:06

panzermk2 wrote:Just put up a pic of the pistol.
He posted a link to a pic. Whatever google's deal is, it doesn't play well with our forum. I tried to fix it but... Google is just too frakkin' "special" to play well with others.