FiveSeven Problems....

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: FiveSeven Problems....

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Oct 2010, 17:20

Never Enough wrote:I really like and depend on my Springfield Armory X D M 45 A C P wow what a firearm to brag on !
OH my old time shooting buddy Stu had the slide of his Springfield break in two at the back of the ejection port.

So much for the perfect Springfield.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 17 Oct 2010, 19:35

panzermk2 wrote:
Never Enough wrote:I really like and depend on my Springfield Armory X D M 45 A C P wow what a firearm to brag on !
OH my old time shooting buddy Stu had the slide of his Springfield break in two at the back of the ejection port.

So much for the perfect Springfield.
Have to agree with you, Panzer, about the VLTORS, on many occasions, you're dealing with a bunch of groupthink individualistic-less fanboys buying tacticool ARs without even knowing how to strip the weapon, even though ARs are so easy to completely strip down. All you need is a couple of wrenches and good torque.

Kimber slide cracked this week, at the match. Springfield, Para Ord., extractor went bye bye. My FsN? Polymer frame insanely high pressure handgun cartridge, no problems whatsoever.

I think it's just the act of marginalizing a "BRAND NAME" without even KNOWING how things work, that leads us into ignorance. But, please don't take it that I'm attacking anyone, I was actually referring to the people I shoot with, not my friends, but others, are VERY UN-KNOWLEDGEABLE about how their firearm system even OPERATES.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

HeavyDMP
custom title: AutoPistol Collector

Post by HeavyDMP » 17 Oct 2010, 20:58

HK/FN/COLT/REMINGTON FANBOY HERE...

My USP .45 has never let down. That gun has saved my ass from self inflicted danger at least 4 times so far.+P, HP,FMJ, +P frangible, my hottest reloads, wet and muddy, SAVES MY ASS. :clap: :agree:

No offense to anyone, but I lump XD's in the same class as S&W autos; ROUNDFILE! :furious: :wall: There is something about that Croatian gun that I just don't trust. My dad has one in 40SW and I'm just not impressed. Don't trust it, inacurate as all let out...

Can't go too wrong with a glock 17 either (mine is 2nd gen, flame away?)

Edit: Sorry long post; but interesting tidbit I just recalled:

About 4 months ago my buddy was going to his CCW qualie with his Sig 229 in .40sw. He has had the gun about 2 years and maybe put around 500 rounds through it. On his fith shot, (using reloads he bought at a gun show, in the gun's defense)( and to give you an idea of his inteligence level for that day at least) the gun suffered a catostrophic malfunction and somehow blew the firing pin and retaining system to Hades.

Who knows, maybe a double charge...I no longer want a 229 anyway though. Just can't bring myself to buy a 40. 10mm maybe...

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 17 Oct 2010, 21:14

No gun will be perfect, the FsN has its fair share of flaws, we've even had a member's extractor fail which destroyed the slide cover...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Oct 2010, 21:19

Anything made by human hands can blow up.

Any gun made by any maker at any given time can go to hell in a hand basket.

Nothing wrong with a glock 17 other then it won't fit my frigging hand..

By many I am considered a kool aid drinking only own a 5.7x28 but at this moment within reach, for bump in the night is my 9mm, YES I said 9mm SigPro with light and laser on it and my tweaked but otherwise box stock mid 70's Colt Combat Commander.

Now all we need is dogs mating with cats and Slimer flying about.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Oct 2010, 21:22

HeavyDMP wrote:HK/FN/COLT/REMINGTON FANBOY HERE...

My USP .45 has never let down. That gun has saved my ass from self inflicted danger at least 4 times so far.+P, HP,FMJ, +P frangible, my hottest reloads, wet and muddy, SAVES MY ASS. :clap: :agree:

No offense to anyone, but I lump XD's in the same class as S&W autos; ROUNDFILE! :furious: :wall: There is something about that Croatian gun that I just don't trust. My dad has one in 40SW and I'm just not impressed. Don't trust it, inacurate as all let out...

Can't go too wrong with a glock 17 either (mine is 2nd gen, flame away?)

Edit: Sorry long post; but interesting tidbit I just recalled:

About 4 months ago my buddy was going to his CCW qualie with his Sig 229 in .40sw. He has had the gun about 2 years and maybe put around 500 rounds through it. On his fith shot, (using reloads he bought at a gun show, in the gun's defense)( and to give you an idea of his inteligence level for that day at least) the gun suffered a catostrophic malfunction and somehow blew the firing pin and retaining system to Hades.

Who knows, maybe a double charge...I no longer want a 229 anyway though. Just can't bring myself to buy a 40. 10mm maybe...

It's NEVER the gun or equipment. It's the shooter.

I compete with glocks, .40, 9mm, g34, 17, 19, 23, subcompacts, you name it.

I also shoot a different pistol every match. I have no problems with them, but have seen them fail. The problem comes when you get people saying this "never fails" etc.

All guns fail. They're made by people and thereby imperfect.

I was at GT's the other day, a police distributor, and behind the counter one staff fanboy went, word for word, "I love my glock, because everytime I pull that trigger, it goes bang."

Well, gee. Duh. What ignorance. Glocks fail just like all other guns. On the flipside, everyone and their mom has told me not to use lead rounds in glocks, and the last one I used has had over 5000k handloaded lead rounds through it in matches. It shot beautifully on steel.

I don't dislike any gun, I'll shoot whatever you put in my hand, it's when people glorify their equipment that they realize shooting them is more important, instead of letting them sit in your safe so you can take them out and boast about them.
:)

Edit: WOW JAY, you HAD to go post before me and take the words right outta my mouth. :lmao:
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 17 Oct 2010, 21:47

blue don't be ignorant. If you shoot guns they might get dirty or scuffed. When I got my FsN, I pulled it out of the box and vacuum sealed it in a plastic bag. Now the dust can't get in it. Because after that I put it in a triple locked safe. Made out of diamond.

HeavyDMP

Post by HeavyDMP » 17 Oct 2010, 22:45

panzermk2 wrote: By many I am considered a kool aid drinking only own a 5.7x28 but at this moment within reach, for bump in the night is my 9mm, YES I said 9mm SigPro with light and laser on it and my tweaked but otherwise box stock mid 70's Colt Combat Commander.

My bump in the night, at hand right now gun is an old and short Mossberg home defense model pump action 12. My grandfather used to keep it on his boat for pesky sea critters. NOT EVEN A FANBOY BRAND, and the only mossberg product I own(by way of inheritance)!.

And Jonathan, I agree %95. Just relating personal experience and opinion.(with a touch of fanboy)

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 17 Oct 2010, 22:49

I don't know why Mossberg ISN'T a fanboy brand. I love my 500.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Oct 2010, 22:54

HeavyDMP wrote:
panzermk2 wrote: By many I am considered a kool aid drinking only own a 5.7x28 but at this moment within reach, for bump in the night is my 9mm, YES I said 9mm SigPro with light and laser on it and my tweaked but otherwise box stock mid 70's Colt Combat Commander.

My bump in the night, at hand right now gun is an old and short Mossberg home defense model pump action 12. My grandfather used to keep it on his boat for pesky sea critters. NOT EVEN A FANBOY BRAND, and the only mossberg product I own(by way of inheritance)!.

And Jonathan, I agree %95. Just relating personal experience and opinion.(with a touch of fanboy)

Well I meant within reach of me as I type on this keyboard and I was not counting shotty's or FAL's.

When I look up from the keyboard this is what I see.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Oct 2010, 23:07

HeavyDMP wrote:

:thumb: I hear ya! :)

And Jay, I'm sure we shouldn't be surprised, but,

W

T

F

and I KNOW you're gonna say "yeah it's only cuz I couldn't hang my tank up there"
Shoot more, worry less.

Never Enough

Post by Never Enough » 18 Oct 2010, 03:40

I shoot all my guns , no safe queens here. The only one to ever fail on me was the 57,you know maybe this site isn't that bad. You all seem like you have a great sense of humor. LMAO I do learn things about the short comings of this weapon and a possible fix here an there. Thanks for the laugh, great way to start a day!

HeavyDMP

Post by HeavyDMP » 18 Oct 2010, 06:45

Wow Jay...WOW

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 18 Oct 2010, 08:01

As far as I am concerned springfield handguns suck. They are overprice and/or under performing. People often like what they own, or at least claim to even if they really don't. I am one of those guys that has owned a lot of different weapons, and gotten rid of them if I don't like em. I have no problem admitting that the 357 sig is pretty useless when you have the 10mm out there. I got rid of my 357 sig 229 because of it. I also will admit that the 629ES was a pretty useless pistol for the reason I had it: Dangerous game and backcountry bear gun. So I got rid of it. The PS90 simply did not perform reliably enough to fit any niche my ARs or my Sig 556 Classic already didn't, so I got rid of it. My colt gold cup couldn't shoot with my Kimber Grand Raptor at all, and some idiot wanted to pay $500 bucks than what I paid for it, so I sold it, then bought a Custom Shop Pro Kimber that shoots just as well as the Raptor. My Beretta Tomcat in 32ACP, sold it and got a P238. The XDM I bought and hated its accuracy or lack there of I should say, I sold to my cousin. I don't get attached to firearms that don't have a purpose or disappoint.

That being said, the firearms I will never get rid of are:

Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Remington 870
SKB 685 Target Sporting Clays 12 Gauge
Benelli SBE
Sig 556 Classic
SI Defense Full Billet Custom AR-15
Sig P226 Navy
Kimber Custom Shop Super Carry Pro
Kimber Grand Raptor with 460 Rowland Conversion
Always own at least one 10mm
and....
My FNH FiveseveN

PS: I was not encouraging posts like atomicat's. Quite the opposite.
Last edited by flyingirish04 on 18 Oct 2010, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Oct 2010, 08:48

flyingirish04 wrote:
Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
One of the best rifles money can by anywhere!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 18 Oct 2010, 09:44

panzermk2 wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote:
Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
I like the 6 and 7's :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

HeavyDMP

Post by HeavyDMP » 18 Oct 2010, 10:12

Hello Irish,

That Sig 556 classic...You really like it I see...When I went to Nevada the other day on one of my touch n' drool trips I handled one. It seemed really flimsy to me vs. the SCAR and ACR...It's also cheaper than an ACR though. Is it really a solid gun? It hasn't given you any problems?

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 18 Oct 2010, 11:51

It is way more solid than a SCAR. I wouldn't buy one of those. They feel like toys, and shoot that way too, not impressed. The ACR is made by Bushmaster which should be called "we make crap guns". The 556 Classic is the best piston gun for the money out there. No comparisons. The only thing I don't like is that the charging handle doesn't extend out far enough when the stock is folded forward. Other than that I wouldn't buy a SCAR or ACR even if it were cheaper. Mine came with Diopter sights too, so that is a huge plus.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 18 Oct 2010, 12:01

blueorison wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote:
Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
Didn't know they made a 6mm Rem Mag :ponder:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 18 Oct 2010, 12:11

flyingirish04 wrote:
blueorison wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote:
Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag
Didn't know they made a 6mm Rem Mag :ponder:

HA HA.
Shoot more, worry less.