No love here for the RUGER 57?

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Litehiker

No love here for the RUGER 57?

Post by Litehiker » 09 Nov 2020, 15:39

I see a total of 4 posts (including mine) under RUGER 57 here. Maybe it's just so new or maybe just no love here B/C it's so FN biased.

I have a PS90 with a few mods and really like it but I DO NOT like the FN Five seveN. The RUGER 57 seems to solve the problems the Five seveN presented to me like, oh I don't know... maybe PRICE! or poorly placed safeties, or long break-in period before jams are gone.

Anyway, I like my PS90 and 57. I've had THE VEST GUY make two MOLLE adaptable double mag pouches for the PS90 and also the 57. He makes them to your order with Velcro, snap or (my reference) polymer QR buckle closures in your color choice and the same with the Cordura cloth. Excellent quality.
Aside from overpriced and flimsy Airsoft pouches these are the best.

Eric B.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: No love here for the RUGER 57?

Post by Rapier1772 » 09 Nov 2020, 21:09

4 posts for 1 gun & half are criticizing the lack of posts about the Ruger model?
Sorry but this is the FiveseveNForum after all and the FNH kind have been around longer so it makes sense that there would be more posts about the FsN than another brand.
I still haven't even seen a Ruger 57 in a store but admittedly, I'm not really looking; I like my FsN.
That said, it would be nice to see more reviews on the Ruger 57 covering the reliability, operation, & such, maybe even a user video (not from manufacturer/vendor). Perhaps you could help out with that?
Also, you posted about your mods in another thread, how about posting a pic (or two) once you get your red dot?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.