Warning, seller "CMANNIE" on Gunbroker advertising USG pistols as true IOM models.

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

signutz

Warning, seller "CMANNIE" on Gunbroker advertising USG pistols as true IOM models.

Post by signutz » 23 Oct 2018, 10:10

Just a warning to any potential FN pistol buyers out there who might be looking for an original Five-Seven model IOM pistol. I do not like to see people get ripped off by dishonest sellers, and even though this St Louis based seller, CMANNIE, has been advised that he has two model USG's for sale (not IOM's), he says that he is the authority and that both pistols are IOM models. *If you do a search for FN IOM, they will be in the listings. The two model USG guns he has listed (items # 789278093 & 789277754) were manufactured in 2009/2010. The gun cases are clearly marked with their s/n's and "Model USG". Both pistols have the square triggers and all features common to model USG's. IOW: True model USG's.

Moderators: I hope this post is OK as my goal is to alert members of a dishonest or ignorant seller. Thank you.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Warning, seller "CMANNIE" on Gunbroker advertising USG pistols as true IOM models.

Post by Rapier1772 » 23 Oct 2018, 10:32

Ad has a pic the shell casing baggie, the label on that is marked IOM; the seller actually points that out on both ads.
I don't know if it would do any good but did you report him?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

signutz

Re: Warning, seller "CMANNIE" on Gunbroker advertising USG pistols as true IOM models.

Post by signutz » 23 Oct 2018, 10:48

Many of the USG pistols had paper shell casing labels which said IOM on them. When I notified him of the issue, he responded that those "data cards" had IOM on them and that IOM are rare. BTW: I have even seen those shell casing labels on PS90 rifles too with IOM on them! They mean nothing and those of us who were buying/selling the pistols when they came out will know what I am talking about. Anyone with basic knowledge of this specific pistol line (you can read up on how to identify them right here on the Fiveseven Forum under pistol "Variants". No need to take my word for it.) would know that these pistols are USG's, not IOM's. IOM's were not made in 2009/10, they do not have square trigger guards, they did not come in boxes with their serial numbers labeled "USG", they did not even come in those boxes. There are other genuine IOM's on GB for comparison (which I suggested the seller look at at), but his FiveSeven pistol adverts are all misleading and inaccurate. Even after being presented with the facts, he thinks I am making it all up and prefers to mislead buyers that they are real IOM models. That is not cool.

I do not see any way to report a seller on GB.
Last edited by signutz on 24 Oct 2018, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 23 Oct 2018, 11:27

I agree, they are USGs - no doubt on that; sorry, I should have said that in the first place. I don't recall what my baggies said, I tossed 'em as soon as I got home & put the shells in with my to-be-reloaded pile. Just meant that's probably what he's basing his claims on even though his own paperwork should show they're USGs.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

signutz

Post by signutz » 23 Oct 2018, 11:45

The seller has been informed that they are both USG's and he was provided with plenty of supporting information (e.g. IOM's were discontinued long before the pistol's he is advertising were made), including this website, but realizes he may get more money for them by ignoring the truth. His response was, "They’re IOM.."

Ignorance can be solved with education. Greed is another matter and a terrible thing when dishonesty governs it.