My only gun is a FN Five seveN, and my first post!

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

tps3443

My only gun is a FN Five seveN, and my first post!

Post by tps3443 » 21 Dec 2017, 20:38

:D

I traded my FN PS90 for this. Even trade, I thought it was a well.. a perfectly fair trade!

I did not have any pistols, and I needed something reliable for EDC. So, I let the PS90 GEN3 go.

This is my first Five-SeveN. And I truly love this pistol! Quality is just impeccable! I’ve owned several $1,000-$1,300 price range polymer pistols. And I’d rate this at the top of the list.

I cannot afford to keep multiple expensive hand guns. So, this is my only gun pistol. I’ve been searching a while, and I think this is the gun for me. I’m training with the controls, and safety. And practicing as much as I can.

Looking to suppress it by early next year with a Gemtech SFN-57 and acquire some subsonic SB193 loads.

Anyone else felt the same way with build quality of the Five-SeveN? I’m amazed.

I feel bad I let my PS90 go, but I couldn’t conceal carry that. Hopefully I can acquire another within a year.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: My only gun is a FN Five seveN, and my first post!

Post by blueorison » 22 Dec 2017, 10:33

Welcome, TPS!!!!

We are glad to have you here. The FsN fad always flares up whenever gun scares arrive, be it from politics, etc., so you picked the right time to get into the caliber and platform. $14 boxes of AE is the lowest we have ever seen... ever, for the round, and we never thought it'd arrive. EA is also back at it with their improved solid-lathed projectiles that are insane.

I remember back when, prices were almost $30 a box..., people were selling FsNs for $1800, etc.

Slightly akin to your affinity for the platform, the FsN was my FIRST pistol, ever! :) I still remember the day, vividly (sorry for nerding out! My memory is very selective to important events, so, this one must have been important to me). I was in college (slightly more than a few years ago) and it was raining? I was in my car on the top of a parking garage, and I opened my my mint ODG FsN USG that I paid a little more just for the colour...hahaha... which is very out of character for me, as I'm a function over form guy. But hey, it was my first pistol, I was getting the one I wanted, darnit! Fast forward... ODG is out of print...

Anyway, enough nostalgia, I'm glad you like it! I bought a Gen2 specifically to send to EA to get their short reset match trigger installed. I have one on my original ODG which has.... many many many many many rounds through it as I used it as a competition pistol for paper/carbine matches (shot it in place of a carbine out to 100yds), and the EA triggers are sweet. Ok, always gotta plug EA as they take care of me. You'll find a lot of great information on this forum that isn't available on others. Most of us here (Buffman, especially) do a lot of our own reloading and testing (I done quite a bit of testing on IIIA/clay with factory and EA rounds), so you'll get "real" data.

Enjoy your stay!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

tps3443

Post by tps3443 » 22 Dec 2017, 14:02

Ive watched several videos on YouTube about 5.7 ballistics. Amazed after viewing the SB193 blow through level IIIA and a block of clay behind the vest, maybe those are your videos!

I've owned several FN pistols, and this gun is just crazy reliable, very light too! This pistol carries alot easier than even standard caliber options that are slightly smaller.

I'm hoping to get a Dillon 550C and the EA shell plate and reload pack. I've already deprimed, and cleaned up alot of 5.7 brass that I'm stocking up on, careful no to damage the case coating.
Last edited by tps3443 on 22 Dec 2017, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

tps3443

Post by tps3443 » 22 Dec 2017, 14:16

If you've been considering a FN Five seveN, and your looking at photos and pictures online. These internet photos do not do justice. Once you handle one, you understand easily why these guns cost what they cost. Why it is compared to a PMR-30 is beyond me lol.

s-industries
Gold Member
custom title: M.E.

Post by s-industries » 28 Dec 2017, 19:57

Welcome to the forum, and to the FsN owners club! I’ve owned my USG for almost ten years, and it’s still one of my favorite pistols.

Enjoy!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 Jan 2018, 09:36

Stephanie?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz