Reflex help please,got a new itch.

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

varmitsnightmare

Reflex help please,got a new itch.

Post by varmitsnightmare » 11 Dec 2015, 10:47

Hello fellow FN fans, its been a while since I have been here to check on reloading data and just get a five seven fix in general. I have got the notion of going to reflex sights. Anyone go through the process and learn anything good or bad? I don't know much about reflex sights other than a few rounds through a Beretta neos 22lr pistol . I know I should use the search function, but sometimes people have stories that have not made it online yet. I really want a slide built like the fnx 45 tactical but know that not feasible at the moment( I guess, has anyone made a milled slide yet?) What about the fivesevenreddot web sight? I need a middle of the road sight like a redfeild,Bushnell,vortex,Burris and a way to mount it. Anyone go through this setup and have any pointers? I can't put to much into it being Christmas and all. Any " drop in " kits that any Joe can do at home without CNC equipment, and nuclear reactors? I bought my five seven right after they dropped the funny shapped trigger gaurd so its a older version. Also a picatinny mount that comes from the front and wraps up and around is not happening. Any help is appreciated ,and sorry for the grammar and spelling( small phone). Thanks everyone, now I'm off to check and see if anyone has a new reload that's worth trying,new bullets and powders slowly popping up yay.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: Reflex help please,got a new itch.

Post by panzermk2 » 12 Dec 2015, 12:29

Well for one you can't machine the FsN slide since it's design precludes that, otherwise I already would be offering it.

We have a base for the FsN and unlike Robs/fivesevenreddot it is not sight specific and also has built in back up sights.

These pics are of a MKI slide but we make one for the MKII also.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

varmitsnightmare

Post by varmitsnightmare » 12 Dec 2015, 15:01

That does look good, way cleaner than the picatinny wraparound ( looks like the kydex holster got stuck on the gun and you have to shoot it that way till you get home to cut it off your gun) mount. I will think it over and see what comes up. After seeing your slide, now you have me thinking paint job also. Thanks for the pictures ,looks great . It will be after Christmas before I do anything now, I have jumped to a different project .Wife is keeping me on a short leash these days. Thanks for the quick reply and Merry Christmas to all.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 12 Dec 2015, 15:30

Merry Christmas;

Look at the Burris FFIII or Vortex Venom. Both are around $200.

I recommend a reflex optic on the FsN, but it is just as fun without it.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

varmitsnightmare

Post by varmitsnightmare » 12 Dec 2015, 18:09

Thanks for the vote, its on the to do list,elite mini mount with Burris optic.