Jarvis Threaded barrel

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

doxdozer

Jarvis Threaded barrel

Post by doxdozer » 20 Feb 2013, 15:33

Hello,

I was browsing this sight a lot prior to & after I purchased my 5.7 late last year & thought I became a member but I guess not.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that Jarvis called me today and asked if I still wanted the threaded barrel I ordered around last October.

I had pretty much given up on getting this barrel & add the fact that my local gun store dealer has not even received a serial number for the AAC Element2 I paid for back in October either.

Well, I'm half way to having my 5.7 suppressed.

I don't know if Jarvis produced just enough for back orders or if he has stock now but anyone interested in a threaded barrel may want to give him a call.

Cheers

abatis

Re: Jarvis Threaded barrel

Post by abatis » 21 Feb 2013, 15:36

I have bought two fiveseven barrels from them and the experience was similar. They have a big backlog of all kinds of barrel builds and it takes awhile to get to any build. Good for them business is busy. The one thing to consider is if you don't take that barrel and you plan to go through with the suppressor you have to find an alternative. I have not researched other makers/threaders for a long time as I bought my barrels several years ago. The jarvis product is quality, I would buy from them again if I was looking.

I have the Gemtech suppressor and it was not a long wait just the paperwork etc was a hassle. Very fun for target practice.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 21 Feb 2013, 17:01

After posting this thread I contacted my dealer and asked him how my ACC element 2 is coming along? He didn't have any helpful information as to a delivery date.

I chose the element 2 because of its ability to shoot 22 magnums and wanted the 1/2X28 thread so I can use it on my 22 upper and my Ruger 22/45 light.

kwesi

Post by kwesi » 21 Feb 2013, 20:39

doxdozer: I called Jarvis this morning only to find out that they just shipped all of their current run so I got on the waiting list for the next run supposedly in June. Which adapter are you going to purchase: Silencerco, Torando or TROS? I have a Spectre II can.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 21 Feb 2013, 20:55

kwesi wrote:doxdozer: I called Jarvis this morning only to find out that they just shipped all of their current run so I got on the waiting list for the next run supposedly in June. Which adapter are you going to purchase: Silencerco, Torando or TROS? I have a Spectre II can.
I had to goto the safe and check :?: I bought the Tornado…. That was the only part of this project that was in stock.

The part number on the bag is - AD-10MMX1-0.5X28 if anyone is interested but I think they only have the one choice for 10MM

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 21 Feb 2013, 21:02

kwesi wrote:doxdozer: I called Jarvis this morning only to find out that they just shipped all of their current run so I got on the waiting list for the next run supposedly in June. Which adapter are you going to purchase: Silencerco, Torando or TROS? I have a Spectre II can.
I just checked the specs on the Spectre 2 and that looks like a good choice to bad it is out of stock as well.

kwesi

Post by kwesi » 21 Feb 2013, 21:14

Is there any reason to purchase one manufacturer's adapter over the other? There is a big price difference for the TROS. Thanks

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 21 Feb 2013, 21:37

kwesi wrote:Is there any reason to purchase one manufacturer's adapter over the other? There is a big price difference for the TROS. Thanks

Tros are made of stainless steel (not sure about my Tornado) & looking on Tros website some models appear to come with a thread protector for the 1/2X28 side. I guess those 2 options would up the cost.

I didn't need a thread protector because I don't plan on leaving the adapter on without a suppressor.

I ordered a 10MM thread protector with my Jarvis barrel.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 22 Feb 2013, 11:57

Here's the deal between the Jarvis and the TROS:

TROS on right:

TROS on right:

Jarvis attached:

TROS attached:

So there is a price difference between the Jarvis and the TROS, but they are functionally different and of different quality. If you invest in a Jarvis barrel invest in the Jarvis protector at the same time. It's thin, slippery, barely textured, but will most likely ship with your barrel and protect the threads of the Jarvis barrel.

The TROS is an adapter and protector, much more texture for reliable gripping, and also an item you will most likely have to order and wait for Mark to get a batch done and shipped to you.

Only one? The TROS. See the snaps above.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 22 Feb 2013, 12:04

I don't get why I would need a thread protector for the adaptor? Why would I wan to leave the adaptor on all the time?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Feb 2013, 13:10

It's a good idea to have some kind of covering over any exposed external threads for something like this.

But, unless you're leaving the adapter on the gun, I don't think you need to get a full on 'thread protector' for the adapter. I leave the adapter in the suppressor, that way there is no need for a thread protector on it. If you take the adapter out, then I'd suggest putting it in a small plastic case or put a piece of garden hose around the external threads or something like that...
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 22 Feb 2013, 16:36

Rapier1772 wrote:It's a good idea to have some kind of covering over any exposed external threads for something like this.

But, unless you're leaving the adapter on the gun, I don't think you need to get a full on 'thread protector' for the adapter. I leave the adapter in the suppressor, that way there is no need for a thread protector on it. If you take the adapter out, then I'd suggest putting it in a small plastic case or put a piece of garden hose around the external threads or something like that...
Yeah, I did order a protector for the Jarvis barrel. I was confused about needing another one for the adaptor since I am not going to leave it on the gun.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 22 Feb 2013, 17:23

The TROS adapter comes with its own protector. So if you leave the TROS adapter on the threaded barrel and don't have your suppressor attached, your TROS threads and your barrel threads are both protected.

Driller

Post by Driller » 23 Feb 2013, 19:48

ATF processing for suppressors/SBR is taking an average of 6 months depending on your state.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 29 Mar 2013, 21:54

Look what came in the mail today :D

Bashar_P

Post by Bashar_P » 01 Apr 2013, 09:05

Congrats dox. Looks great. I'm new to the forum and new to the fiveseven (hopefully my purchase is in the mail). I plan on making the barrel/suppressor upgrade as well.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 05 Apr 2013, 04:48

Bashar_P wrote:Congrats dox. Looks great. I'm new to the forum and new to the fiveseven (hopefully my purchase is in the mail). I plan on making the barrel/suppressor upgrade as well.
Thanks, took her out shooting the other day and put 100 rounds of AE5728A, 20 rounds of factory SS197SR and 20 rounds of SS198LF (ammo shortage sucks but I wanted to give a little workout) down range & it performed fine.

Sadly, it will be awhile until I can shoot it again because I refuse to burn up anymore ammo till it can be replaced.

Bashar_P

Post by Bashar_P » 08 Apr 2013, 06:39

Hey dox. I have a question...can the Element2 shoot both 5.7 and 22mag? I'd love to get one suppressor for both a FN and PMR-30. Thanks.

PS...how about a picture of the gun w/ suppressor.

doxdozer

Post by doxdozer » 19 Apr 2013, 08:53

I'm planning on using it for the 57 and 22 cal.

But it will mostly be used on 10/22 SBR and my 22/45

But as of this date my dealer STILL hasn't provided me with one.

It is very frustrating!