DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Information for 3rd BATCH

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

2ndAmVA-2

DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Information for 3rd BATCH

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 22:34

The FIRST BATCH of custom holsters will start shipping next week. I had to wait for the packing and shipping materials. The SECOND BATCH was closed today (except those who reserved earlier), and will be done in 2-3 weeks.

This information is for the 3rd BATCH of Custom-Holsters. The 3rd Batch will start production a week or two from now, and will be done in 3-4 weeks after the batch is started.

I can do only 20-25 holsters per batch. So, the first 25 will go on the 3rd Batch. If you're interested, please contact me right away. Some are ordering more than one holster, so the 3rd Batch could close up very quickly.

Thank you,
2ndAmVA-2
(L.S. Defensor)
Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:26, edited 3 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

THE DEFENSOR HOLSTER SYSTEM: A Multi-Use Belt Holster

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 22:38

DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER LLC makes very small limited runs of custom-fitted handgun holsters specifically for concealed carry, mainly for friends, family members and currently only for the FN 5.7 forum.

The first design is a multi-use Belt Holster called the Defensor Holster System (DHS). With the DHS, you are not buying one holster, but three-holsters in one.

With this holster, you need to only own one belt holster per gun. It is a holster system designed to work equally well for the three popular modes of belt-holster carry:

1. Outside-The-Waistband (OTW) carry
2. Inside-The Waistband (IWB) carry
3. Tuckable carry (optional)

IF YOU NEED MORE INFO OR PRICING INFO FOR THESE HOLSTERS,
PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
AND SEND ME YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS
SO THAT I CAN EMAIL YOU BACK THE INFORMATION.
Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 12 Feb 2013, 00:10, edited 7 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

NA

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 22:46

New design: Pocket Holster for Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace Laser on front of trigger.
When carried in front pocket, it looks like a flat square object or a wallet.
Breaks the outline of the pistol.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:46, edited 14 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Sig 232 - Holster and Mag Holder in Black Ostrich

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 22:49

Sig 232, with matching Mag Holder in Black Ostrich.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:51, edited 7 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER: Cowhide and Horsehide Holsters

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 22:51

Our basic holster is made from COWHIDE and HORSEHIDE.

Here is a cowhide holster for the FN 5.7. Note the detail in molding and boning. Cowhide takes to molding and boning better than horsehide. In addition, cowhide dyes more evenly than horshide. So, generally, cowhide might look a little better than horsehide (molding and dye), all things being equal.

Here is a horsehide holster for the Glock 26. One advantage of horsehide is that the leather is very dense. Which means that if the hides are the same thickness, the horsehide will be stiffer. Horesehide is a little harder to work on that cowhide, and can sometimes break the needle because of its higher density. The horsehide serves well in humid climates or for those who live near the water. The horsehide will provide more protection from sweat and other moisture.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 12 Feb 2013, 00:08, edited 7 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Heirloom Exotic Skin Holsters

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:03

EXOTIC SKIN HOLSTERS - Heirloom Holsters
The following exotic skins are currently available from DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER. This may change from time to time because exotic skins are not as readily available as cowhide and there is a high demand for exotic skin in other industries.

Sharkskin (black)
Elephant (black)
Ostrich-Leg Skin (black and dark brown) – not for full-sized handguns. Skin is too small for the FN 5.7.
Ring Lizard (grayish-green, would look great with an OD 5.7)

We use a full-front skin design for our exotic leather holsters. The exotic skin is not used merely as an accent to cowhide. That means that the exotic skin covers the whole front side of the holster, and utilizes its unique characteristics to enhance the look and functionality of the holster. The inside part of our exotic skin holsters are lined with Hermann Oak cowhide leather. The back of the holster is also Hermann Oak cowhide. Due to the extra care, additional processes and time it takes to make an exotic skin holster (plus, the exotic skin leather is much more expensive than cowhide leather).

Essentially, the DHS design will function well with any type of quality leather that we use, cowhide or exotic skins. Cowhide or Horsehide are great all-around leathers for holsters.

The exotic skins add unique leather characteristics and look that differentiate them from cowhide or horsehide. The exotic skins truly provide more than just good looks.
Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:31, edited 6 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Sharkskin Holsters

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:04

SHARKSKIN
Sharkskin leather competes with the Elephant as one of the more durable leather. Like the Elephant, it has beautiful deep textures to its skin.

Sharkskin has a wavier pattern. My first exotic skin holster that I bought was made of Sharkskin. That was over 20 years ago. I still have that Sharkskin holster, it has seen a lot of use, and it still looks almost as new as when I bought it.

This holster is for the HK P7M8

b]IF YOU NEED MORE INFO OR PRICING INFO FOR THESE HOLSTERS,
[/b]
Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 12 Feb 2013, 00:11, edited 5 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Re: DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Information and Pricing

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:12

ELEPHANT SKIN
Elephant skin has an exquisite texture with deep lines. It is one of the most beautiful skins. It is also one of the most durable leather available because the Elephant’s skin has to withstand the sharp thorns and brushes in its natural environment in Africa and Asia. We acquire our elephant skin from a reputable and legal dealer who comply with CITES and other relevant laws. These skins come from culled elephants. Elephant skin is more expensive and harder to work on than other leathers. It does not cut and trim very easily because it has a very sturdy and fibrous nature. This holster is not sold in California.

These are both elephant skin holsters, but each has a different texture compared to the other. It depends on which part of the elephant from which the skin come. The difference is mainly texture. The seeming difference in sheen is basically a photo lighting difference.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 12 Feb 2013, 00:13, edited 6 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Re: DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Skin Made from the Legs Of An Ostr

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:19

OSTRICH-LEG SKIN
This is not the quill-dotted Ostrich Skin. This is the skin from the legs of an Ostrich.

Ostrich-Leg Skin is a very unique and attractive leather. It is made from the hard skin of the legs of the Ostrich. During our photo safari trip to South Africa, the ranger told us that an Ostrich can kill a man with a strike of its hard legs on the head! I can attest that the skin is tough to cut and sew.

It has a reptilian texture more than avian. It is a durable skin impervious to scratches and cuts because male ostrich fight with by striking each other repeatedly with their hard legs. This is very strong leather. Since the Ostrich Leg skin is not a very wide skin, its measurement limits it to medium-size and compact guns. It fits the HK P7, but not the FN 5.7. The largest gun I was able to make holsters for was the Colt Commander and a Glock 19.

This was made for a Sig 1911 (Commander size):

The HK P7M8 looks great in this holster:

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:28, edited 9 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Black Cowhide - HK P7 PSP

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:24

Black Cowhide for HK P7 PSP. This can be carried OWB or IWB.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:49, edited 6 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Re: DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Information and Pricing

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:27

PYTHON SKIN
Python skin is also available, but it’s not recommended for heavy use. The Python Skin is not as durable as the other skins, and requires more care. However, if you know how to handle the finer things in life, the Python Skin holster is absolutely stunning.

This holster is mine. I made it for my Ruger LCR, with Crimson Trace laser. This is my CCW (The FN 5.7 is my home defense gun, along with my double-barreled Coach shotgun). I believe that 2ndAmVA is planning to make a Python Skin holster for his stainless steel Colt Python someday.

If you live in a state that allows Open Carry, and you give your shooter lady a Python Skin holster, trust me, you will not regret it! One of my friends told me that she likes my Python skin holster so much, that even if she is not a shooter, she will get the holster and just get the gun as an accessory to the Python holster.

Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 10 Feb 2013, 02:28, edited 4 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

Re: DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - RIng Lizard Skin

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:33

RING LIZARD SKIN
This is a very special skin. This is the natural color of the Ring Lizard. It is actually a tougher skin that it looks. I like the texture and the shade. It would look great with an OD colored FN 5.7 or an OD Glock.

Somebody asked if it would work for his Wilson Combat OD 1911. I thought it would look absolutely fantastic. If you wear it with OD pants, that's almost a fashion statement.

PRICE:
Ring Lizard Skin Holster $225
Ring Lizard Skin 2-Mag Holder $125
Last edited by 2ndAmVA-2 on 09 Feb 2013, 00:51, edited 5 times in total.

2ndAmVA-2

BLACK COWHIDE - Glock 17

Post by 2ndAmVA-2 » 08 Feb 2013, 23:54

Black Cowhide - GLOCK 17

L.S. Defensor

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: DEFENSOR GUNLEATHER - Information for 3rd BATCH

Post by blueorison » 20 Feb 2013, 19:25

My tabletop review.

I was dehydrated from being outdoors all day, so the grey matter wasn't quite working at 100%. Apologies.

"Hip bone..." :laugh:

The holster is top quality. You guys know I'm not just saying this, because of my ability to break almost any kind of gear. Look forward to the next review, when I put the holster through its paces on the range.

Thanks to D&L @ Defensor Gunleather.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 22 Feb 2013, 14:36

I just received mine today

looks great can not wait to try it out.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 14 Jun 2013, 09:38

Sorry for the poor quality. I think my really messed-up camera is finally giving up the ghost :(
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 19 Jun 2013, 15:49

here are a few pics of the Kydex Tuckable-Carry Clip

2ndAMVa

Post by 2ndAMVa » 09 Jul 2013, 12:46

Hi Ditch,

Thanks for posting the holster with the Tuckable Clips.

With this type of Kydex Tuckable clip, I found that it works better for me if I attach it to my pants first, before I put on my pants.
After that, it has a solid grip on your pant, and does not wiggle out.

It's also more discrete than other types of Tuckable Clips, where the Clips go over the belt . Then, it's not so discrete anymore.

With this Kydex Tuckable Clips (I don't make them. I buy them from a 3rd party. Same one used by Versamax 2), it might take a little more work to put it on, but it is the most rock-solid tuckable clip I've found in the market. It does under the belt (clipped on your pants), so it's discrete.

It also grips the pants very tightly, so, it stays put.

Dennis

Ditch
Platinum Member

Post by Ditch » 09 Jul 2013, 13:11

After using the clips for a few weeks now, I can say that they work well. I have tried to put it on with my pants on and it is a no go. great product well worth the money.
For Those Who Came Home...
For Those Who Did Not Come Home...
For Those Who Have Yet To Come Home...