Convince me to drop the $$$ for a FsN

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Re: Convince me to drop the $$$ for a FsN

Post by Cyberfly » 23 Nov 2008, 01:40

No. Ice got to keep his toes because he got one.
Do YOU have one? Or do we need to come to your house too?? :skep:

Hey...Augustus said, Convince me to drop the $$$. We gave him every reason in the world. He knew he wanted one. He didn't really need us to tell him to go buy one. So...I gave him a REAL reason to go get it before Bam Bam bin Biden made it impossible for him to get it.
Trust me. He'll thank me for it in the future. ...when he can still walk. :gavel:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 23 Nov 2008, 04:19

Yea! I have two!!! How about that? :p

AmazedGirl

Post by AmazedGirl » 23 Nov 2008, 07:36

Hmmmmmm. Very interesting and informative thread. Glad I found it. Before I bought my first Glock I went down to a local range and rented probably 10-15 different guns and shot at least 2-300 rounds through all of them to see what felt best to me. Back then I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Just a newbie in a gun shop who didn't trust the salesmen to tell me the truth. I didn't even know anyone who owned a gun -- yep, I was a liberal. :huh: (Have some guy try to jack you up in a dark underground parking garage at 11pm some night. That will make you think long and hard about how "civilized" the world is.)

While I will be the first to admit I am a Glock addict, my Colt (Gold Cup, .45) is my ccw weapon. My conceal issues are a lot less important than other women's because I carry in my purse or the small of my back. I worked in downtown OKC for YEARS with that Colt in the small of my back under my jacket (suit and heels every d****ed day! bleech) and no one ever knew. Was a hoot though because I would never hug anyone (touchy-feely liberals!! LOL) and no one ever understood why I wouldn't take my jacket off. (I just told them by boobs would get cold and then my piercings would show! :lmao: )

Never even considered an FsN because of the ammo issue. I need to go find one and shoot it now! You guys (and gals) . . . I am trying to SAVE $$$$, not spend it these days -- LOL

ETA: Can I keep my toes for now? I have open toed heels that would not fit good without my toes? :laugh:

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 23 Nov 2008, 07:44

I don't know about your toes. I'm still stuck on the piercings showing... :drool:
"How the Hell did I get here?"

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 23 Nov 2008, 07:47

[Offtopic alert] "A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."
(and welcome to the board :) )
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

AmazedGirl

Post by AmazedGirl » 23 Nov 2008, 08:14

gw45acp wrote:I don't know about your toes. I'm still stuck on the piercings showing... :drool:
LOL -- the product of a night of drunken debauchery!! Ahhhh, there is nothing like being old enough to know better and doing it anyway!! LOL

AmazedGirl

Post by AmazedGirl » 23 Nov 2008, 08:19

Esteves wrote:[Offtopic alert] "A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."

Truer words have never been spoken. :) and thanks for the welcome.

UDPride

Post by UDPride » 23 Nov 2008, 23:10

My toes are safe.

Whats the 411 on the 57s ammo. Rather than read 200 topics to find the answer, Ill risk being told to RTFM and use the search option at the expense of a quick and gratifying answer. Who sells the ammo, and how much does it cost.

From a purely practical standpoint, a $350 .22 or 9mm would probably suit me best. Especially to hone my marksmanship skills. Im looking at the 57 as a long-term investment. Not sure Id want to use it for target practice every week unless I start working 3rd shifts. If an intruder came into the house however, I cant think of a better firearm. 20 rounds and bullets that outzip other ammo like Usain Bolt running past Fat Albert.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Nov 2008, 23:22

Lots of people sell the ammo, and it can range from $20/box(50) to $42.95/box for EAs S4 SuperRapTOR.

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 23 Nov 2008, 23:44

I really like the Colt gold cup's. I tend to pack my HK 45c though :D
Last edited by iCeMaN on 23 Nov 2008, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 23 Nov 2008, 23:45

AmazedGirl wrote:
Esteves wrote:[Offtopic alert] "A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."

Truer words have never been spoken. :) and thanks for the welcome.
:agree:

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 24 Nov 2008, 13:07

AG, funny thing...I didn't know you worked downtown OKC. I did too for ten years. I worked for DEQ off 50th street when we officed out of a rented office space from a hotel. Then after the bombing we bought the old SW Bell building (next door to the memorial) and converted it to offices. I worked out of it til about 3 years ago. Heck I might have bumped into you a time or two at one of the downtown bistros.

mayadajeffery

Post by mayadajeffery » 06 Dec 2008, 00:02

Okay, a couple questions and a thought...
1) What is the right price TODAY to pay for a 5-7?
2) By new not used if you are not particularly a "gun guy" (yet), presumably?
3) Is USG the (only) model to buy?
4) Is that "gun ebay" mentioned earlier in the thread reliable? Anyone been burned, or know of a guy not to buy from on that?
5) How much should you have to pay your local dealer to run the deal for you?
6) How much oomph does the EA stuff add to the factory stuff?
7) How much oomph does the EA stuff for law enforcement only add to the regular EA stuff?

Thought-
e=mc2 Therefore, the energy imparted to the victim is more influenced by the speed of the bullet than the mass of the bullet.

thanks, great thread...
And, sorry for the laundery list of questions.

mayadajeffery

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 06 Dec 2008, 00:23

1. Prices are about $800-900 right now
2. huh?
3. The USG is the only one in production, you can find the IOM/Tactical/DAO in NIB condition, but they come at a much higher price.
4. Gun Broker? I haven't used it much, one of our sponsor's sells on there (Tanner's)
5. Deal? You mean transfer fees? Depends on the dealer. Mine charges $15, others charge $50+
6. Example, FN SS195LF ~2,000fps out of the pistol. EA S4 (same projectile) ~2,600fps out of the pistol.
7. LEO rounds are for LE only, they are entirely different projectiles.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 06 Dec 2008, 00:29

Welcome to the forum.
Um...wow. Long list.
To start with, the price will vary a lot depending on where you are and the market and the availability of the weapon, but anywhere from upper $8's to around a grand for a new in the box. I think Bass Pro Shop had it on sale for like $925 last week, but usually Tanners can and will beat just about everybody.
New, used, it won't really matter. The condition of the weapon in comparison to the price... as long as you feel you are getting a good deal, a used gun will shoot every bit as good (and sometimes better if its broken in) as a new one. There's nothing wrong with a used weapon if its been well cared for. Heck, I've seen used guns with literally thousands of rounds through them that you couldn't tell had been used. Some people truly baby their firearms.
The USG isn't the only model out there, but its pretty much the only NEW model in production. You MIGHT find a new old stock IOM out there, but that would be RARE. Or you might find a never fired safe queen. USG is a fine weapon and would be cheapest as well...most likely.
Gunbroker can be a good place to go, but again, check feedback. Be leary of people who have none. And don't be afraid to ask questions. However, before I went to GB for a USG, I'd call Ray Jr. at Tanners. He's a forum sponsor and he's done GOBS of business with MANY members here, myself included. You won't find a nicer guy, or a more honest one.
Most local FFL's charge a small fee for the transfer. And a quick phone call will tell you how much that will be. If you REALLY know them well, some will do it for nothing. Others charge a small amount...$20-$30 per transaction.
How much does EA stuff add to the factory stuff? I'm going to assume you're asking how much better is it? MUCH. MUCH MUCH Better!! Comparing EA's ammo to FN's is like comparing a pickup to a Mack Truck. They both can haul stuff, but the Mack is made for the big job. It's like comparing a Yugo to a Ferarri. They post a lot of numbers...look em up. It costs a wee bit more, but they give you a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee that you simply won't find ANYWHERE else in the business and the ammo cannot be matched, much less beaten.
And now that they're using this new powder, it's got even MORE punch!!
As for their LEO only round, unless you are an LEO, don't even ask. And if you ARE an LEO, let me know. We have an LE forum you may be interested in. Any and ALL discussion of the LEO only round is done there.
Hope that helps.
Fly

mayadajeffery

Post by mayadajeffery » 06 Dec 2008, 01:04

:thumb:

So, if your brother-in-law is a cop, and he buys you some LEO stuff, does anything bad happen?
Why are IOM etc. guns more $$? Are they better guns?

thanks for the info

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 06 Dec 2008, 01:09

mayadajeffery wrote::thumb:
Why are IOM etc. guns more $$? Are they better guns?
They're just more rare... they're no longer in production. I prefer the looks of the IOM to the USG.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 06 Dec 2008, 02:20

mayadajeffery wrote::thumb:

So, if your brother-in-law is a cop, and he buys you some LEO stuff, does anything bad happen?
Only if you are caught with it. :thumb: