Elite Ammunition Trigger Work Questions, Comments, Concern

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2, panzermk2wife

Buffman
Silver Member

Re: Elite Ammunition Trigger Work Questions, Comments, Conce

Post by Buffman » 18 Dec 2011, 22:00

For anyone that has the time, can you check your FSN and tell me if you have these visible mold lines on the inside of the magwell?

Could those be aiding in the cause of the drop free issue? I also noticed that Protector II no longer locks the slide back on last round, with a few mags I've tried...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Dec 2011, 22:41

There should be no issue locking back the slide.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 18 Dec 2011, 22:57

Matt;

FsN's have those horizontal mold lines that go across the section of the inner magwell. They have nothing to do with the mags not dropping free. You can easily sand them out, also.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 Dec 2011, 09:32

panzermk2 wrote:There should be no issue locking back the slide.
I'm quite perplexed at why the Pro II isn't locking the slide back also. I've shot the Var II round which is one of the slowest rounds EA has to offer. It had no problem locking the slide back. The same with 197, 195, 198, Pro, S4. Just the two times I've shot Pro II, it fails to lock the slide back on the last round. I know the Pro IIs are the highest recoiling rounds I've ever shot through the gun, just trying to find out a reason why..

JVRx7

Post by JVRx7 » 19 Dec 2011, 10:23

Is it possible that, due to the heavy recoil of the Pro II, that the slide is rebounding faster than the lock is coming up under spring pressure?

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 Dec 2011, 10:55

Could be. I'll throw an EA extra power mag spring in a magazine today and test.

JVRx7

Post by JVRx7 » 19 Dec 2011, 11:04

Did you install or have EA install the heavy recoil spring?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 19 Dec 2011, 11:47

I have had no issues with ProII locking slides back. Your gun along with most we have worked on lately have been tested with it before being shipped back. Something else is going on under recoil.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 Dec 2011, 16:59

I found the issue, I do believe. I'll post a video later. Really sad today. Somehow the screw broke that holds the rear adjustable sight down :( EA do you guys have spare parts for the adjustable sights?

bnich82

Post by bnich82 » 18 Jan 2012, 20:56

sent an email on Jan 1st 2012 to be added to the accurizing list...should be picking up my firearm from the dealer next week, and hope to get the call up to the big leagues shortly there after...placed a pre-order for the new T6 ammo and looking to stock up on a few of your other offerings once I get a few other purchases out of the way and the new newsletter drops showing what you have in stock!

thanks for all you do EA!

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 15 Feb 2012, 02:31

Hi Jay, I talked to you on Jan. 12th. r/e the status of my trigger job & night sights. You said the trigger job was done but not the night sights as you were waiting on the material. I'd like to get an up-date on this... Thanks, Bill Rogers

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Feb 2012, 22:18

32blownhemi wrote:Hi Jay, I talked to you on Jan. 12th. r/e the status of my trigger job & night sights. You said the trigger job was done but not the night sights as you were waiting on the material. I'd like to get an up-date on this... Thanks, Bill Rogers

Still the same. My supplier has had issues and has had a massive delay creating havoc here. I was promised I would see them this week.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 15 Feb 2012, 23:00

panzermk2 wrote:
32blownhemi wrote:Hi Jay, I talked to you on Jan. 12th. r/e the status of my trigger job & night sights. You said the trigger job was done but not the night sights as you were waiting on the material. I'd like to get an up-date on this... Thanks, Bill Rogers

Still the same. My supplier has had issues and has had a massive delay creating havoc here. I was promised I would see them this week.
Hi Jay, I just sent you an e-mail & then saw your reply here! If the material comes in this week, GREAT! I'd like them, but otherwise I'll just pass on the night sights. I miss my FN! :(... Thanks, Bill Rogers

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Feb 2012, 23:47

32blownhemi wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:

Hi Jay, I just sent you an e-mail & then saw your reply here! If the material comes in this week, GREAT! I'd like them, but otherwise I'll just pass on the night sights. I miss my FN! :(... Thanks, Bill Rogers

The problem is front blades have been drilled out all ready and rear blade's removed with empty holes waiting for tubes.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 19 Feb 2012, 15:59

Jay, well it seemed like a good idea at the time.... Ah, plan 'B' I'll post a WTB a slide in the sales section... Maybe someone who's getting one of your new slides wants to sell their old one? Or do the old sights transfer over to the new slide?? Or do you guys have one for sale? Then I can have you ship back the rest of the gun & I'll use a different slide until the night sights are done? Thanks, Bill

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 19 Feb 2012, 19:18

32blownhemi wrote:Jay, well it seemed like a good idea at the time.... Ah, plan 'B' I'll post a WTB a slide in the sales section... Maybe someone who's getting one of your new slides wants to sell their old one? Or do the old sights transfer over to the new slide?? Or do you guys have one for sale? Then I can have you ship back the rest of the gun & I'll use a different slide until the night sights are done? Thanks, Bill

Friday A great big bag of stuff came in. At least 90% of all sights will go through assembly starting Monday. Slides will start shipping ASAP.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 21 Feb 2012, 00:14

Jay, I got your e-mail reply! Thanks & I'm looking forward to getting my 5.7 back complete with accurizing job & night sights! ;) Bill

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 26 Feb 2012, 21:58

Hi Jay, Got my 5.7 back, thank you! ;)... But, something isn't right. #1) I haven't taken it to the range yet but when I rack the slide back & them let it go forward the trigger won't fire. #2) If I put the magazine in and then rack the slide back it won't go forward unless either one of two things; #1) there is a round it the mag. & then it loads the gun or #2) I drop the magazine, then the slide goes forward & the trigger pulls... What's going on??? Thanks, Bill

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 26 Feb 2012, 22:02

32blownhemi wrote:Hi Jay, Got my 5.7 back, thank you! ;)... But, something isn't right. #1) I haven't taken it to the range yet but when I rack the slide back & them let it go forward the trigger won't fire. #2) If I put the magazine in and then rack the slide back it won't go forward unless either one of two things; #1) there is a round it the mag. & then it loads the gun or #2) I drop the magazine, then the slide goes forward & the trigger pulls... What's going on??? Thanks, Bill
Are you easing the slide forward or letting it slam? You should let it slam. I shot at least 50 rounds through it before cleaning it up and shipping it out.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 26 Feb 2012, 23:35

Jay, with NO magazine in the gun I pull the slide back, let it go & the slide goes all the way forward. But the gun won't dry fire. Is the magazine safety still hooked up? .... With a magazine in the gun {but no ammo in the magazine}, I pull the slide back & let it go, the slide goes forward 1/8" & then stops (I'm not easing it forward). So an empty magazine is keeping the slide from going forward. But, If I put ammo in the magazine, pull the slide back & let it go it chambers a round. I then pull the slide back, let it go & it ejects the un-shot round & chambers another round....

32blownhemi

Post by 32blownhemi » 01 Mar 2012, 18:53

32blownhemi wrote:Jay, with NO magazine in the gun I pull the slide back, let it go & the slide goes all the way forward. But the gun won't dry fire. Is the magazine safety still hooked up? .... With a magazine in the gun {but no ammo in the magazine}, I pull the slide back & let it go, the slide goes forward 1/8" & then stops (I'm not easing it forward). So an empty magazine is keeping the slide from going forward. But, If I put ammo in the magazine, pull the slide back & let it go it chambers a round. I then pull the slide back, let it go & it ejects the un-shot round & chambers another round....
???