Discussions from Classifieds

Forum to provide feedback for users buying and selling
Forum rules
Please search this forum for a user before creating a new post. If you have feedback for that user, post in the thread that is titled with their name.

If possible, provide a link to the relevant ad.

Please refrain from posting in your thread.
jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Re: Discussions from Classifieds

Post by jckilla » 11 Feb 2013, 13:41

Yeah. He seems like a stand up guy. UPS delivered another package that day to his wife, but the ammo wasn't there. The investigation will be concluded soon, right now all I can do is wait.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Re: WTB .22 LR bulk

Post by Vortec MAX » 11 Feb 2013, 22:43

I have not seen any .22 LR on the shelves since Obummer got re-elected. I don't have enough either. I usually shoot 1,500 rounds each summer. I only have enough for a year and a half at that rate. Then what?

I did not stock up because I thought 19.99 for a box of Federal Bulk Pack (525 rounds) was ridiculous. I mean... I can remember paying 7.99 for the same thing at Cabela's a few years ago. Now a box of 525 is selling for $50 plus on GunBroker. And that's the only place I can find it. I would gladly pay 19.99 now... if I could find some.

Mike

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 12 Feb 2013, 04:45

It seems to be gone from all but a few places that are charging high prices.

Champion shooters is out and so is midway and cabelas.
كاف

PainKillaX
custom title: I rep that west

Post by PainKillaX » 12 Feb 2013, 11:37

50+ for Federal bulk? I wonder what those 1600 round bulk dry boxes of CCI are worth now...

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 12 Feb 2013, 12:01

I remember only a couple years ago, when I would open up the Naval ROTC range at the University of Texas at 3am in the morning during finals week, shoot 1500 rounds of .22 while training for NRA collegiate. Those were good de-stressing, cathartic moments.

I'll cherish the freedom in those memories, forever.

The Naval ROTC range was demolished the year I graduated (a year and a half ago). We were so blessed. It was an open range, one of the very few any college in America had. Most are tiny, stuffy, and have lanes that restrict movement.

And now that ammunition prices are high... we should be so thankful we've gotten the opportunity to have shot so much and so many platforms. Think about it. How many co-workers - people who have never even talked about guns in their life, before - have come up to you and asked you about purchasing a firearm? Or tell you they just got one?

They've never experienced the joy and pure, unadulterated fun of just going out there and exercising their freedoms while making bangbangpewpews.

We are so blessed. Instead of getting bitter at ammo prices, so-called gouging, etc., we should look back and be thankful we have had experiences that so many can only dream of in America, and overseas, across the world.

Smile, always. :)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 12 Feb 2013, 12:34

So Blue... what kind of ammo do you use when you shoot competitions? I am cheap. I cringe at paying the prices they ask for "match grade" .22 shells.

Mike

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 12 Feb 2013, 12:50

Vortec MAX wrote:So Blue... what kind of ammo do you use when you shoot competitions? I am cheap. I cringe at paying the prices they ask for "match grade" .22 shells.

Mike
Mike, team useD the Swiss .22 ammunition, which has nickel plated brass casings, and extremely consistent pressures and burn. They shot these out of match grade Pardinis and Benellis.

Because I like to give the special finger to snobby, high-brow competition gear, (especially foreign ones from Italy),

I used a vintage bone stock Ruger Mk I and Federal 550 bulk pack ammunition.

You can probably search my name up on the NRA Collegiate database. I beat a lot of Aggies and their $3000 match .22LR guns with my $200 AMERICAN RUGER. I deserve no credit as it isn't an attribute of my skill with such a mocked and venerable cartridge, but to the Made-in-America Ruger Mk I that had hundreds of thousands of rounds down it.

Because,

'MURICA.

If you want good standard .22LR, use CCI. If you want good match .22LR, use Wolf match, RWS Gold match, or LaPua. A box of 50 for some of them? $24+

I will always use bulk pack because Blue gives no ****'s. Match grade is overrated, compared to my sub-MOA rocks. I'm kidding. Match grade would get .30 groupings at 15 meters, while bulk pack would get around 1 inch.

I must have eaten coOkiEz or something, because this post seems really hyperactive.

Mike, just avoid Remington ANYTHING ammo and you'll be fine. I've probably shot 18-25 different lines of .22LR ammunition. If you want detailed information on which ammunition or platform shoots MOA/sub-MOA out of each other, send me a PM so I don't have to bore the forum with .22LR test results.

Lastly,

'MURICA & TEXAS FYEAAAAAA.
Shoot more, worry less.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 12 Feb 2013, 13:09

Good info Blue. I always love to hear from someone who has tried it all. I usually shoot the Federal bulk stuff, even when I compete (although that's not often). I too have had bad experiences with Remington. I bought a bulk pack where 1 in 10 were duds. One in every magazine on average. That is terrible QC.

I also like CCI and have a pretty good stash of that. It's more expensive than the Federal bulk however.

My favorite .22 is made in Switzerland. It's a Sig/Hammerli Trailside. I also recently bougtht a Ruger MK III 22/45 Lite, but I have not fired a round through it yet. I put a snap cap in it to try the trigger and thought it was terrible. So I bought a Volquartzen trigger upgrade kit for it.

I think that is awesome that you did that well with a stock Ruger. Did it have a stock trigger too?

Thanks again for the info.

Mike

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:24

Last 7 posts from viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 12 Feb 2013, 13:37

Vortec MAX wrote:Good info Blue. I always love to hear from someone who has tried it all. I usually shoot the Federal bulk stuff, even when I compete (although that's not often). I too have had bad experiences with Remington. I bought a bulk pack where 1 in 10 were duds. One in every magazine on average. That is terrible QC.

I also like CCI and have a pretty good stash of that. It's more expensive than the Federal bulk however.

My favorite .22 is made in Switzerland. It's a Sig/Hammerli Trailside. I also recently bougtht a Ruger MK III 22/45 Lite, but I have not fired a round through it yet. I put a snap cap in it to try the trigger and thought it was terrible. So I bought a Volquartzen trigger upgrade kit for it.

I think that is awesome that you did that well with a stock Ruger. Did it have a stock trigger too?

Thanks again for the info.

Mike
It was bone stock, but Ruger Mk's have good-enough triggers, IMO. I have not tried the new Lite's, they aren't my cup of tea. Too flashy. I like the subdued and don't like standing out in the crowd.

Hammerli's are nice. The NRA Collegiate scene use them, also. Along with S&W 41's.

Yeah, stay away from Remington.
Shoot more, worry less.

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 12 Feb 2013, 15:37

blueorison wrote:
Vortec MAX wrote:So Blue... what kind of ammo do you use when you shoot competitions? I am cheap. I cringe at paying the prices they ask for "match grade" .22 shells.

Mike
Mike, team useD the Swiss .22 ammunition, which has nickel plated brass casings, and extremely consistent pressures and burn. They shot these out of match grade Pardinis and Benellis.

Because I like to give the special finger to snobby, high-brow competition gear, (especially foreign ones from Italy),

I used a vintage bone stock Ruger Mk I and Federal 550 bulk pack ammunition.

You can probably search my name up on the NRA Collegiate database. I beat a lot of Aggies and their $3000 match .22LR guns with my $200 AMERICAN RUGER. I deserve no credit as it isn't an attribute of my skill with such a mocked and venerable cartridge, but to the Made-in-America Ruger Mk I that had hundreds of thousands of rounds down it.

Because,

'MURICA.

If you want good standard .22LR, use CCI. If you want good match .22LR, use Wolf match, RWS Gold match, or LaPua. A box of 50 for some of them? $24+

I will always use bulk pack because Blue gives no ****'s. Match grade is overrated, compared to my sub-MOA rocks. I'm kidding. Match grade would get .30 groupings at 15 meters, while bulk pack would get around 1 inch.

I must have eaten coOkiEz or something, because this post seems really hyperactive.

Mike, just avoid Remington ANYTHING ammo and you'll be fine. I've probably shot 18-25 different lines of .22LR ammunition. If you want detailed information on which ammunition or platform shoots MOA/sub-MOA out of each other, send me a PM so I don't have to bore the forum with .22LR test results.

Lastly,

'MURICA & TEXAS FYEAAAAAA.
Listen to this man, I have shot every brand of 22lr I could find. CCI for plinking and Wolf for match shooting are the two I buy.

Nothing but the best for my custom 10/22 babies. :D
كاف

bravo619
custom title: Concrete Jungle

Re: WTS 5.7 brass

Post by bravo619 » 06 Mar 2013, 09:57

wow i guess my once fired sold by me at $22 shipped for 140rnds was a good deal for someone? didn't know it was so valuable.

DarkWater

Post by DarkWater » 06 Mar 2013, 16:05

Yep, I have seen some go on gunbroker for $800 for 2k brass...most goes for a bit less, every once in a while a bit more... Pretty crazy. And most of those are with another 5-15 for shipping. So for what's out there 35/100 is fair.

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 06 Mar 2013, 20:01

DarkWater wrote:Yep, I have seen some go on gunbroker for $800 for 2k brass...most goes for a bit less, every once in a while a bit more... Pretty crazy. And most of those are with another 5-15 for shipping. So for what's out there 35/100 is fair.
Dang...that's flippin crazy. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't sell some of my stash too....
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

fd57

Post by fd57 » 07 Mar 2013, 03:55

That's insane! There is no way someone who reloads paid $800 for 2K pieces of brass!

That had to be a panic buyer who has never reloaded before.

They should save their coins for their pending ER visit.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 07 Mar 2013, 07:30

I guess the 1,000 pieces I sold here for $60 was kind of a deal.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 07 Mar 2013, 07:32

Lets stop trashing on the OP's tread. It's HIS item(s) and HE can sell it for what HE wants.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Mar 2013, 08:58

Stitches1974 wrote:Lets stop trashing on the OP's tread. It's HIS item(s) and HE can sell it for what HE wants.
Good point.
Last 6 posts moved from http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 38&t=14416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 07 Mar 2013, 11:49

Oops, sorry Irish...forgot it was in the classifieds.
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 07 Mar 2013, 22:25

After 25 days, the package arrived, ( unopened ) to its destination in Texas. I take back the snide comments about UPS and their drivers. Anyways, just thought I'd post this, since I initiated the comments about UPS. -