Discussions from Classifieds

Forum to provide feedback for users buying and selling
Forum rules
Please search this forum for a user before creating a new post. If you have feedback for that user, post in the thread that is titled with their name.

If possible, provide a link to the relevant ad.

Please refrain from posting in your thread.
NLVMike

Re: WTB 1 box of ss198lf or ss195 for new FiveseveN owner

Post by NLVMike » 29 Jan 2013, 06:35

You know those days when you put on a jacket you haven't worn in a while and find a $20 in the pocket? Totally makes your day. Well, I went to the range on Saturday and grabbed a range bag I haven't used in a while. In it I found SIX!! PS90 mags I had totally forgotten about. All LOADED!!. Totally made my day. One of them happened to be loaded with SS195. Still in such a good mood that I am willing to spread the joy to a new FsN owner. PM me and I can make you a heck of deal.

(go ahead, say it. How does a guy forget about 6 PS90 mags? Getting older seems to have several advantages. I just can't remember what the others are)

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 29 Jan 2013, 13:41

NLVMike wrote:You know those days when you put on a jacket you haven't worn in a while and find a $20 in the pocket? Totally makes your day. Well, I went to the range on Saturday and grabbed a range bag I haven't used in a while. In it I found SIX!! PS90 mags I had totally forgotten about. All LOADED!!. Totally made my day. One of them happened to be loaded with SS195. Still in such a good mood that I am willing to spread the joy to a new FsN owner. PM me and I can make you a heck of deal.

(go ahead, say it. How does a guy forget about 6 PS90 mags? Getting older seems to have several advantages. I just can't remember what the others are)
:laugh: :thumb:

That's whippin awesome, Mike!!! Wish I was there share the laugh. I've been there.

I've totally forgotten about some awesome EA stuff I've had in the past, and opened my drawer only to be shocked!

Hope you had fun at the range. :thumb:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Gunner

Re: L191 FN 5.7 AP tracer ammo ss191

Post by Gunner » 03 Feb 2013, 14:30

I have almost a full box. How much is something like this going for?

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 03 Feb 2013, 14:43

Almost upwards of 15$/round. That's panic pricing. I'd really like some for testing

Gunner

Post by Gunner » 03 Feb 2013, 15:17

Also, when shipping ammo, is there anything special I need to do? That will be the deciding factor on whether or not I sell these.
Last edited by Rapier1772 on 03 Feb 2013, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed additional for sale plug

Gunner

Post by Gunner » 03 Feb 2013, 15:28

ok, I guess i won't try to get this ammo to fiveseven forum users. everybody say thank you rapier. gunbroker here i come. see ya.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Discussions for Classifieds

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Feb 2013, 17:16

What is so hard about the concept of NOT using the classifieds for discussions?
Posts related to the sale/purchase/trade of the item(s) listed in the OP only.

So I started this thread just to move any/all discussion matter - it's a lot easier and much less time consuming for mods than searching for an appropriate thread into which to move the posts. The subject line of the individual post will show the parent thread it is from.

Posting/piggy-backing another member's thread for marketing one's own stuff, very rude.
If you have stuff to sell, make your own thread! If you don't have the post count, contact jmz5 for a paid membership.

You're welcome to bring your discussions here to start with, even post a ('a' is singular, meaning one) reference link in the classifieds ad to show there is a discussion going on elsewhere about that topic. Not everyone needs to post a "posted in the discussion thread," "posted in the discussion thread," "posted in the discussion thread..."
For that matter you can start your own discussion thread & reference the particular classifieds thread.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 03 Feb 2013, 17:26

About 15/round. I'd like some for testing, but can't afford $15/round

Gunner

Re: Discussions from Classifieds

Post by Gunner » 03 Feb 2013, 20:51

How is it piggy backing when I have the item that they put in the "looking to buy section?" It's cool man, no biggie. You can place a bid on GB if you want the ammo I got for free and was going to pass along to other FsN lovers.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Feb 2013, 21:08

It became piggy backing when you posted in that thread about your other ammo for sale. Ammo that was unrelated to the OP. Which, in your case, could also be seen as an attempt to skirt the 50 posts rule.

But you're not the only to try it recently, you just happen to be the lucky one that made me decide that a more direct approach is necessary. It was more timing & and an increasing frequency of that sort of behavior than anything else.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Smithy

Post by Smithy » 04 Feb 2013, 03:46

blueorison wrote:
NLVMike wrote:You know those days when you put on a jacket you haven't worn in a while and find a $20 in the pocket? Totally makes your day. Well, I went to the range on Saturday and grabbed a range bag I haven't used in a while. In it I found SIX!! PS90 mags I had totally forgotten about. All LOADED!!. Totally made my day. One of them happened to be loaded with SS195. Still in such a good mood that I am willing to spread the joy to a new FsN owner. PM me and I can make you a heck of deal.

:laugh: :thumb:

That's whippin awesome, Mike!!! Wish I was there share the laugh. I've been there.

I've totally forgotten about some awesome EA stuff I've had in the past, and opened my drawer only to be shocked!

Hope you had fun at the range. :thumb:
I know the feeling. I recently closed my studio after 30 years. Found all kinds of stuff that the shop trolls had carried off. It was like Christmas. ...Teddy

Gunner

Post by Gunner » 04 Feb 2013, 16:59

It's understandable I guess. Just unfortunate for the guys that actually wanted it.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 04 Feb 2013, 19:26

:( :( SAD FACE :(

shoetr--X

Re: WTS: Assortment of Elite Ammo

Post by shoetr--X » 10 Feb 2013, 11:06

From viewtopic.php?f=38&t=14281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
panzermk2 wrote:Just an FYI folkes the vacuum packing is how we started packing our ammo. It sealed stuff up nice but it was a time consuming PIA so we switched to our own die cut boxes shortly afterward.
:agree: But v p is great for long term storage... times as they are... might be worth while option$$. :monkey:

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 10 Feb 2013, 22:21

just a quick reminder to anyone sending ammo UPS. Please remember to insure your packages. I forgot to insure ONE package that I sent to Dallas, Texas ( a box of S5 & T6 ) and wouldn't you know it, it's been stolen. Bleeping THIEVES. It only costs 90 cents per $100 of insurance, so even one box that goes out, I have been insuring for a thousand dollars. I am really in disbelief right now. UPS supposedly loaded the package onto a truck on the 6th, and it never made it to it's destination. UPS workers are union, and get paid VERY well. To take a risk and steal a package clearly marked ORM-D makes it an even bigger gamble for the thief, but I guess they really don't care. This box of S5 was one of the last, I pulled it off GB and sold it privately, and if anyone happens to see it pop up in the forum or for sale anywhere, please let me know. ( yes i know there are other boxes of S5 & T6 out there, but I have the lot # for the S5, as well as the lot # for the T6 and if it's being sold out of Dallas TX by a NEW seller, that would raise suspicion. If the package is somehow found, I will update, but it's been 5 days of searching ( UPS hub managers have been looking for it, and they haven't come up with anything. So the last person to scan it, or the driver are the most likely culprits. I at least hope UPS does investigations down to the cameras, because i know they prosecute, and since it was labeled ORM-D, they said they put more emphasis on tracking it since it could be, well anything that falls in that category. ( just venting, btw, cause I'm gonna have to eat the $520 )- Be well everyone

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 10 Feb 2013, 22:55

I'm sorry to hear about that.

On another forum, one user posted pictures of his ORMD package - one of a crate of ss197.

It had been torn apart, and they literally urinated on it.

It doesn't require imagination to realize that it was a gun-hating worker who knew ORMD was usually marked for ammunition (among other things), checked by tearing into it, and let his emotions and liquids fly loose.

Comical, disgusting, and pathetic.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 11 Feb 2013, 07:10

jckilla -

Did you UPS confirm the driver never delivered the package at the destination address?

IE, what information about the last scan does UPS have?

Just trying to determine if UPS never delivered it and they have no scan of it being delivered, or if UPS says they delivered it but recipient says he/she never received it.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 11 Feb 2013, 07:12

To add to this: take photos and or video of the item(s) as you package it, in whatever packaging, and then sealing the box.

Had one shipment recently wherein the recipient said that one of 3 items was not in box. Weight shows all 3 were in the box, but my word against the recipients, so without photos/videos I just sent another item out. I'm now back to videoing the packaging up and sealing of packages.

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Post by jckilla » 11 Feb 2013, 10:00

shows it was scanned, then on vehicle for delivery - never made it to the recipients house. It was last scanned in Dallas, TX at the hub there, shows -on truck for delivery. Looks to me as if the driver is the responsible party.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 11 Feb 2013, 12:29

Absolutely. That was the last scan - on truck for delivery. At that point A) still on truck, B) mis-delivered with other package(s) at another address (and not returned), C) purposely stolen, or D) something else.

Have you asked the intended recipient how much ammo they have ordered, and if they have ever had an issue with non-delivery?