Ft. Hood

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
fatherfoof

Ft. Hood

Post by fatherfoof » 05 Nov 2009, 22:16

It is appropriate that I initiate this post. Having two kids who army arny doctors, one a psyciatrist, I have a view particularly as a vet and Christian clergyman that would be a good starting point. My kids went to West Point, and then were sent to med school by the army. They knowingly accepted this opportunity knowing they owe time to the army for payback, although they get finacial pay far beyond what I get as a retired cop. My kids went to theater--it goes with the job. My son is in Iraq now. Having worked Homicide I need to ask how with a revolver, and one semi (given trained POLICE miss one third of the time) he got off 90 rounds. There, by logic but not witness had to have been another shooter. He wanted out of the military, because he might fight muslims. In WW II I suppose all the guys should not fight because the Nazis also were Christians. This doctor said to his COL people should put on bombs and go to Times Square. Another issue is take note of the MPH after his name. They only select the best for that program. He got in ONLY as muslim/arab minority status. We paid a fortune for that. That is totally aside from med school.God forgive me, but as a Nam vet and parent of two soldiers I am disgusted this scumbag is alive. He never saw combat, so don't even consider going to PTSD. He is a muslim, and will take what he can from America and hurt us however he can. Remember the first mass casualties in Des Storm 1? It was a muslim soldier tossing a grenade into his buddies' tents. Piece of <profanity> needs to die.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

EARS

Re: Ft. Hood

Post by EARS » 06 Nov 2009, 08:10

The Officer tried to take him out, before she was hit herself. She is the hero of the day. It was her bullets, that put him down. I'm not sure you saw it, but the thread on this was moved to the monkey cage. I totally agree with every word. My prayers also go out to the families, and friends of the killed victims and those injuried and their families. I pray for total and quick recoveries.

stg2ahn

Post by stg2ahn » 06 Nov 2009, 09:55

I try my best to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but with muslims, I am having a hard time.

Seems like they demand more than equality on American soil, yet they are quiet when Christians or minorities are tortured and killed abroad, by muslims.

I am surprised a mustang would do this kind of thing. This wasn't just some newbie ROTC guy. He has been in service for awhile...

OdDuMet
custom title: Oderint Dum Metuant

Post by OdDuMet » 06 Nov 2009, 10:52

Looks like he may have used a 5.7 pistol.

"The initial investigation shows that Hasan allegedly used only one gun during the attack — a 5.7-caliber semiautomatic pistol."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_ ... ng_suspect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

prc-104

Wonder what this will do to the 5.7 image???

Post by prc-104 » 06 Nov 2009, 11:23

clipped from new.yahoo.com
The initial investigation shows that Hasan allegedly used only one gun during the attack — a 5.7-caliber semiautomatic pistol.

Wonderful ...not.
/john

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 06 Nov 2009, 11:25

Ho boy...here it comes. Cop killer gun used to kill soldiers by misguided 'peaceful' Muslim... :wall:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 06 Nov 2009, 11:27

great.. just what we need.

toyslr

Re: Wonder what this will do to the 5.7 image???

Post by toyslr » 06 Nov 2009, 11:28

A weapon is an inanimate object, it takes evil behind the trigger to become
a danger. :evil:

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 06 Nov 2009, 11:34

I have a bumper sticker that says
Guns Don't Kill People
People On Cell Phones Do
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 06 Nov 2009, 11:35

Logically he could have done the same thing with any number of weapons.

But folks like the bradys will claim otherwise.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 06 Nov 2009, 11:48

merged with existing thread.

stg2ahn

Post by stg2ahn » 06 Nov 2009, 12:25

I for one am glad this bastar* is alive. He needs to answer for his crimes.

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 06 Nov 2009, 12:57

Unfortunately the POS is in a coma.
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 Nov 2009, 13:47

yep, the 5.7 angle will be too juicy for the media (and the grabbers) to miss. A lot of people are convinced he must have had help in order to kill or wound 41 people. Since it appears there was no conspiracy, they will latch on to the evil assault pistol [which of course they will be sure to point out is also a 'favorite' of the mexican drug cartels] as the culprit. This is just the sort of 'cause' I could see some liberal politicians jumping on so they can act like they are doing something to prevent further mass attacks like this. Of course, calling for closer scrutiny of outspoken/disgruntled muslim soldiers and loosening the strangle-hold of political correctness wouldn't even enter into their minds.
Last edited by Grantness on 06 Nov 2009, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 06 Nov 2009, 13:50

Grantness wrote:yep, the 5.7 angle will be too juicy for the media (and the grabbers) to miss. A lot of people are convinced he must have had help in order to kill or wound 41 people. Since it appears there was no conspiracy, they will latch on to the evil assault pistol [which of course they will be sure to point out is also a favorite of the mexican drug cartels] as the culprit.
When I searched news reports for 'Ft. Hood' 'Fiveseven' and 5.7x28 - I got nothing. Searching just the weapon yielded a lot of news in espanol
Embrace the Suck

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 Nov 2009, 13:58

Searching: "malik nadal hasan 5.7 pistol" will yield a lot of articles from AP. Its too early yet for them to start talking about the FsN he used. The fact that he used a FsN hasn't even been confirmed. It was only reported by an anonymous law enforcement officer that he used a "5.7 caliber semi-automatic". I doubt most people know that that could only mean the FsN. They will put 2 & 2 together soon enough. Once they realize its the same cop-killer, vest penetrating, assault pistol they reported the mexican mafia using, its going to hit the fan.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 06 Nov 2009, 14:07

Only problem with him living is that our Government will not follow up on treason charges in addition
murder in the 1st. They will not have the balls for execution on this, he will spend the rest of his life in
a nut house or a Federal Pen.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 06 Nov 2009, 14:18

It would be interesting if it turned out not to be a 5.7.

I could see that. High capacity magazines, a lot of rounds fired, some cop who just read a brady leaflet comes to the conclusion that it was a five seven.

Certainly could have been, but who knows? How often have these things been misreported?

57CT

Post by 57CT » 06 Nov 2009, 14:19

... and here comes the Brady Campaign, not a moment too soon, with their usual BS. (Link: http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/n ... ng-handgun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

------
WASHINGTON --- Four and a half years ago, three police organizations in the United States issued advisories to warn officers that a new handgun introduced into the U.S. market by a Belgium manufacturer of military firearms represented a unique threat to the safety of police officers.

It was a handgun that was designed to fire bullets through body armor. A U.S. Senator and a U.S. Congressman urged a legal ban on civilian possession of the firearm, which began being referred to as the “cop killer gun.”

The gun, manufactured by FN Herstal of Belgium, is lightweight and easily concealable, and was designed as a military sidearm to complement military rifles made by the same company. One law enforcement expert referred to the Five-Seven as “an assault rifle that fits in your pocket.” While no police officer has reportedly been killed by a suspect armed with a Five-Seven, it may now have taken the lives of U.S. soldiers.

Today, several news sources are reporting that it was the Five-Seven that Nidal M. Hasan used in his shooting attack at Fort Hood in Texas Thursday. In January 2005, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), International Brotherhood of Police Officers (IBPO) and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE), released their alert to the police community at a press conference, joined by U.S. Senator Charles Schumer and Congressman Elliott Engel of New York.

When first launched for civilian sales, company officials wrote on the company website that “enemy personnel, even wearing body armor can be effectively engaged up to 200 meters. Kevlar® helmets and vests as well as the CRISAT protection will be penetrated.” That language has since been removed by FN Herstal.

In early 2005, Brady Campaign staff purchased the weapon at a Virginia gun dealer and test-fired it.The bullets successfully penetrated a police Kevlar vest. As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies.

-------

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 Nov 2009, 14:38

damn, that didn't take long. :wall: