Ft. Hood

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Re: Ft. Hood

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 11 Nov 2009, 17:21

OdDuMet
custom title: Oderint Dum Metuant

Post by OdDuMet » 12 Nov 2009, 08:37

tejohnson wrote:Interesting read:

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20091111 ... challenges" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Hasan Case: Overt Clues and Tactical Challenges
November 11, 2009 | 1841 GMT

By Scott Stewart and Fred Burton

Stratfor is awesome. It has been accurately described as something of a private CIA, and is run by ex-intelligence agents with a vast amount of experience. I have a paid subscription and I wont pay for much in the way of information. It's amazing how very little of what you hear in the mainstream news has *anything* to do with what is actually going on with respect to geopolitics....and how little you do hear about what really is going on and why.

They have a free subscription option on their www site somewhere. You only get a couple articles a week for the free subscription, but I highly recommend it.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 12 Nov 2009, 09:21

Article makes ALOT of sense....

EARS

Post by EARS » 12 Nov 2009, 09:39

It does that... make alot of sense.

OdDuMet
custom title: Oderint Dum Metuant

Post by OdDuMet » 12 Nov 2009, 13:25

I know this is a very serious situation, but here's a little related humor to lighten things up a bit and blow off a bit of steam in a healthy way....

MinuteofZombie

Post by MinuteofZombie » 12 Nov 2009, 13:29

I agree - very informative and perceptive article.

What I am most impressed by is the lack of assumption. It seems like the majority of information circulating around out there regarding Hasan's motives, the actions of the Feds, the fact that this was able to occur following an informal federal investigation about his contact with the Yemeni imam; are all speculative and/or assumptions being floated by surface-trawlers like the talking heads who are missing all the depth and context.

I am actually soon to be a new fiveseven owner myself. It sounds silly, but I have always admired the FN weapons platform and decided, when I saw this happen, that it was time to get one finally. I, personally, endeavor not to be an alarmist, but too many factors are stacking one-on-top-of-the-other to deny the practical possibility of a future ban. Even if they aren't banned, there's a good chance that the good ole' law of supply and "NRA-generating-panic-laden-emails" will take hold and prices will skyrocket.

Greetings.
Last edited by MinuteofZombie on 12 Nov 2009, 13:38, edited 2 times in total.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 12 Nov 2009, 13:30

OdDuMet wrote:.

I know this is a very serious situation, but here's a little related humor to lighten things up a bit and blow off a bit of steam in a healthy way....
A Muslim, an Imam and Secretary Napolitano walk into a bar...

hookdriver

Post by hookdriver » 14 Nov 2009, 08:51

A good opinion piece from WND on the disarming of soldiers on our own posts. I know some don't like WND, but this is opinion -- not news.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115985

Contains this great quote attributed to Thomas Paine:
Could the peaceable principle of the Quakers be universally established, arms and the art of war would be wholly extirpated: But we live not in a world of angels. … I am thus far a Quaker, that I would gladly agree with all the world to lay aside the use of arms, and settle matters by negotiation: but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my musket and thank heaven he has put it in my power.

I didn't realize that Clinton made such a large change in '93. I didn't join up until '97. Any members here share what weapon control was like on post prior to '93?

romer522

Post by romer522 » 17 Nov 2009, 10:49

Larue Tactical is doing a fundraiser for the Fort Hood victims families. 100% of the donation goes to the proper charity and you get a free fridge-magnet beverage entry tool as well.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactic ... bok?no=403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 23 Nov 2009, 19:31

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fort Hood suspect may use insanity defense
FORT WORTH, Texas – An Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people during an attack on his Texas post will likely plead not guilty to the charges against him and may use an insanity defense at his military trial, his attorney said Monday.

John Galligan, the civilian attorney for Maj. Nidal Hasan, said he is considering an insanity defense among other options, but that it's too early to determine his defense strategy.

"Based on the evidence thus far, his mental status must be raised," Galligan told The Associated Press by phone from his office near Fort Hood, about 130 miles southwest of Dallas. "Anybody who allegedly engages in conduct that is completely contradictory to his lifestyle and military career — an insanity defense has to be considered."

Hasan has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder in the Nov. 5 shooting at Fort Hood, and military officials have said they may file more charges. More than two dozen others were wounded in the shooting spree, which happened at a building where soldiers finalize their wills and are medically screened before they are deployed.

Galligan said military law requires his client to plead not guilty if prosecutors seek the death penalty, but he said that decision has not been made.

Hasan remains in intensive care at a San Antonio military hospital, where he was taken after being shot during the attack. At a hearing in his hospital room Saturday, Hasan was ordered to remain in custody until trial.

Galligan said he is frustrated because prosecutors are taking too long to respond to his questions and requests. He said he has asked why no witnesses were allowed to testify during Saturday's hearing, and why it was closed to the news media. He said he had planned to question Hasan's commander, who in documents indicated Hasan would be moved to an unspecified hospital but did not say when.

Fort Hood officials did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Nov 2009, 21:35

I read that earlier today... who wants to place bets on what the outcome will be if he does plead insanity?

romer522

Post by romer522 » 23 Nov 2009, 21:38

If he doesn't get executed I'm gonna be severely disappointed in our country.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 23 Nov 2009, 21:38

It doesn't stop there. The 9/11 f***s are takling about pleading guilty with the knowlege of a public hearing.

... I don't know what our leaders are thinking, giving prisoners of war a pulpit.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Nov 2009, 21:41

I know what they're thinking... "what can we do to bring this country down from the inside?"

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 24 Nov 2009, 12:42

f3rr37 wrote:I know what they're thinking... "what can we do to bring this country down from the inside?"
Yeah, I think that was the internal Memo straight from the President's Desk... :wall:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 24 Nov 2009, 12:50

Cyberfly wrote: Yeah, I think that was the internal Memo straight from the President's Desk... :wall:
Nah, Obama is just a puppet, just an image, he's nobody compared to the people who are really holding the cards.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 24 Nov 2009, 12:53

My how are fore fathers would cringe at the thought of the current state of the Union.
Embrace the Suck

msw

Post by msw » 24 Nov 2009, 16:04

I saw this question before but didn't see an answer--sorry if I missed it:

Does anyone know which ammo this coward used? I realize it's a morbid question, but I've a professional interest, as a general & trauma surgeon. I suspect SS197, but that's just a guess. Not looking to offend anyone here.

Thanks,

msw

EARS

Post by EARS » 24 Nov 2009, 17:00

I don't recall it was ever reported?

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 24 Nov 2009, 17:04

As far as I know it hasn't been confirmed by the Military or Government Goons yet.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;