These are Normal Muslims in the UK... and America

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

These are Normal Muslims in the UK... and America

Post by blueorison » 12 Oct 2014, 12:49

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Re: These are Normal Muslims in the UK... and America

Post by jgreenberg01 » 12 Oct 2014, 16:46

I saw that happening in Sweden as well.

It. Is. Sickening.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 12 Oct 2014, 18:07

I try to be charismatic about other people. I am a Christian man and I do not see how anybody could follow a religion that preaches hate and violence. The second they step on my soil preaching. They are going to wake up in HELL with no virgins, just satan having his way with them. seven fold

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 12 Oct 2014, 20:00

As many times as I have heard them try to say they are a peaceful religion, there is always a video or news report talking and showing this very same attitude shown in the video. They pick and choose what laws or authority they will obey. The law of the land is just that, the law of the land. No person or persons are above the law, and religion has no say in that voted upon and accepted law. Yes some laws are far reaching and crappy, but that is the beauty of democracy that we can petition and vote to change them. The UK is way to accepting of them and this is why they have had more terrorist acts in their country. Every person in that video talking about the law like that should be rounded up as preaching lawlessness and terrorism.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

bobbatchelor

Post by bobbatchelor » 14 Oct 2014, 09:44

About had enough, how about you?

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 14 Oct 2014, 12:22

I'm pretty sure that a whole lot of people have had enough. While our government and media are too politically correct to speak the truth, I do need to point out that it could be a lot worse:

At least we have not been as stupid as, or had our heads in the sand as much as Europe and Scandinavia have.

Although we certainly have the capability to get there...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 14 Oct 2014, 14:08

Some input;

I grew up with Muslims, stayed at their homes, hung out with them.

The ones in Southeast Asia ARE different. They leave you alone and live peacefully. The ones in the middle-east, I won't speak for. The ones in UK and America, I won't, either.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 14 Oct 2014, 20:44

Sorry Blue If I might have offended you. I was not trying to imply that they are all the same everywhere. There are also some decent ones even in the Middle East. I was referring to those in the videos that have been vocal in that manner. I know there are decent Muslims out there that do not preach the same rhetoric. I personally know a few. The biggest issue I see is the labeling of the groups as Muslim. They are not the same religion and follow books that have been twisted to suit their own purpose.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

FNGuy

Post by FNGuy » 15 Oct 2014, 12:29

I think we are all in for a rude awakening with these people and their religious beliefs. But this is America, and we have always welcomed all religions.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 16 Oct 2014, 05:18

Having been to Kuwait and Bosnia, both Muslim and both very different, I'm sure Blue is on point in that Middle-Eastern Muslims are the problematic ones. If it were up to me, I'd nuke the place, go back with radiation suits, and resume pumping oil. What saddens me about the Muslim faith is that despite it's peaceful teachings, the majority of believers are not standing up declaring how the extremists to not represent or speak for them. I think that they should be doing more to promote their faith and oppose extremists, rather than idly let a few create a negative stereotype of the many.

The maddening part is our own culture; here, we are so worried about offending someone (Muslims) that we are willing to trample our own (Christian) beliefs. Even non-Christians uphold Christian values in this country. Oddly enough, Islam does too. Standing up for your beliefs in the face of protesters here is seen as oppression, rather than the equal expression of a different belief.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 16 Oct 2014, 06:08

It is true that it's wrong to paint an entire group with a broad brush. The problem is that it can be difficult to avoid such temptations because the scene portrayed in the video is being played out over and over again in many countries.

I was in Sweden in the 80s when the country literally had a quota for providing religious/political asylum to X number of people per year. The majority of them were from Iran and Turkey - I met many of them while I was in Swedish class. They were seemingly normal people who were put into a really ugly situation in their homeland, and were forced to leave.

Shortly after that, many of them could be seen hanging out on street corners all day, smoking their cigarettes... all while taking the apartments, furniture, food & money that the government provided for them.

Fast forward a decade or two and now women can't walk the streets alone at night in the big Swedish cities without having to fear being attacked by these very same people that the government had provided shelter, food & money to in their time of need. I watched a video from a Swedish university classroom where a professor had the nerve to show a film that portrayed their profit Mohammed in a less-than-flattering light. He was verbally attacked by a room filled with Muslin students, claiming that "this was their country and he should be more respectful of their profit."

His home was mysteriously burned the next day.

Go back and watch the video above again. Let what is happening really sink in. It's not just England.

I'm not so sure that these thugs are just from the middle east. This is a creeping cancer that is growing every single day. Even here, we are not immune.

Let's not forget the self-radicalized loons here, who are committing atrocities in the name of Islam. Fort Hood is a particularly spectacular example.

Oh wait, that was just workplace violence according to our government.

Ok, since we can't count that... there's the nutjob who recently cut off a coworkers head in after trying to recruit other workers to convert to Islam.

Hold on, that's probably just your average workplace beheading violence too. Because that happens all the time, right?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 16 Oct 2014, 07:56

Mister Freeze wrote:If it were up to me, I'd nuke the place, go back with radiation suits, and resume pumping oil.
Probably semantics to most people but there is no suit that protects from radiation, just contamination.
Mister Freeze wrote:What saddens me about the Muslim faith is that despite it's peaceful teachings, the majority of believers are not standing up declaring how the extremists to not represent or speak for them. I think that they should be doing more to promote their faith and oppose extremists, rather than idly let a few create a negative stereotype of the many.
I made that point in speech class a couple of years ago, never got a response as to why.
Mister Freeze wrote:The maddening part is our own culture; here, we are so worried about offending someone (Muslims) that we are willing to trample our own (Christian) beliefs. Even non-Christians uphold Christian values in this country. Oddly enough, Islam does too. Standing up for your beliefs in the face of protesters here is seen as oppression, rather than the equal expression of a different belief.
Not just with religion, patriotism is also being portrayed as oppression - how many instances have there been about "asking" someone to take down their American flag because it might offend someone?

BTW Jeff, profit =/= prophet
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

bruteandbear1

Post by bruteandbear1 » 16 Oct 2014, 08:08

I grew up with a musim as well. His parents legally moved ti the US from IRAN and there beliefs are different than mine (Christian) but they were not extremist radicals that wanted to kill everyone who didnt convert. They were ashamed of there middle eastern brothers calling themselves a peaceful religion as they are killing jews and Christians left and right. They also believe that the radicals in the middle east should all be killed because they preach hate and murder anyone who does not believe exactly what they believe in. They are no joke if we do not wipe them out now we may be to late!!! All I have to say is get your guns prepped have lots of ammo and hopefully you have some property away from the city because the extremist are already in the US like it or not.

CoryS78

Post by CoryS78 » 16 Oct 2014, 13:04

I live in OK, right around the corner from where the man beheaded a woman in his workplace... there is crazy everywhere these days unfortunately.

Personally, I don't care about the religion I care about actions and accountability. I think it might be easier for everyone if we ignore or put to the side the "Muslim" part, and just focus on the part where specific people (not even groups) are acting like criminals, ignoring laws, being overtly violent and threatening, and generally not being good neighbors.

I wouldn't care the religion or beliefs of someone who acted in such a manner and I don't think their religion is overall relevant to the situation, I think it allows the media and others to put up a smokescreen of "not all Muslims" blah blah... We need to take that excuse away, because not all humans threaten or hurt other humans, and those that do should be in jail, deported, etc whatever the law says is the appropriate response to their actions.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 20 Jan 2015, 09:42

An update from the UK. Our current administration should watch this video because it explains why Islam has nothing to do with terror, or Islam.

Huh?

Just watch it already...

Mister Freeze

Post by Mister Freeze » 20 Jan 2015, 10:01

Islam, Mexican, and African are not races.

Caucasian, Marathon, and Indy are.

bruteandbear1

Post by bruteandbear1 » 20 Jan 2015, 11:57

Line them all up in a row shoot one bullet :guns: to take as many of them out as you can with one bullet because to me they are not even worth the bullet being shot at them. We could tell them me are having a terrorist convention in IRAQ and all flights are paid for from anywhere around the world, free hotel rooms, free food "there will be suicide bombers :suicide: , IED samples and pictures of America burning". Then when we get them all in the convetion center NUKE the <profanity> out of them. That should take care of at least half of them problem solved :clap:

Cheef

Post by Cheef » 20 Jan 2015, 14:10

I began working in Muslim countries in North Africa the early 80s and found them to be the most friendly hospitable people on earth.
Spent 10 years working the North Coast of Africa--Libya-Tunisa- Algeria- Morroco-Mauritania.
Enjoyed every minute and felt welcome and safe.
Transferred down and worked West Africa for 10 years and away from the Muslim culture.
Went to Iraq and worked right after the last go round there.
Kuwait-Iraq and found the Muslim culture inhospitable and not welcoming.
Transferred back to the North Coast and worked Egypt and hated what the culture and people had become.
Mauritania was the same totally changed in 10 years.
Hated it so much I actually transferred to Siberia and Kazakhstan to round out and finish off my career.
Don't know what happened in 30 or so years but things did change.
One thing I always thought was that the people in third world countris have NOTHING compared to what we have here in the USA.
Before the 80s and the explosion of internet and better communications through satellite TV etc I don't believe thoe people in the poor countries had any kind of clue exactly how horrible they had things. Better contact with the outside world created jealousy and envy is what I believe.
When you have literally nothing a reward in Allahs Kingdom has to look pretty damn good.
A lot of Islam is uneducated and dirt poor. About all the ''formal'' education they are going to be getting is from the local cleric and it seems the clerics have been radicalized for the most part.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Jan 2015, 16:33

Makes sense, they see how much better we have it, compare it to how they are living, living correctly too the Quran as they know it, and it is easy for them to be manipulated into thinking we had to have made a deal with the devil t live well.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Mister Freeze

Post by Mister Freeze » 21 Jan 2015, 09:39

Marxist view; both Islam and Christianity focus on the glory of the afterlife as a reward for enduring the misery of the present.

Oldbindlestiff
Gold Member

Post by Oldbindlestiff » 22 Jan 2015, 06:47

...or, "Religion is the opium (opiate) of the masses (worker)". See Feuerbach, Engels, and Marx for their take on the role of religions in politics and society. Or, A. Hitler, et al, for another view.
Karma. Serving up justice one a**hole at a time.

Cheef

Post by Cheef » 22 Jan 2015, 18:58

Mister Freeze wrote:Marxist view; both Islam and Christianity focus on the glory of the afterlife as a reward for enduring the misery of the present.
But Christianity in general also teaches us that in order to reach that reward we should live a worthy life.
There is a valid argument that the Bible teaches as much hatred as the Quran, and I would agree that the Old Testament is a little out there.
BUT a lot changed with the coming of Jesus Christ, and death on the cross.
New Testament made Christians much more tolerant.
Quran is what it is and will never change. Quran seems to still toe a pretty hard line in dealing with others faiths and failings.
Just a side note that has always struck me as a little funny.
Working in Kuwait you will see some of the most horrific car accidents you could ever imagine. Those folks have no concept of what speed will do to a human body!!
80% of the vehicles you see will have a CD hanging from the mirror. It is the Quran on CD. I remember when I was a kid (my family was Catholic) all my aunts and uncles would have a Jesus or Mary statues setting on the dash. I guess a good luck charm transcends religious differences.

Mister Freeze

Post by Mister Freeze » 22 Jan 2015, 20:02

Dying in a car crash in Kuwait is 'God's will,' not a function of your speed or driving ability. I've seen it too!

'...a worthy life,' as defined by Islam, includes killing and dying on behalf of Allah. Christians turn the other cheek. PoTAYtoes, poTAHtoes, in trems of following your religion.

By definition, no religion can tolerate the existence of another, because to do so is to accept that your faith and beliefs COULD be wrong.

What gets me is all the Muslims claiming that Islam is a faith of peace, whilst doing nothing to stop or at least admonish extremists.

Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 23 Jan 2015, 00:20

Mister Freeze wrote:Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.
Wouldn't that be Islamish?
Funny, she doesn't look Druish
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Mister Freeze

Post by Mister Freeze » 23 Jan 2015, 05:43

Rapier1772 wrote:
Mister Freeze wrote:Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.
Wouldn't that be Islamish?

:lmao: