These are Normal Muslims in the UK... and America

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
Oldbindlestiff
Gold Member

Re: These are Normal Muslims in the UK... and America

Post by Oldbindlestiff » 22 Jan 2015, 06:47

...or, "Religion is the opium (opiate) of the masses (worker)". See Feuerbach, Engels, and Marx for their take on the role of religions in politics and society. Or, A. Hitler, et al, for another view.
Karma. Serving up justice one a**hole at a time.

Cheef

Post by Cheef » 22 Jan 2015, 18:58

Mister Freeze wrote:Marxist view; both Islam and Christianity focus on the glory of the afterlife as a reward for enduring the misery of the present.
But Christianity in general also teaches us that in order to reach that reward we should live a worthy life.
There is a valid argument that the Bible teaches as much hatred as the Quran, and I would agree that the Old Testament is a little out there.
BUT a lot changed with the coming of Jesus Christ, and death on the cross.
New Testament made Christians much more tolerant.
Quran is what it is and will never change. Quran seems to still toe a pretty hard line in dealing with others faiths and failings.
Just a side note that has always struck me as a little funny.
Working in Kuwait you will see some of the most horrific car accidents you could ever imagine. Those folks have no concept of what speed will do to a human body!!
80% of the vehicles you see will have a CD hanging from the mirror. It is the Quran on CD. I remember when I was a kid (my family was Catholic) all my aunts and uncles would have a Jesus or Mary statues setting on the dash. I guess a good luck charm transcends religious differences.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 22 Jan 2015, 20:02

Dying in a car crash in Kuwait is 'God's will,' not a function of your speed or driving ability. I've seen it too!

'...a worthy life,' as defined by Islam, includes killing and dying on behalf of Allah. Christians turn the other cheek. PoTAYtoes, poTAHtoes, in trems of following your religion.

By definition, no religion can tolerate the existence of another, because to do so is to accept that your faith and beliefs COULD be wrong.

What gets me is all the Muslims claiming that Islam is a faith of peace, whilst doing nothing to stop or at least admonish extremists.

Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 23 Jan 2015, 00:20

Mister Freeze wrote:Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.
Wouldn't that be Islamish?
Funny, she doesn't look Druish
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Mister Freeze
custom title: 159.6

Post by Mister Freeze » 23 Jan 2015, 05:43

Rapier1772 wrote:
Mister Freeze wrote:Also, can we quit using the term Islamist when referring to Muslims? The term is Islamic. An Islamist would be someone like a Muslim, but not a Muslim.
Wouldn't that be Islamish?

:lmao: