Lee Reloader Single Stage Press Primer Mods

General reloading

Moderator: Grantness

satellitedr3ams
Gold Member
custom title: TimeTraveler

Lee Reloader Single Stage Press Primer Mods

Post by satellitedr3ams » 05 Jul 2015, 13:36

I was not impressed having to remove the press to clean out the primers from decapping, or a fan of the gap that allows primer gunk to fall through to your floor or bench, soOoOo I made a primer reroute out of some cheap supplies from the hardware store to assist. I am sure you could make it nicer if you want, but this works just fine on this 30$ press.
I heated up a piece of plastic pipe, bent it to the side I wanted primers to flow, cut it on the top, drilled press, fit the plastic to the hole, and then epoxy it into place (epoxy may not be needed if the fit is good enough for you)
Total for the mod was around 5$ with the tools already handy. (drill, snips, and maybe a dremel)
Mod works great and you get a nice audible noise from the plastic when the primer hits the tube.
To catch the primers, I used a lid from a jelly jar to slide under the blue 'catch tube'
Here are the pics for if you decide to Mod your own! My mod was for the Inline Fabrication quick change plate, so I didn't have to keep removing the press from the plate.. felt like that aspect of the press kind of defeats the purpose of it being 'quick change' - But not any longer. :thumb:

*Updated with a Mod for the primer flow hole that is cast into the body of the press. The 'Primer Reroute' mod did not fix the 'Primer Lock-up' from where the primers can travel down the tube slowly and fall between the press body and the ram, So I decided to go ahead and make this cheap-o press work 100%.. The 'Lock-up Solution' Mod is just a U cut piece of the same blue tube that I used for the 'Reroute' mod, that is glued in between the ram and the cast hole for the primers to fall into. I have included a picture for you to see how simple this is to accomplish. 1,000 + primers removed and no 'Lock-Up' - Compared to a ram lock about every 50-100 primers punched. Luckily this will help people who use this solely as a decapping station and have ran into this inconvenience.

I had to purchase a 12' piece of this blue tube to make the mod and I have plenty extra. Send me a PM and I will send you a piece long enough to fit yours if you would like. :)

satellitedr3ams
Gold Member
custom title: TimeTraveler

Re: Lee Reloader Single Stage Press Primer Mods

Post by satellitedr3ams » 22 Jul 2015, 15:10

Updated with a cheap solution to the Primers that tend to lock-up the ram by falling in between the ram and the hole cast into the press for the primers to drop into. Press now functions 100% for dedicated decapping station.

jmz5
Site Admin

Re: Lee Reloader Single Stage Press Primer Mods

Post by jmz5 » 25 Jul 2015, 12:25

Nice mod. I have my primers fall below my press into a garbage bucket.
كاف