9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ T-series (RA9TA) Vs Pork

Forum for discussing factory & reloading non-5.7x28mm ammunition.
Buffman
Silver Member

9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ T-series (RA9TA) Vs Pork

Post by Buffman » 13 Dec 2013, 20:14

Another month another test . Some notes. I like the addition of denim. Helps in aiding to define wound path. I was without my helper and should have waited for another day with more light. I like the idea of a longer video showing more than one shot of a particular round. In this case we got one shot that barely was in the meat, but showed how devastating a clear flesh shot is. Second shot showed good penetration through lighter density flesh, and third shot gave us an idea of what one could expect if striking bone with this round (jacket separation).

jckilla
custom title: jckilla

Re: 9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ T-series (RA9TA) Vs Pork

Post by jckilla » 13 Dec 2013, 22:12

Thanks for doing the test Buff, looks great - btw, check out this new stuff I got - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/659755 ... -box-of-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I got some in 9mm as well - Do you think 2000 fps out of my Sig P220 is too much for the barrel? Some people think it's too fast and can do damage - i think maybe with something other than my Sigs, I've got the 9mm loaded up in my glock 26 and Sig P229, but have yet to fire any - also, check this out - http://truenewsusa.blogspot.com/2013/05 ... berty.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks again.
Josh

Buffman
Silver Member

Re: 9mm Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ T-series (RA9TA) Vs Pork

Post by Buffman » 14 Dec 2013, 20:51

Interesting. I would imagine as long as the pressure isn't excessive, then any damage concerns from the barrel are probably negligible. You have an ultra light bullet traveling on probably a normal charge.

Check out TN's test of this ammo:

It'd be interesting to test against a vest, and in pork.