15%
BENELLI M3 SUPER 90
30%

Total votes: 27

FNtacticalNUT
custom title: GOOD ole VIRGINIA

KSG release update

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 23 Dec 2011, 14:20

I just found out yesterday from a reliable source from KEL-TEC that the KSG'S have started shipping. They shipped out around 250 THURSDAY 12-22-11 before they close for 2 weeks. There are over 10,000 of them on backorder so good luck getting one. These are awesome as I have had the pleasures of firing my friends when he was testing it out. Hopefully they shipped. I have info to the first 3 distributors that are getting them.
PM me if interested
I should get one asap if all goes well but we will see. :D

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Re: KSG release update

Post by jgreenberg01 » 23 Dec 2011, 14:23

Long thread about this already...

http://fnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 23 Dec 2011, 14:25

But that thread does not have any info for the releasing of the shotgun nor does it have a poll.
I am just interested in what others would pick for their self defense shotgun provided availability

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Dec 2011, 16:33

jgreenberg01 wrote:Long thread about this already...

http://fnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And in the wrong section.

SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 23 Dec 2011, 17:05

I'm interested in a couple of them as conveneient shotguns I could put in my vehicles or a boat, simply becuase of their convenient length and relative cost. They are Kel Tecs, every kel tec product I have ever picked up does not have the quality I want in a front-line defnese weapon, but in terms of a budget-minded "better than nothing / dont care if it gets beat to Sh1t", its perfect, which is why I'm going to throw one under the back bench in my dually.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » 23 Dec 2011, 18:33

There's also the Weatherby TR series, pump or semi-auto.

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 23 Dec 2011, 18:36

Sorry I am still working out the kinks on posting on this forum.
No offense intended

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 23 Dec 2011, 18:38

I have both the FN SLP and the MOSSBERG 590A1. For me it is the capacity and function for these 2 guns. It seems that the FN is smoother . But I do like the feature of 14 +1 with the KSG

Iyyob

Post by Iyyob » 15 Jan 2012, 19:32

Any updates on this thing ?

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 15 Jan 2012, 20:23

They are released! Sold one of the first on GB. They will not be a mass produced weapons system, remember the RFB and the prodcution numbers on them. Don't look for them being on sale at your local dealer anytime soon.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 15 Jan 2012, 20:42

What did you sell it for?
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 15 Jan 2012, 20:55

Started it at MSRP with no reserve, went for $1275.00. Distributor got in 3, I was lucky to get one.

nrv216

Post by nrv216 » 15 Jan 2012, 21:54

toyslr wrote:They are released! Sold one of the first on GB. They will not be a mass produced weapons system, remember the RFB and the prodcution numbers on them. Don't look for them being on sale at your local dealer anytime soon.
:suicide: Great now two kel-tecs that I want and probably won't get.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 16 Jan 2012, 06:03

So its selling for roughly double the MSRP as a pump shotgun.

Whoop Dee Doo. Seems like a folding stock AK-style Saiga 12ga outdoes it most categories and costs less than half that.

If the KSG was a semi I'd be more apt to spend that kind of cash, although the quality and reliability are relatively unknown at this point. Going off of Kel Tec's rep as a "cheap" gun manufactuer, you're taking a pretty big gamble on the KSG at $1250.

If the demand is there, the KSG will be mass produced... what, you think Kel Tec doesn't to be RICH?! Lol, I remember when the RFB came out they were selling pretty high, now they're basically a novelty, there is low supply, but also low demand.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 16 Jan 2012, 14:45

I can sell ALL the RFB's I can get! Just can't get them, so the "novelty" line is out the window and I would put its quaility up against alot of weapons. Ran 500 rounds through one in a day without a misfire or jam, thats ALOT better than most outa the box PS90's. Not a major KelTec fan but those two weapons (KSG/RFB) are a little more solid than the standard run of the mill production weapon the ship.

JTSX1

Post by JTSX1 » 16 Jan 2012, 20:44

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:So its selling for roughly double the MSRP as a pump shotgun.

Whoop Dee Doo. Seems like a folding stock AK-style Saiga 12ga outdoes it most categories and costs less than half that.

If the KSG was a semi I'd be more apt to spend that kind of cash, although the quality and reliability are relatively unknown at this point. Going off of Kel Tec's rep as a "cheap" gun manufactuer, you're taking a pretty big gamble on the KSG at $1250.

If the demand is there, the KSG will be mass produced... what, you think Kel Tec doesn't to be RICH?! Lol, I remember when the RFB came out they were selling pretty high, now they're basically a novelty, there is low supply, but also low demand.

I agree, I'd be more likely to consider it as a semi w/ 14+1 shells. also, Kel Tec says it's MSRP is in the $800 range, so nowhere near double at $1200...at the same time, I wouldn't pay more than MSRP. The Saiga w/ bulpup conversion looks nice, but has some funky ergos for a right hander since it was not made for this setup. If some of you are very anxious and can't live w/o this thing, one GB sell has starting bid $599 and "buy it now" for $2200 LOL Another has it listed as "rare"...some people are a$$h0les and some people are suckers. I'm sure the price will be back to normal in a year, maybe less.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 16 Jan 2012, 21:12

Interesting poll results. 23% picked a gun they haven't seen.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 17 Jan 2012, 00:37

Don't get me wrong, I think its a unique design and I'd like to own a couple KSG's for use as a high-power weapon in a tight area, aka, I 'm thinking of putting this thing in my truck. It offers full-barrel power with non-SBS paperwork in a tight and convenient package that I could easily store under or behind a seat. Its a Kel Tec, so its polymer and its cheap, and I don't care if it jiggles around in a vehilce the rest of its life...

The problem is.. its not "cheap" yet. Maybe next year when the new wears off and I can get one from one of the guys on this forum for around 600-700 the juice will be worth the squeeze. Until then, a $250 mossberg with a folder on it seems much more up to the task.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 17 Jan 2012, 10:09

I'd take a Saiga over the KelTec. Just the semi auto alone takes that win! As for getting a KSG for 600-700 likely in a year, guess that depends on overall production and if a forum sponsor can get one. If you remember I WAS a forum sponsor and was the only one to ever get RFB's. Cost on this unit is $575, and unfortuantly i'm in business for a profit or its not worth doing it

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 18 Jan 2012, 09:33

I'm just curious...what ever happened to the Monolith Arms P12?
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 18 Jan 2012, 13:21

Don't know! Had seen pictures but wasn't a fan...

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 18 Jan 2012, 13:35

Cyberfly wrote:I'm just curious...what ever happened to the Monolith Arms P12?
IIRC Monolith got bought out by Magpul & Magpul backed out of making the P12s. Or at least that is what I read on here.

Have you tried the Tactical Search function? :p
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 24 Jan 2012, 16:53

I like the KSG. It is smooth and very solid. The prices are just out of this world.
The demand is there for the KSG. There are over 10,000 on backorder. So that said it should be full force to produce them. They released 250 on 12-23-11 and have been letting a few more go. If they would ramp up production then it would be sky's the limit on profits.
But what really pisses me off is that we have all reserved our KSG.s and prepaid for a reserved one and the few dealers that get them do not fill the customers orders and are listing them for sell on GUNBROKER for high profits. It really shows the ethics and morals of these gun dealers. Why not fullfill the reserve orders before personal greed

cHaMeLeoN352

Post by cHaMeLeoN352 » 24 Jan 2012, 17:18

FNtacticalNUT wrote:... It really shows the ethics and morals of these gun dealers. Why not fullfill the reserve orders before personal greed
:agree:

While I believe they had some R&D problems with the trigger and action, it seems to me they created a lot of hype and then a shortage of the item, which caused an increase in demand and price in a shady marketing strategy.

Personally, I don't understand all the hype, as I would rather a saiga-12 for less, which is a more tested platform and has more accessories.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 24 Jan 2012, 17:34

FNtacticalNUT wrote:I like the KSG. It is smooth and very solid. The prices are just out of this world.
The demand is there for the KSG. There are over 10,000 on backorder. So that said it should be full force to produce them. They released 250 on 12-23-11 and have been letting a few more go. If they would ramp up production then it would be sky's the limit on profits.
But what really pisses me off is that we have all reserved our KSG.s and prepaid for a reserved one and the few dealers that get them do not fill the customers orders and are listing them for sell on GUNBROKER for high profits. It really shows the ethics and morals of these gun dealers. Why not fullfill the reserve orders before personal greed
I'm just quoting, I'm not going to give an opinion in this matter, so don't shoot the messenger!

"It's Capitalism. People will pay that because they want to, and the sellers will profit, because it's a free-enterprise. Ain't nothin wrong with that".

I always believe in balance. Even in Capitalism. It's a personal choice, I don't think everyone and their mom has to follow my personal choice. So ya'll can all chill out. :)

And uhhh are you kidding? The shotgun poll up there is a joke. I would pick the M3 but it's not the same price-category as the $900 SLP.

The SLP by far wins the poll. The M3 would be tied if it were the same price, but it isn't.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 25 Jan 2012, 00:41

M3 has pump mode selector.. doesn't seem like its in the same category as the SLP, maybe they should have put the M4 instead as its the newer platform from Benelli. I have both and they are two completely different animals... M3 comes across as a no-holds-barred magnum riot gun with a full length barrel, all it needs is a bayonette on the end of it... whereas the M4 with the skeleton stock feels lighter, shorter, and more agile to close-quarters stuff.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 25 Jan 2012, 11:43

FNtacticalNUT:

The problem is the IDIOT dealers who advertised them at cost or just above before they knew the production numbers to get deposits and orders for a weapon, they will not be able to obtain.

"It really shows the ethics and morals of these gun dealers."

So in a debate about ethics and morals who is right or wrong: Dealers who sell something they can't get at an adverstised price they can't do? Or a dealer that has the connections to obtain the weapons selling what he can to make money?

I listed the one I had at $1,000 to start! If you take retail plus tax in most areas that is about $40-$60.00 more. I didn't put a reserve on it and let it go where it might fall. DOES that make me unethical or immoral? don't really care what your response is because I know that I have sold many weapons to members on here at or below cost and have had nothing but positive feedback. Your dealer that offered you the weapon at $675-800.00 when cost is on the low end of that is the problem because now they don't want to live up to their B.S.

By the way I have 3 more of these coming in the next month...

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 25 Jan 2012, 12:35

^

Toys is right.

On the other end of the spectrum you have (not saying you are one of them, FNTac) really whiny consumers who think they should be charged a certain price because they KNOW this is the price dealers get the guns for and in their mind the only fair kind of markup is 5% or some low number. What they fail to do is KNOW everything behind the scenes. Again, I'm not pointing fingers, just sharing my experience :cya:

The dealer/gun shop owner is the one running the shop. It's his shop. He has to move inventory, and sometimes it just doesn't happen even though he lowers his prices. So he's losing money. If he knows that people are looking for a certain gun and he has it, marks it up 20% to recover what he has lost on the other guns, that's him trying to survive as a businessman. It's not him being "unfair".

I have literally paid $50 and gotten ripped off at my good friends' shop that he owns, for a gun transfer. I didn't say a word to it, smiled, and left. This is because I know he's my friend and I want to support him, it's not about ME at all. This is coming from an unwealthy person who eats ramen for dinner. I'm sure others can relate. Later, he gave me cash back because his employee incorrectly charged me, but I told him to keep it, because he has helped me out in the past.

I have not once, seen ANY dealer on our forum, try to rip ANYONE off. In fact, it's the direct OPPOSITE. Toys, A&A, etc. have posted deals in the past before that I just shook my head at because I, like everyone else, wish I had the cash.

When you DO meet an arse of a salesman that IS trying to rip you off, it's pretty obvious. :lmao:
Shoot more, worry less.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 25 Jan 2012, 14:58

I like capitolism, so I'm going to wait until these things are old news, or someone comes out with something better. Wouldn't everyone who paid through the nose for a Kel Tec look ridiculous if they release a semi-auto version of the KSG at the 2013 Shot Show, or someone else like FN comes out with a twin-tube design.

Whoop Whooop Waaaaaaaaa.....

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 25 Jan 2012, 15:09

If FN came out with one it'll be triple the price!!

;)

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 25 Jan 2012, 21:45

blueorison wrote:I'm just quoting, I'm not going to give an opinion in this matter, so don't shoot the messenger!

"It's Capitalism. People will pay that because they want to, and the sellers will profit, because it's a free-enterprise. Ain't nothin wrong with that".

I always believe in balance. Even in Capitalism. It's a personal choice, I don't think everyone and their mom has to follow my personal choice. So ya'll can all chill out. :)
It isn't Capitalism when you enter an agreement with someone to deliver them a product and then turn around and sell it out from under them to someone else at a higher price... it is greed.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 25 Jan 2012, 22:25

Balanced capitalism is nothing more than allowing the free market to balance itself out. Any limitation or manipulation of that is a form of plutocracy, oligarchy, or Marxism. Using militant force to sway a market or consumer attitudes is fascism.

And fuzzy is right, breech of contract is when you agree to sell for one price to someone, but then welch on the deal to sell for more to someone else. That isn't capitalism.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 25 Jan 2012, 22:35

flyingirish04 wrote:Balanced capitalism is nothing more than allowing the free market to balance itself out. Any limitation or manipulation of that is a form of plutocracy, oligarchy, or Marxism. Using militant force to sway a market or consumer attitudes is fascism.

And fuzzy is right, breech of contract is when you agree to sell for one price to someone, but then welch on the deal to sell for more to someone else. That isn't capitalism.
That was my point. It starts with a personal choice.

Often that choice is greed.

That is why I have so much respect for some of our forum sponsors, by the way they carry their business and their person.
Shoot more, worry less.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 25 Jan 2012, 22:43

Not only does it start with choice, it further enables choice and freedom. A free market is infinitely able to self correct because it puts the power,in the hands of the consumer. Pretty cool.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 26 Jan 2012, 08:52

"It isn't Capitalism when you enter an agreement with someone to deliver them a product and then turn around and sell it out from under them to someone else at a higher price... it is greed."
Guess maybe you should look at who your doing business with! And realize that if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is. If this deal was done on a handshake, then its a trust issue. If this person had money down and the deal in writing, then it becomes a contract issue. Sorry but I NEVER trust someones word when it comes to my money.
Dealers on the web have been posting these shotguns for sale @ $625.00 for a year. That's $50.00 over cost and RIDICULOUS! Its like being a forum sponsor here and certain other sellers dumping weapons for $20-$30 over cost, my time and the potential legal aspect of the gun businessis worth more than that to me. If they won't to whore out weapons and make $20-$30 bucks then have at it. I WILL not lie to you or B.S. you in a business deal and those that I have done business with KNOW that but I also expect to make a fair and reasonable profit for my time.

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 26 Jan 2012, 12:31

Look I was not saying that anyone here was being unethical. I was just stating in general. I was not trying to insult TOY or even single him out. I am just stating that I know several dealers that have put them on GUNBROKER when they got them instead of passing them to the people that they are promised to and at the price promised.
That is what being a man is about. My father use to always say that you are only as good as your word. When you do a deal it is done win or lose. If these idiot dealers promised the guns and have deposits then they need to fill the order. The MSRP is $880 and dealer cost is $560. Thats way more than 5%. This is what I am talking about when I state a message about personal greed when they are selling them for those prices instead of filling orders. I have been running my Mechanical business for 12 years and yes I do know how to make a profit to stay in business but I also know how to run an honest and ethical business and when I give my word it is just that.
If these dealers do not have any reserves then free market is fair. But when you have reserves and they are selling them at these prices is a breach of contract.
I am sorry if toyslr thought I was talking about him but I was speaking in general.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 26 Jan 2012, 12:44

Alright guys, let's get back to the thread.

:thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

Thedirtyheat

Post by Thedirtyheat » 26 Jan 2012, 13:50

I most definitely need 15 rounds just incase I miss with the first 14... Yes it's cool but to me not really any more practical then any preparing forthe zombie apacolypse. Or then having this shotgun in your collection. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/74699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 26 Jan 2012, 14:37

Word has it on the street that kel-tec is adding 12.5k square feet to their facility.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 18 Feb 2012, 06:25

After seeing this gun in person I think there is going to be a lot of initial hype over it from people who like the idea of a bull-pup, and then it will fade away in a couple years.

The manual of arms is entirely different than a traditional pump. A lot of people are going to grab one of these things for beaucoup bucks and then realize they absolutely suck at shooting and loading it, there is zero muscle-memory to start from, aside from pulling the trigger. I fumbled over the action several times searching for the correct button(s). The pump release is not intuitive, neither is the tube switch mechanism, neither is the loading gate(s), assuming you even know which load gate your shell is actually going into. On a pistol grip-weapon I'm used-to a thumb safety such as on an AR, but guess what, its a cross-bolt like on a non-pistol gripped weapon, and its not on top of the receiver like a mossy. I'd guess it would take me at least 5-10 trips to the range to even begin to not look like a complete idiot cycling it, and then of course if you're going to rely on your more traditional shotguns for other tasks, lets hope your muscle memory knows just which shotgun you're using in a stressful situation.

It also feels a lot like a kel tec, very light, polymer everywhere, stamped/welded parts, and tolerences which are nowhere near what the old fuddy-duddy Ed Brown 1911 fanboys are used to. So when I see mainstream 1911-owning folks going bonkers over it at the counter, I have to step back and wonder just how long their temporary insanity is going to last, becuase absoutely every single thing about this firearms goes directly against what they tend to like. And then once people realize that the thousands of hours they have behind a traditional pump or auto add up to Jack-squat in terms of their ability to opearte it without thinking about it, it may be a turning point in their decision to keep it.

On the other hand, I think there is a huge market for this gun for both mall ninjas and mainstream shooters alike that are willing to practice with it. But then, how often do you really see guys with 100rds of buckshot practicing in the pistol lanes? I see one every now and then, but its rare, and some places don't even allow it.

My guess is that the first couple hundred thousand of these things will sell like hotcakes and find their way to the gotta have-it crowd, and the gun hoarders / 2A paranoid crowd that maintain massive arsenals of dust-collecting "everythings", never to see the light of day. The next batch might find its way into the more mainstream shooters, and thats when you're going to start hear the critisism of the weapon pop up. Its not the best thing since sliced bread, its a kel tec that shoots 14 bullets, and the used ones are going to start showing up for sale.

Just my .02 :)

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Feb 2012, 13:00

Well then what you need to do it train with it. My nightstand shotgun is anything but high tech but I have no problem with fast reloads. The shotty I have is just long enough to be legal. I like the fact that the KSG is even shorter but has a great capacity.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 18 Feb 2012, 15:56

I think a lot of people, including me, LIKE the KSG. The point of my post is that liking what the KSG offers, and then actually shooting and becoming proficient with it, are completely unrelated. If I could ever find one at the right price, I look forward to buying it and taking it to the range frequently until my shoulder turns six shades of purple.

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 18 Feb 2012, 21:07

I have Benelli M3's and an M4. I really like the M3's the best. I have a field barrel for one of the M3's, it makes a great Quail gun for Scaled or Blue Quail.

FNtacticalNUT

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 02 Mar 2012, 12:31

I have been hearing that there have been some slide brackets breaking after 15 to 40 rounds. I have also seen a few forearms broken when someone put a grip on the shotgun. These are the only issues yet that I have seen. Still waiting to get my hands on one at a fair price but that is yet to be seen. Maybe I will save my money and buy something new for my new HARLEY ULTRA LIMITED?????