Israel's TAVOR

Talk about your favorite longguns here.
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Re: Israel's TAVOR

Post by jgreenberg01 » 16 Aug 2014, 08:01

That's really impressive. I've always been a Timney guy, but this is definitely something to consider as a replacement trigger in my Tavor.
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 10 Oct 2014, 00:39

Lobo wrote:good thing I checked the posts before logging off.....(but you made me re-open up my email)

this is what was said in the last email from their service department "I am going to send you a new hammer spring and a new spring for your firing pin. This should eliminate your light primer strike problem"

emails were done within two days, package showed up a week later.......

All I did was torture hundreds of innocent people, wipe out an entire generation of Jedi, assist in destroying the rightful government in exchange for a malevolent dictatorship, destroy a planet, torture my daughter that I didn't even know existed, chop off my son's hand and I'm the bad guy.
--Darth Varder pet peeve
well, I put all the stuff in except for the one spring since I wasn't sure (hammer spring) how to do it, so I emailed them back, asking for some good directions or even a hand written note *grin*, got this great reply back telling me to hold on, just ship it back and they'll send one back totally done right.
did so, now my Tavor works like a dream, light pull and no more LPS. so bottom line, to me a Timmey trigger is outstanding and their customer service is just as outstanding (although I don't know why they send a lollypop each time......)

life is good :)

Mom and Dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe
in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it. - Calvin
/

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 14 Oct 2014, 14:10

Lobo wrote:
Lobo wrote:good thing I checked the posts before logging off.....(but you made me re-open up my email)

this is what was said in the last email from their service department "I am going to send you a new hammer spring and a new spring for your firing pin. This should eliminate your light primer strike problem"

emails were done within two days, package showed up a week later.......

All I did was torture hundreds of innocent people, wipe out an entire generation of Jedi, assist in destroying the rightful government in exchange for a malevolent dictatorship, destroy a planet, torture my daughter that I didn't even know existed, chop off my son's hand and I'm the bad guy.
--Darth Varder pet peeve
well, I put all the stuff in except for the one spring since I wasn't sure (hammer spring) how to do it, so I emailed them back, asking for some good directions or even a hand written note *grin*, got this great reply back telling me to hold on, just ship it back and they'll send one back totally done right.
did so, now my Tavor works like a dream, light pull and no more LPS. so bottom line, to me a Timmey trigger is outstanding and their customer service is just as outstanding (although I don't know why they send a lollypop each time......)

life is good :)

Mom and Dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe
in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it. - Calvin
/
Heard about the light strikes through MAC, etc. Good to know they are fixing it. Timney is a solid company, so it makes sense.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.