Sig Sauer P220 - AWESOME Handgun in .45ACP

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
Amsdorf
custom title: VDMA

Sig Sauer P220 - AWESOME Handgun in .45ACP

Post by Amsdorf » 09 Jun 2013, 03:49

I've shot so many pistols by now that I've kind of gotten used to be not being "wowed" at the experience of shooting a different brand of semi-auto chambered in .45 ACP until.....the Sig Sauer P220 came along. Glock fans, this will shock and horrify you, but I traded my Glock 17 plus a few hundred bucks to acquire this German made P220 and ... I could not be more happy. (Don't worry Glockies...the G26 remains my EDC of choice!).

Here's a video I made with the Sig. I've never been more accurate with any handgun literally out of the box. I had a bit of a microphone problem (forgot to turn the darn thing on!), but you can see the results after putting a 7 round magazine, then a 10 round magazine through it from 30 feet out, I was able to get most of them through one jagged hole 1.5" to 2" wide, and for me...that's some Olympic level shooting. :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vaYBv06YHU

The Sig Sauer P220 is the the handgun that made Sig a world player when it comes to handguns. It is rugged, high quality and extremely accurate (in the right hands, of course, not necessarily mine!). The pistol featured in this video was made in the mid-1990s in Germany and is one more highly sought after by P220 purists and fans.

(1975 - Present) Type: Pistol Calibers: 9x19mm (discontinued), .45ACP Weight: 1.9 lbs (0.86 kg) Length: 7.7 in (19.6 cm) Barrel length: 4.4 in (11.2 cm) Capacity: 9 (9x19mm), 8 (.45 ACP) Fire Modes: Semi-Auto (SA/DA, DAK, SAO)

For a great article all about the history of the Sig P220 and all its modern variants, read this article from the National Rifle Association magazine, "The American Rifleman" and if you are NOT a member of the NRA...shame on you! Join today.

Here's the Rifleman article: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be sure to visit Sig's web site for all the variants available today: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Re: Sig Sauer P220 - AWESOME Handgun in .45ACP

Post by Vortec MAX » 10 Jun 2013, 07:59

LOL, I just read the same post on Sig Talk. I own an early 90s W. German Sig P220 as well. I bought it brand new in 1991. To this day, it is still my all time favorite handgun. (No offense to my fellow FN Five-seveN owners)

I recently used my P220 to shoot a perfect 300 on the local police department pistol qualification. That pistol is a dream to shoot. Very accurate.

I bought a LaserMAX guide rod laser for it a few years ago. The laser was not at point of impact (which is the same as where the sights align). I called to complain and they asked me to shoot a five shot group at 15 feet using the laser to aim and send in the target with the laser. I complied. It shot a five shot group using Federal 230 grain Hydra-Shoks that looked like a single hole. WOW!

Like I said, a very accurate pistol. You will enjoy that pistol for many years. I will never get rid of mine, even though I have two other P220s (a Compact SAS, and a Match Elite).

Mike

Amsdorf

Post by Amsdorf » 16 Jun 2013, 08:13

So, what happened with the laser?

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 16 Jun 2013, 08:59

They adjusted it so it was dead on with the sights (and point of impact). I mean DEAD on.

I just sent my P220 off to have it worked over by the Sig Sauer Custom Shop. They are re-bluing the slide, installing night-sights, complete dissassemby, cleaning, and replacement of all springs, installing a short-reset trigger (SRT), and performing their Action Enhancement Package (AEP) on it. The AEP includes smoothing and lightening both the double-action and single-action trigger pulls.

I can't wait to get it back to see what they have done.

Mike

Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 » 28 Jun 2013, 01:49

LOL, I just read the same post on Sig Talk.
Maybe he is just reposting it here. Or he is just doing something fishy on the forum.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 28 Jun 2013, 08:27

Gleedaniel13 wrote:
LOL, I just read the same post on Sig Talk.
Maybe he is just reposting it here. Or he is just doing something fishy on the forum.
Tossing accusations about is probably not the best way to start off on the forum. There is nothing wrong with posting the same thing on different forums. I'm curious how this could constitute "something fishy"?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

bobapunk
Gold Member
custom title: EA's range buddy

Post by bobapunk » 28 Jun 2013, 09:38

Kydex I just made for a buddy with a W. German P220:

Amsdorf

Post by Amsdorf » 01 Jul 2013, 01:07

Nice holster and mag holders!