Contacting FN

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
DoubleJ

Contacting FN

Post by DoubleJ » 14 Aug 2016, 08:23

For a few weeks now I've been placing calls to FN every couple of days, leaving voicemails, and then trying again. The other day I called them 11 times in a row and pressed nearly every choice on the phone tree from marketing to LEO to military contracts. All voicemails. My most recent calls to the their CS department and tech support were met with "I'm sorry, this mailbox is full" and a disconnect.

Does anyone have a way to get in contact with someone over there, or a better method than the silly one I'm using? I even tried reporting them to the BBB, who has no record of their existence. Short of driving to Virginia and accosting someone in the parking lot, I'm out of ideas.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Contacting FN

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Aug 2016, 05:24

Yep welcome to the new FNH CS after they fired a bunch of folks. They got rid of all the younger guys in another office that supported the military/LEO/civilian products side. At one time all the black rifles, PDW, black pistol etc where handle by one group. FNH fired all of them and moved CS to a bunch of old <profanity> Elmer Fudds who for the first 6 months of answering the phone kept telling people FNH does not MAKE a five seven pistol. Then once they figured it out, they would go on about how no one needs guns like that and want to talk about shotguns with you.

My last good inside contact I was friends with, Tommy Thacker moved on also and is now running Armalite.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 16 Aug 2016, 14:54

This must have happened recently. I called for a replacement part that broke in my five seven and they handled it very quickly. Although shipping took about 3 weeks :facepalm:. Why the HELL would FNH hire any group of individuals that don't even know their own product!!! That is just flat out embarrassing.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Aug 2016, 13:10

They did not hire, they rolled over CS to the Browning Elmer Fudds.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 17 Aug 2016, 19:37

I reached out to some industry people I know and was able to get a cell number for a local rep. He put me in touch with one of the new guys in charge down in the Southeast. Very nice guys, both of them, answered all my questions and were both very responsive. Sounds like some improvements are underway, and I'm glad to hear it.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Aug 2016, 05:45

Yeah but imagine if you didn't "Have a guy"
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 18 Aug 2016, 17:13

At the moment, not having a guy would be bad. From the conversation we had, I'd expect things to turn around over there. I was mostly interested in some tech support, but we also talked about the lack of CS, and the impression I came away with is that it's being worked on, and by people that want to make it right.