FHN TPS Stock Conversion

Discuss the FN Shotgun lineup; the Police Pump, Self-Loading Police and Tactical Police Shotgun.
SoCal Gunner
custom title: WTF

FHN TPS Stock Conversion

Post by SoCal Gunner » 13 Jun 2010, 07:08

Wow, first I gotta ask - Am I the only person on this board that has a FN shotgun? :skep:

OK, I have the Tactical Police Shooter (pump shotgun) with the A2 style fixed stock and I'm considering switching it out to a collapsible stock. The TPS is offered in that style so I'm sure it can be done, the question is how? I'd like a stock that comes straight out and maybe upgrade to a shock reducing buffer tube. What I don't want on this gun is one of those knox-style that look like someone just cut off the A2 and glued on another stock.

toyslr

Re: FHN TPS Stock Conversion

Post by toyslr » 13 Jun 2010, 19:19

See if Mesa Tactical might have something

User42

Post by User42 » 13 Aug 2010, 03:31

I have a TPS, but I got the collapsable stock right out of the box. No idea if it will convert to fixed and back, or if it will accept other AR style stocks. I like the way it is, and haven't felt the need to change it. Wish I could be of more help.
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

SoCal Gunner
custom title: WTF

Post by SoCal Gunner » 15 Aug 2010, 18:08

I've scoured the internet and, from what I can tell, the conversion is possible. BUT it's a pain in the ass. I guess you need an AR or castle nut wrench, a vise, and a lot of muscle to get the A2 off. The receiver extensions are commercial, not millitary. Also saw where a guy put a surefire grip on a TPS.
More than I want to take on right now, but some day I just might.