Is it possible to get an SLP with the pistol grip?

Discuss the FN Shotgun lineup; the Police Pump, Self-Loading Police and Tactical Police Shotgun.
fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Is it possible to get an SLP with the pistol grip?

Post by fooschnickens » 17 Oct 2009, 21:29

I can't seem to find any online that aren't the pumps. Hell, i'd be fine with just getting the butt stock and swapping it out on a Mk I (assuming that isn't a felony, what isn't these days?). The tactical and Mk I seem to be identical aside from the different butts and the addition of the tri-rail extension (which I could honestly do without).

Any insight? I'd call around but it is both far too late at night and on the weekend, so the possibility of getting warm bodies is practically nil. :laugh:
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

warlokk08

Re: Is it possible to get an SLP with the pistol grip?

Post by warlokk08 » 22 Oct 2009, 19:20

Yes, there are 4 or 5 variables of the SLP by FNH, and 1 of them comes with a pistol grip. I'm not sure if you mean JUST a pistol grip or not. This one has a full stock w/ a pistol grip also. Surely someone out there makes JUST a pistol grip for it if that's what you mean. Hogue maybe.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 22 Oct 2009, 23:21

The full stock version is the one I'm looking for. Heck, I'll just post a picture:

I don't really understand the allure of the buttless stocks. I've tried them and just don't work for me. I do, however like the much more positive and natural hand position the pistol grip provides on rifles. After firing my SKS with one I saw a big difference. That point was driven home hard when I started shooting the FNAR.

I'll probably just break down and call Tanner's and see if they can order one. I doubt it would be at the same price MkIs are going for on GB right now. :laugh: They might be able to grab the stock, though. :ponder: Then I could swap them out as the situation demands.
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

warlokk08

Post by warlokk08 » 09 Nov 2009, 11:22

Oh so you have the SLP, you just want to buy a pistol grip for it...i'm a little on the slow side I guess. Just an idea here and probably won't work but here you go. Went to the gun shop a week ago and they had a Winchester shotgun that looked almost identical to the SLP, however it said made by FNH. Mossberg has a model that looks VERY close to the SLP for around $520 I think. Maybe looking up those 2 and seeing if they have a pistol grip for them could help. Probably not, but maybe. Good luck man.

Josh

P.S. Have you had any problems out of your SLP? I almost got one, but instead went with a Marine Mag 870, but traded it for a Custom Combat USP w/ some boot on my end so I need another shotgun when cash is a little better. I want an auto this time i think. May go the title 2 route again and get a Serbu Super Shorty just cuz it's cool, but it's probably not good for much besides self defense and hurting your wrists. Just curious how you like the SLP. Thanks man.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 12 Nov 2009, 09:26

Well, FN owns US Repeating Arms now, so you'll see a lot of cross-branding in the marketplace.

As far as how I like it, I don't actually own one yet, but I've fired one several times. Very low recoil and cycled whatever you put in it. Me and my friend have probably put over 1000 shells through it over the course of this year without a single hiccup. I keep wanting to borrow it for a couple days to see if the FNAR stock would fit on it :laugh: They're pretty similar in shape as well, but there are a few subtle differences that may cause them not to fit right.
-Ambrose Bierce