FNAR plus Meprolight M21

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
Ariac

FNAR plus Meprolight M21

Post by Ariac » 03 Nov 2010, 18:28

People seemed a bit interested in this combo so i figured I would do a short review.

First the M21 seems to be a good match to me. I picked up the bullseye version which has a 4.3 moa dot for the center and a 28 moa outer ring. I figure this would be a good combo for my personal load which drops about 4.8 inches at 200 hundred yards so i can roughly use the bottom edge at 200 yards. The site seems plenty robust, and has proven to be fast on target. Unfortunatly it does have the same washout issues of this class of sites. It comes with the quick detach base as a plus, and has yet to show an signs of loosening up even under rapid fire.

As for the FNAR it has proven plenty accurate. Sorry no targets to post up, but hopfully soon. I have had a few stove pipes, but I am hoping this will clear up with break in. It is short and fast, which is a plus. Recoil is minimal in my estimation, and have had no problems with the gas system cycling with random loads from all over the spectrum. To strip for a good clean is a pain, but it runs pretty clean due to the piston set up.

Ariac

Re: FNAR plus Meprolight M21

Post by Ariac » 04 Nov 2010, 15:51

Better shot of the reticle as requested.