Single Stage Vs Dual Stage Triggers: What’s the Difference?

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
kennethrobinson

Single Stage Vs Dual Stage Triggers: What’s the Difference?

Post by kennethrobinson » 30 Dec 2015, 02:30

Often you may be overwhelming regarding the two stage triggers. What’s the deal with these two-stage? Of course, this question has been asked many a times and, probably, you will answer that “I don’t need a double-stage, because I should not have to engross a target past 182.88meters”. This is right and valid; still I want to know both sides regardless.
Although I’ve gone through hi-desertdog.com review, I’m really trying to clench the specific mechanical difference.
What makes the single -stage and what makes the double-stage?

Ok guys, I’ve started searching.. And I would really appreciate your input. Thanks folks

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Re: Single Stage Vs Dual Stage Triggers: What’s the Differen

Post by Vortec MAX » 04 Jan 2016, 09:52

A single stage trigger has the same pull weight throughout its entire movement until it breaks.

A two-stage has a "takeup" stage where the trigger moves pretty easily until it gets to the second stage. From there, more pressure is required and the travel is usually very short from this point.

I prefer two stage triggers because I feel like I have more control over the letoff. Most triggers are single stage however. I have installed Geissele two-stage triggers on all of my AR platform rifles.

Hope that helps.

Mike