SCAR vs HK 556a

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
tombirdman

Re: SCAR vs HK 556a

Post by tombirdman » 20 Aug 2012, 21:17

Cyberfly wrote:I still think the Ruger 556 is worth looking at.
Less money and a darn good rifle.

Hoodathunk I'd recommend a Ruger?!
:agree:

10/4

tombirdman

Post by tombirdman » 20 Aug 2012, 21:24

FNtacticalNUT wrote:The Ruger 556 is a fine rifle. But to me it is very top heavy and nose heavy. After handling the SCAR and going to another platform is tough for me. The felt recoil is also much different. The only issue that I have with RUGER is it is INVESTMENT CASTING. I do not know if they do it wil the 556 but I would guess that they do because everything else they make is Investment Casting.
But I do like the platform of the RUGER 556 as they are a great value. :agree:

Ruger has a business where they make AR and other parts for some of the big boys !
They were doing this long before they got into the AR business!

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 21 Aug 2012, 05:10

Then it stands to reason that it was only a matter of time. If they were already making AR parts for some of the larger companies, it wasn't a far stretch for them to step out and put together their own AR.
I'll be honest, I don't think its as pretty as Colt's M4, but it really does come down to performance. Its not quite as comfortable as S&W's M&P was for me, but really close. Either way, I've always been a sucker for Rugers and they've never failed me so I wouldn't have any problem trusting one.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**