Re: What are you reading now?

Post by aklonewolf » 01 Jul 2012, 09:35

The Convoluted Universe book1

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 06 Jul 2012, 09:29

The Bible.

I'm doing the "Read the Bible in 90 days" schedule.

http://www.biblein90days.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm also reading "Mycellium Running"

http://www.amazon.com/Mycelium-Running- ... um+running" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 10 Jul 2012, 12:22

Area 187; Almost Hell by Eric Lowther.
Yes, its a zombie book, but its really a story of the survivors who get trapped inside W VA when the fedgov walls off the area where the outbreak occurs. They make a half-assed attempt at getting people to leave, then claim that the area is 'survivor free'.
A DVD makes its way out showing survivors and ...well, even though its long book and could easily have been broken into three smaller ones, its a very well-written story.
Entertaining.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Sniperjoe
Gold Member
custom title: What is love?

Post by Sniperjoe » 10 Jul 2012, 13:10

Dante's Inferno

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 10 Jul 2012, 16:11

Sniperjoe wrote:Dante's Inferno
A classic...
--
S
© 2005-2017 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 11 Jul 2012, 12:31

Cyberfly wrote:Area 187; Almost Hell by Eric Lowther.

Looks good. Added to Amazon wish list. Thanks. :thumb:

eagleshotz
custom title: You like that

Post by eagleshotz » 14 Jul 2012, 18:38

Just got done reading this by Dr. Jacob...Very good! :thumb: If anybody else has this problem you guys should check it out. :cya:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Huge-Penis-R ... 1594743061" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LK45s
Gold Member

Post by LK45s » 14 Jul 2012, 20:21

:lmao:
" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "

Thomas Jefferson

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 14 Jul 2012, 23:01

Its not huge. Its...a...big boned. :D
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 15 Jul 2012, 11:05

Yeah...uhh. I don't have that problem, so I doubt I'll be reading that book along with you.
Like Pappy used to say, "I thought I had two hairs down there till I pee'd outta one of em..." :D
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 06 Sep 2012, 18:27

Just read straight through No Easy Day. Was sick at home so I decided to knock it out. Glad I did

Very interesting how close but oh so far Chuck Pfarrer got with his Seal Target Geranimo. There is a reason why the administration had everyone in DOD say it was a fabrication. Now this book comes out and I have to say, as mixed feelings as I had about OPSEC, the book set the record straight without breeching OPSEC. Fact is, the DOJ should be pursuing charges against the administration.

This book did the SOF community proud and it took the power of story telling away from the politicians for once and let the real heroes dispute the administrations lies and set the story straight.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 10 Mar 2013, 18:30

Finally buckled down and read Atlas Shrugged. Awesome. It is a very long book, and I would get so angry during the first half that every couple hundred pages I had to set it aside and go read a Vince Flynn book, then get back to it.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 05 Apr 2013, 20:21

flyingirish04 wrote:Just read straight through No Easy Day. Was sick at home so I decided to knock it out. Glad I did

Very interesting how close but oh so far Chuck Pfarrer got with his Seal Target Geranimo. There is a reason why the administration had everyone in DOD say it was a fabrication. Now this book comes out and I have to say, as mixed feelings as I had about OPSEC, the book set the record straight without breeching OPSEC. Fact is, the DOJ should be pursuing charges against the administration.

This book did the SOF community proud and it took the power of story telling away from the politicians for once and let the real heroes dispute the administrations lies and set the story straight.

:agree:

Hey Irish, been super busy at work and home but I agree with you on this, I've talked to a few folks out here that were asking me about this and had some very long discussions...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together....."

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 06 Apr 2013, 08:39

American Sniper

Mike

Civil

Post by Civil » 11 Apr 2013, 18:57

10th justice

PainKillaX
custom title: I rep that west

Post by PainKillaX » 11 Apr 2013, 19:03

Hammer's Slammers.

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 11 Apr 2013, 19:06

A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin (2nd time). Figured I better read it again so I could see how much they leave out/change on Game of Thrones, Season 3.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 11 Apr 2013, 21:41

Just finished "The Heights of Courage"
Avigdor Kahalani

This is the amazon write up,
"

In October 1973, the State of Israel was invaded by Egyptian and Syrian forces. Despite early losses, Israel managed to outfight its opponents. The brief and bloody Yom Kippur War stands as a unique chapter in modern military history. Fought primarily by tank units, the war became a story not only of battle strategy and tactics, but also one of human discipline, endurance and sacrifice.

While many historians have chronicled the events of the Yom Kippur War, few have been seasoned by actual combat. Avigdor Kahalani, commander of a tank battalion on the Golan Heights during the Yom Kippur War, describes this experience in The Heights of Courage. Beginning with a description of the initial Syrian offensive, he recounts the personal endeavors of his men, their fears and their ambitions, as well as their emotional and physical hardships. His stark account traces the efforts of the Israel Armored Corps as they struggle to overcome extreme difficulties and setbacks. The author describes their ultimate penetration into enemy territory and their approach to within forty kilometers of Damascus.
"

If you have ever wondered what it would be like in a tank battle at point blank range with the homes of your friends and family within sight of the battle,
Family members and homes that would be killed and destroyed if you failed this book is for you. A great many crunchies think being a Tanker is an easy ride and a cushy place to be in battle don't think about the fact that when you are on the battlefield you get everyones attention including the enemies and in a tank you can't hide in a ditch.

caveat emptor: I am a Tanker, I have lived in Israel and I have a good friend whose son is a commander in the IDF 7Th Armored Brigade so I am a little bias.

The 7th IDF is Israel's version of U.S. General George S. Patton 7th Army Tankers or the 3ACR. Bad ass Tankers to the core.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 11 Apr 2013, 21:44

I just started, Adam Makos' A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II, published December 19, 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Br ... r_incident" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

ouchthathurt

Post by ouchthathurt » 12 Apr 2013, 15:14

Outpost