TEOTWAWKI and Zombies

General discussion.
Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

TEOTWAWKI and Zombies

Post by Esteves » 07 Sep 2008, 19:22

Esteves' corollary to Godwin's Law:
"As a firearms-related discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of TEOTWAWKI and/or zombies approaches 1."

This thread is a pre-emptive move intended to contain such ramblings so that they don't clutter otherwise useful threads.

Not that discussions on the topics of TEOTWAWKI or Zombies or TEOTWAWKI by Zombie invasion are useless - they do have their place (here.)

Please don't clutter this thread with off-topic rants about vampires or werewolves. That's really annoying.

;) for the humor impaired.
--
S
© 2005-2017 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Grantness

Re: TEOTWAWKI and Zombies

Post by Grantness » 07 Sep 2008, 19:36

good idea esteves! but u need to have some sort of question or scenario to start this thread moving. i.e. "if zombies attacked I think a trusty AR would be the best thing to have."... "Are you kidding? ARs would suck for that. U need a shotgun!" etc. etc.... :D

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 07 Sep 2008, 19:39

Shotty! I want the Monolith Arms P12 AND the FiveseveN to face down zombies.
I win, you lose! I inherit the earth! :p
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Sep 2008, 20:24

What's TEOTWAWKI? The End Of The World And What Kills It? Just a guess
+1 on P12 but not gonna limit my other options. I'll carry as much as I can!
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 07 Sep 2008, 20:28

The End Of The World As We Know It.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Sep 2008, 20:31

Ah, got it. Thanks Fuzzy
Thats a good song too
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 07 Sep 2008, 21:19

http://zombiehunters.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--
S
© 2005-2017 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 07 Sep 2008, 22:18

The End is Nigh!

We All Gonna Die!

When the Zombies rise up and sigh!

This new-age happy horse shit just isn't gonna fly!

Stick Your Head between your knees and kiss your ass Goodbye!

(sleep depravation does funny things to the brain.)

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 07 Sep 2008, 22:31

Anyways, I've found a new perfect fortress for when the zombies attack. I had previously decided on the super walmart but, I visited the Bass Pro shop here and came to find it has a full restaurant built in. It's the size of a small town, has all the camping gear and firearms and ammunition, plus a full restaurant and kitchen. That's as good as it gets. In addition, there are almost a dozen other restaurants within a few hundred yards, so long as power doesn't go out, their freezers will be ideal for forraging. There is also a home depot about a kilometer away east by south-east. Unlike the walmart, it has atleast 80 feet of wide open space on every side, the walmart only has about 35 at the rear that then backs up to a residential community, far from ideal. The nearest houses to the Bass Pro are a full kilometer away, and there is a fully stocked lake about half a kilometer to the west if we get desperate. And if things get even worse, there is a big new mall-type about 5 kilometers due west with a dozen other restaurants, a super target and some other stores that I'm sure will come in handy. Due north is a freeway followed by a dry river bed then reservation so there is nothing due north for 6 or 7 miles. Due south is residential unfortunately but, not for at least a full kilometer, probably a bit more. Due east is small busineses then residential, I haven't gotten a full layout of that are quite yet.

The building itself is relatively secure. two sets of doors to create a sort of breezeway at every entrance and exit, one east and one west. There is a docking bay at the north end for both the restaurant and the store with standard steel roll-up doors. The real problem is the boat showroom on the south-west corner. Way too much glass. It is full 1/2 tempered but, that will only last so long. The aluminum framing is fairly thick, mouting plywood wouldn't be all that difficult. Though with the home depot so close, it may just be best to brick it off entirely. That's going to take a 30' wide by 20' tall wall though. Would take far too long to try and anchor rebar into the concrete. Best bet would probably be going old school, double thick wall with 5' support walls coming off the back at each end and every 5-7' between. Keep it from being tumbled.

EARS

Post by EARS » 08 Sep 2008, 04:43

Sounds like good place to cover most of all the needs. Good work Artos! How many of the "good guys" do you expect it will provide for?

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 08 Sep 2008, 04:45

I would expect the Bass Pro to provide for less than a super Walmart, but easier to defend.
كاف

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 08 Sep 2008, 05:22

significantly easier to defend and given the freshwater fish living in bass pro, in addition to what seems a nice steak/fish place, I'd say 10 men or three full familes for about two weeks. I'm not sure how much they keep in the freezer as their big thing is fresh fish shipped in daily. I know they have what they call camping food, it's just your basic rations, though I have no idea how much. Given the proximity of a dozen other restaurants and a super target, shouldn't be hard to send out a few foraging parties and be able to support much more for much longer.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 08 Sep 2008, 05:25

Plus it has lots of firearms and plenty of ammo. Gobs of bows of every type and every kind of arrow you could want. Oh yeah, and purdy crossbows with bolts! Muzzleloaders for when you run out of everything else.
Plus the ceilings are high enough that if the walls were ever breached, you could, theoretically, get up into the rafters and start plugging while someone else worked on roof access.
Excellent choice Artos.
Too bad our closest BPS is two and half hours away.
Oh yeah, they raised the price of SS195 to $22 a box and the Fiveseven is now $940. As of Saturday.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 08 Sep 2008, 05:35

Luckily price won't mean much at TEOTWAWKI.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 08 Sep 2008, 05:48

True dat.
Rifle butt to the face, take what you need.
Except, when somebody bigger, meaner and better than me does it TO me. That's gonna HURT! :(

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 08 Sep 2008, 07:05

Finally got around to unpacking my reloading room boxes and found six unopened boxes of superraptor :monkey:

Setting them aside for the inevitable wormhole/blackhole/zombie/TEOTWAWKI

After I get the house sold (anyone want it?) I'm planning on a couple cases of 5.7 and a spree on powdervalley. I've got about two hundred pounds of .223 brass that I need to put a dent in :D

In the mean time I will be assembling the go-bag.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 09 Sep 2008, 00:43

Gotta love finding boxes of EA. That's better than finding a 20 when you're doing laundry, and that'll make your day.

EARS

Post by EARS » 09 Sep 2008, 07:00

That's better than finding money under your pillow.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 09 Sep 2008, 08:38

Oh yeah. Cuz finding money under my pillow usually means I either lost teeth (not good at my age) or I'm gonna wake up with one HELLUVA tequilla hangover (even WORSE at my age!). :skep:

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 09 Sep 2008, 11:01

... :skep: Interesting