War on Minorities? What would you do?

General discussion.
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

War on Minorities? What would you do?

Post by jgreenberg01 » 09 Jan 2015, 06:10

You can tell by the title of the video what the end result is, butttt....

Many of the members here train for situations like this. Watch the video carefully and let's here what YOU would do in this scenario. You have the luxury of going back and re-watching if you wish before answering, but remember that the cop had to make split-second decisions.

Discuss...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: War on Minorities? What would you do?

Post by Rapier1772 » 09 Jan 2015, 09:58

I don't see the gun in the video so I, personally, wouldn't have shot. I wouldn't even had a reason to think about grabbing my gun based on what I saw in the video.
HOWEVER - If I were a police officer & responding to a person with a gun call, adrenaline is already flowing by the time you get on the scene. The hoodie guy didn't make a move for the gun so I would like to say that I still wouldn't have taken the shot. Unfortunately, there is no way to know for certain until you are in that scenario.
I disagree with the part where he says the cop couldn't gotten a shot off though. Cop's gun was drawn & on target, kid's (fake) gun was still in his waistband. No contest.

It is just plain asinine to argue with/disobey a cop (or anyone really) who has a gun pointed you! And then to walk closer? OMFG!!! I seriously hope that when the cops left, those kids got beaten severely about the head and 屁股 because I don't know where their brains were located & someone needed to knock the stupid out of them.

Ahem.... <deep breath, let it out>
As to the "war on minorities" though, that BS is soooo biased it's revolting. I seriously want to tell people to STFU whenever I hear stuff like that; the racist media always makes a point of the race when it's a minority getting shot by a white cop but where the hell are they when it's the other way around? Or when it is black on black, or any minority against any other minority? If someone wants people to believe "black lives matter" show them! Stop killing each other!

IMO, when someone is committing a crime, many of their rights go out the window. If you resist arrest, accept the fact that you're probably going to get hurt, possibly killed. Same thing if you do not comply with the orders of the police (I think that is technically the same thing?). I am dumbfounded by the number of people who think they can break laws/rules & not have to worry about consequences. It has nothing to do with the color of one's skin, it has to do with respect for the law & the location of your head in relation to your posterior.

To quote Mike Rowe: "But in the interest of staying alive, what’s the downside of encouraging suspects of all races to simply stop resisting lawful arrest?"
With the exception of John Crawford, I think all of these people the media is stirring up racism about would be alive today if they had complied with the police. With Crawford, the 911 caller lied & needlessly escalated the situation. The police came on the scene thinking it was an immediate threat which had to be dealt with before he killed someone. The police/family ought to charge/sue that guy for wrongful death.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 11 Jan 2015, 02:21

From now on, everything else is often a waste of breath.

The response will henceforth be,

Play stupid games

Win stupid prizes.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 11 Jan 2015, 16:52

I would partake in the discussion but after bashing my brains out over numerous other similar discussions with family members who are convinced that all cops are evil and that the world is a better place without them...nope. I'm going to keep my opinions to myself.
I will, however, say...kudos to the officer for showing restraint.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 11 Jan 2015, 18:03

Personally I would be interested in hearing a LEO's opinion on this, you (or any LEO) can PM if you want to keep it private. I just want to know what the pros would do, maybe it will help me make the right decision later?
I agree though, based on the information he had and the suspect's disregard for orders, he did show restraint. Lucky for the kid.

Anyone who believes that all cops are evil (or even most) are just idiotic as the racists who push these stories into the lame stream media.
"The world is better place without them," are you serious? Take any region, tell everyone that all the cops have day off & there will be NO police presence anywhere in that area. Let them see a world without cops. Give them a taste of anarchy & let them choke on their words.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 11 Jan 2015, 18:13

+1 to all of that, especially the part about getting a LEO's opinion.

While it seems to me that the cop ultimately made the right call, it also seemed to be a very risky decision.

Think about it, the officer is responding to a "person with a gun" call. Upon arriving at the scene, the main threat not only refuses to follow orders, but actually advances on the officer. While that's going on, the genius in the red jacket is fishing around in his frakking pocket.

That seems like a real recipe for disaster.

Lemme see here: responding to call where a weapon has been reported, outnumbered 3 to 1, threat is not complying, accomplices acting suspicious. Split second decision to be made while under stress - I can't say that I would not pulled the trigger if I were a responding officer in this particular scenario.

Of course that would open the door the the race-baiters like Al Sharpton screaming white on black murder by the police. I wonder how many cops may make the wrong decision or at least hesitate a second too long because they were worried about that last part.

Things that make you go hmmm....
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 12 Jan 2015, 14:32

Everything is not a waste of breath :wall:.

Well depending on what state and city you are from you might be the minority. I agree with the Furgeson Missouri shooting. I beleive that was justified over and over again. When you have a hudlum that robs stores and tries to grab a cops gun (obviously this stank was not that bright) what do you think is going to happen. Let's face it white's are constantly being degraded and accused of hate crimes and being rascist. I see the other party being rascist for a number of reasons
1. It's the white mans fault they don't have a good job ( go to college the NAACP MAKES IT READILY AVAILABLE FOR BLACKS TO GO TO SCHOOL, DO THEY HAVE A COLLEGE FOR POOR WHITE KIDS WHO HAVE HAD IT WRONG?)
2. Everytime a black person goes to jail or an authority has no choice but to kill them for not complying they have several spokes person. Al Sharpton etc. If our party had a white spokes person for everytime we had an issue we don't think was handled right. We would be considered rascist.
3. Protesting and holding up signs ( hands up don't shoot and black lives matter)
A. If you don't want to get shot don't commit a robbery then try to steal a cops gun and then walk towards him with your hand up when he tells you SPECIFICALLY not to move.
B. So a white cops life does not matter because he was up holding the law and all the civilians he swore an oath to protect?

I am not a rascist I have multiple friends of all origins and colors they just happen to not feel sorry for them selves and not be lazy and make something of themselves such as going to school, not selling drugs or gang banging, having 4 to5 generations who live on welfare. It must be a big suprise though that these friends of mine are conservatives and have morals and put up more of a fuss then I do because they feel embarrassed everytime something like this happens because they straight up feel like there race deserves a hand out ( taking away from every hard working American).

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 12 Jan 2015, 14:43

Fine. I'm sure I'll catch fourteen rations of hell for saying it, but the short and simple is, the cop, for all intents and purposes, SHOULD BE DEAD.
If those 'kids' had been up to no good and had a real gun on their persons? His hesitation would have cost him his life.
In this ONE particular situation, it didn't. He went AGAINST everything he was trained to do.
Why?
Was he afraid to pull the trigger?
Is it all the negative crap that LEO's are catching these days?
Is it all the 'Ferguson' boil over?
Was it because he was outnumbered and couldn't keep his eyes on all three at the same time?

I honestly can't say. What I can say is...he was giving orders in an authoritative manner. Those were definitely the suspects as described by the 911 caller. They weren't obeying his commands and they were ALL under the point of a gun. Either these 'kids' had a death wish or they were hoping to escalate the encounter. I don't care what was coming out of the suspects mouth, if an LEO is holding a gun on you and ordering you to keep your hands up and in plain sight and to get on the ground, you DO NOT RUN YOUR MOUTH AND APPROACH HIM.
I'll admit, I'm a country cop. I'm a peace officer. I wouldn't even want to be a street cop in any big city. Why? I don't want to have to make those judgment calls. And all of the armchair commando types (like my nephew) who spew their cop-hate only add fuel to the fire. Their memes on Facebook grate against raw nerves to the point that I remove them from my news feed.

Deep breaths.
Deep breaths.

Is it a point of contention when people who risk their lives daily are judged after the fact by people who have no clue?
I guess cops are the Viet Nam veterans of the new century.

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 12 Jan 2015, 15:26

:agree:

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member

Post by jgreenberg01 » 12 Jan 2015, 15:29

Thank you Fly.

I was just really looking for validation of what I believe I would have done. I'm not a cop (maybe that's a good thing?), but from my paranoid view of the world, it truly looked like a situation where shooting would be justified.

There's no way to know why the officer didn't use lethal force, but it's REALLY scary if the reason was because he's concerned over all of the negative news coverage towards cops. I don't care what side of the aisle any particular news agency or network falls on - a reasonable person understands what is at stake, and the only reason they run the stories the way they do is to get ratings and ultimately increase advertising revenue.

Shame on them for doing that.

And shame on the sheeple of the country for not having the ability to think for themselves!

I would normally end my rant here, but my fear is that this will lend itself to exacerbating another huge issue - the terror threat.

Between our administration's determination to not call terrorism by its real root or ideology: radical ISLAMIC terrorism (How can one address a problem when one refuses to identify the root cause? One can't!), we have a potentially very ugly situation. So now we are attempting to declaw law enforcement while we are sticking our heads in the sand with regard to growing (and extremely dangerous) cancer. Super.

I may be adding 2 & 2 and getting 5, but I don't think so. Then again, I am a tad paranoid :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 12 Jan 2015, 16:36

Thanks Fly.

But I just came up with another question... What's with so many people carrying BB/pellet/airsoft guns lately & brandishing them as if the gun is real?
Maybe we should sue the companies making these guns for not including a warning which says not to do that?

kfeltenberger
Gold Member
custom title: BSG-94 Chronicler

Post by kfeltenberger » 12 Jan 2015, 17:13

Rapier1772 wrote: But I just came up with another question... What's with so many people carrying BB/pellet/airsoft guns lately & brandishing them as if the gun is real?
Maybe we should sue the companies making these guns for not including a warning which says not to do that?
They want their fifteen minutes of fame by provoking a cop. They don't connect the dots and realize that it often means they're in a bag with a toe tag, but then again, what they're doing isn't very intelligent to begin with...

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 12 Jan 2015, 23:51

Hey, you used the right "they're" :thumb:

All three times even :laugh:

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 13 Jan 2015, 05:39

Those airsoft weapons/BB guns are supposed to have a bright orange tip. You know, the one you can unscrew to make it look like the real thing? Or color over with a Sharpie?
Yeah. Those.
Why do these guys like to run around and brandish these and pretend to be gangstas?
Because they are STOOPID. That's why.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jan 2015, 11:28

My thing with the orange tips is that:
a) they are easily removed/painted
b) not all of the 'toy' guns have them in the first place
3) criminals can/have/will paint the ends of the real guns with the orange tips possibly causing cops to hesitate thinking the gun is a toy. Some criminals have even painted the entire gun blue or red to look like the training guns police use.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 13 Jan 2015, 17:54

Cyberfly wrote:Those airsoft weapons/BB guns are supposed to have a bright orange tip. You know, the one you can unscrew to make it look like the real thing? Or color over with a Sharpie?
Yeah. Those.
Why do these guys like to run around and brandish these and pretend to be gangstas?
Because they are STOOPID. That's why.
Rapier1772 wrote:My thing with the orange tips is that:
a) they are easily removed
b) not all of the 'toy' guns have them in the first place
3) criminals can/have/will paint the ends of the real guns with the orange tips possibly causing cops to hesitate thinking the gun is a toy. Some criminals have even painted the entire gun blue or red to look like the training guns police use.
From my days as an airsoft commando...BB/Pellet Guns (4.5mm) do NOT come with the orange tip. Airsoft Guns (6mm) are required by, I believe federal, law to have the orange tips. Higher end ones will unscrew and have threads under for attaching faux muzzle brakes or cans. However, again a little fuzzy on it, I'm pretty sure that modifying or removing the orange is a violation of said law(s). That said, none of my airsoft guns ever kept their orange tip.

We used to airsoft on a buddy's dairy farm in a smaller rural area. Was never a problem. Once a sheriff looped around and pulled in the drive way while we were all getting in battle rattle. He was just curious what we were up to, nobody had called, and just wanted to check in so that if someone DID call, he could respond accordingly. The visit ended with him comparing simunition welts to some of the guys paintball welts.

Carrying one around is just asking for trouble. My mom lived in a neighborhood in a more populated area and I was playing with one on the street, the neighbor threatened to call the cops. I went back inside, no need for cops while my mom was at work.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jan 2015, 18:40

To hell with painting the tips, just disguise the whole gun! Shotguns in super-soakers.
BIG orange tip, still lethal.
& here's another one in 20ga.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/2 ... 38943.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't even trust a squirt gun these days.