RCBS Universal Holder Issue

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

RCBS Universal Holder Issue

Post by panzermk2 » 23 Mar 2016, 05:28

Ok recently RCBS has started shipping their Trim Pro 2 with their universal chuck. This does not always hold the 5.7 very well.

Who here has had the universal holder, removed it and installed our plate?

Once you take of the universal holder what is needed to then mount a conventional plate to the trimmer?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

NVGunner75

Re: RCBS Universal Holder Issue

Post by NVGunner75 » 22 Mar 2021, 13:29

I am waiting on my holder from you guys for my RCBS. I also purchased a Lyman with the universal holder, but it has not got here yet.

Hoosier Carry

Post by Hoosier Carry » 20 Aug 2023, 23:16

I had a long back and forth conversation with an RCBS rep on the subject of reloading for the 5.7x28mm. My problem at the time was getting a high percentage of my brass stuck in both RCBS and Lee dies. So he sent me their spray lube and a #45 shell holder and asked me try them both free of charge. This shell holder was not the #45 shell holder you can purchase. This shell holder had the #45 etched in a different area. It must have been a new one they were planning on selling. This was around a year ago. But after those two components, I had zero stuck cases. That shell holder fit very tight and like a glove. No more rims being torn up. The lube was a good lube as well. So I'm not sure if these new and improved shell holders are out there yet, but that one made all the difference in the world!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 21 Aug 2023, 08:48

Cool, also running some Mothers polish inside your sizer on a cloth patch helps .
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz