Any TRUE BLUE available?

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Any TRUE BLUE available?

Post by Bazzer69 » 15 Apr 2015, 21:21

Anyone know where to buy a couple of pounds of True Blue at a reasonable cost? Midway has been out of stock for quite a while. My local dealers in Redding Northern California never have it!

kmiles

Re: Any TRUE BLUE available?

Post by kmiles » 16 Apr 2015, 10:08

I do not know of any place that currently has it in stock as it tends to sell out within a couple of hours of coming in stock. My suggestion is to sign up for the "in-stock" notifications on as many sites as you can find, and jump on it when it is in stock. My past few pounds have come from http://www.wideners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Midway was taking back orders a couple of weeks ago, but even that was short lived.

Bazzer69
Silver Member
custom title: Erk of the first ord

Post by Bazzer69 » 19 Apr 2015, 16:19

kmiles wrote:I do not know of any place that currently has it in stock as it tends to sell out within a couple of hours of coming in stock. My suggestion is to sign up for the "in-stock" notifications on as many sites as you can find, and jump on it when it is in stock. My past few pounds have come from http://www.wideners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Midway was taking back orders a couple of weeks ago, but even that was short lived.
Thanks for the advice, I have signed up at a few!

kf4zht

Post by kf4zht » 20 Apr 2015, 08:45

I found some at a gunshow but it was pricey. Small gun stores seem to have the best selection since they don't get hit as often. One near me has a limited selection and the staff are clueless on reloading but they end up with the best selection of powder.

bartomark

Post by bartomark » 26 Apr 2015, 03:46

I found some at a large gun show but I paid 36.00 a pound for it. It was the first i have seen in over a year. I hate getting price gouged as much as anyone but when you figure the cost per round it costs about 1/2 of a cent more per round than buying it at the normal price. Still alot cheaper than factory ammo.

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 27 Apr 2015, 12:02

My Local Gun Store says that they have a huge contract with the Military and about 70% of there powder goes directly to them. They also said they are thinking late summer to have over 300LBS of it in stock.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Apr 2015, 12:54

They say, they said, they claim.... :puke:

I am tired of talk. Been hearing the 'soon' BS for over a year now; show me the powder!!!
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 27 Apr 2015, 12:57

bruteandbear1 wrote:My Local Gun Store says that they have a huge contract with the Military and about 70% of there powder goes directly to them. They also said they are thinking late summer to have over 300LBS of it in stock.
Whose powder? Western does not supply government contracts.

They also don't manufacture powder they re bottle bulk PB Clermont powder.

PB Clermont did have an explosion about a year ago at their factory in Belgium. I don't think their production is back up to speed again.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer » 28 Apr 2015, 10:22

If you are willing to pay the high price you can find it here.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/product/ ... ue-1-lb-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember one thing, you can only purchase one canister at a time which is a ripoff. This site has everything but they remain in stock due to their high prices.

sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer » 28 Apr 2015, 10:48

Correction, it does appear that you can add more than one item to the cart to offset the hazard cost.

JoJo

Post by JoJo » 17 May 2015, 13:10

Bazzer69 wrote:Anyone know where to buy a couple of pounds of True Blue at a reasonable cost? Midway has been out of stock for quite a while. My local dealers in Redding Northern California never have it!
Nope! I bought it all. Now I am ready for the zombie squirrels.